Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-12-12, 22:24)rimasx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-12, 19:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-12, 18:56)rimasx Wrote: [ -> ]How can I attach a file here? I finished the Estonian translation, but can't see how to add it here.

@rimasx, you cannot attach a file here. You can put the file in the cloud storage of your choice and paste the link to the file here.

Regards,

Bart
OK, here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NaF_tj0...sp=sharing
@rimasx , thanks! I will include this in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano, something seems to have gone completely wrong with the german language file. There are very often lines like:

xml:
#, fuzzy
#| msgctxt "#31083"
#| msgid "Show double row shelves"
msgctxt "#31045"
msgid "Show Triple Row Shelf"
msgstr "Zeige Fächer mit doppelten Reihen"

where "Zeige Fächer mit doppelten Reihen" matches "Show double row shelves", which is wrong.

This happened with the commit https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.amb...cfeee4df0f ,
committed on 30 Apr.

I've fixed most of the bugs, but I'll take a closer look as soon as I have more time. Smile
Hello all,

I uploaded versions 3.2.115 (Leia) and 3.4.6 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main changes are:

1. No more dependencies on skin.helper.service addons.  Before, Amber depended on script.skin.helper.colorpicker for the color management options, script.skin.helper.skinbackup for the backup/restore options, and included (in Leia) a modified version of script.skin.helper.widgets.  Since that suite of addons is not being officially maintained, I have decided to stop having any of them as dependencies.  Thus, with these new versions of Amber we have:

a.  Color Picker functions without addons.  Thanks to the kind help of @jurialmunkey , I adapted his color picker code to Amber, so now we do not need script.skin.helper.colorpicker for this functionality.  The color picker dialog remains essentially the same.  The only functionality not present in the new version of Amber is the ability to change the opacity of the color you choose.  The new dialog looks like this:

There is only the main color palette also.  I think this fits most users' needs.

b.  Use the Backup addon (script.xbmcbackup) for backup/restore functions.  I have switched Amber to use the Backup addon, since it is being actively maintained, for backup/restore functions.  Please note that this addon does much more than backup/restore skin settings.  Please see my next post on considerations for use of this addon, and how to configure it for backing up/restoring just skin settings.

c.  Modified script.skin.helper.widgets no longer included (Leia).  I am no longer including or maintaining the modded version of this addon.  The support for the functionality that the modification provided has not been removed from the skin.  I am just not including the addon anymore in the Amber repo, and will not be maintaining it.

2.  Additional Extra Artwork options for applicable views.  Amber now allows you to choose to show Clear Art, Disc Art and Character Art as well as Logo in applicable media views (List, Low List, Panel, Panel 2).  The option looks like this now:

Since not necessarily all of your files will have all extra artwork types, Amber falls back to other, more common types, if the one you choose is not present.  For example, for tv shows, if you select Character Art, but do not have any for a particular tv show, Amber will show Clear Art if you have it.  If you do not have Clear Art either, Amber will show the Logo if you have it.  If you do not have Logo either, Amber will not show anything.

And this is how Clear Art looks in Low List, as an example:

3.  Provide options to Auto Close the Video OSD. Amber now provides two methods to auto close the video OSD.  The options look like this:

You can decide to use a mouse-firendly method to auto close the video OSD, and as the option says, you need to have script.skin.info.service version 1.0.8 or higher installed and enabled in your system for this method to work.  The idea behind this method is to prevent having the OSD show up for long when any mouse movement triggers it while watching video.  Thus, the options for interval go from Disabled to 10 seconds, in increments of 1 second.  Please be aware that if you set this interval too short, it might be difficult to perform functions like searching for subtitles, etc.  The intervals look like this:

The other method (not mouse-friendly) does not use any addons.  The intervals for this method go from 3 seconds to 1 minute.  Please be aware that, at least in my experience, when you set this to more than 10 seconds, Kodi might still auto-close the OSD after about 10 seconds.  I do not know why this happens.  Please test for yourself and let me know your experience.  The intervals look like this:

4. Added Estonian translation (thanks to @rimasx ) and completely updated Finnish translation (thanks to @G0mez ).  Thanks to those users for their translation efforts, and thanks to @Cyberdom for continuing to maintain the French translation.

NOTE: For Matrix, I have started to include a default version of the script-skinviewtypes-includes.xml file, which Amber creates when you have the script.skinvariables in your system.  This will make it easier for those who install Amber Matrix from the repo from scratch and should prevent errors with the script.skinvariables addon.  Please remember to use the latest version of that addon if you would like to use the new view type configurator functionality.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

Here are some considerations for using the script.xbmcbackup addon for Backup/Restore.  This addon can back up/restore your whole Kodi configuration, depending on what you select to backup.  Thus, when you now choose the Backup or Restore option in Amber settings, you might be doing a lot more than backing up/restoring Amber settings and configuration.

The Amber backup/restore options look like this now:

I recommend that you look in the addon's support thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=129499, and the addon Wiki https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/wiki, so you can get familiar with it.  Unfortunately, I cannot run the addon from the skin in a way that would only backup or restore the Amber configuration/settings, so I am providing for you here the steps I followed to configure it in my system to do just that.

First, if you are using Leia, please install the recommended version for Leia: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/t...pton-1.5.3 .  If you are using Matrix, install the version in the Kodi Matrix repo, which is pretty up to date.

The initial configuration step you need to do for the addon is configure the folder where your backups will reside.  I am only showing the option to backup up to a folder accessible to the machine where your Kodi is running.  The addon also allows you to backup to cloud services like Google Drive and Dropbox.

So, in this next screenshot you can see that I have configured a local folder for the backups:

The next thing you need to decide is which files you want to backup.  I will show you here the "Advanced" configuration I made to just backup the main Kodi configuration and the Amber settings.  The addon supports a more basic configuration as the default.

So, in the screenshot above, I chose "Advanced" as the mode, and then clicked the "Advanced Editor" option:

I added a backup set that I named "Amber Backup Set", and chose as the root folder for it, special://home/userdata.  This is the folder where your Kodi configuration resides.  The great thing about the addon is that it uses relative paths, so they work independently of whether you are running Kodi in Windows, Linux, Android, LibreELEC, etc.

Then, I added an include folder, the whole userdata folder, but without including all of the subfolders.  That looks like this:

The reason I added the root folder without the subfolders is that I did not want the backup to include all of the addons settings, since I am not backing up any addons (the addon settings are in userdata/addon_data), and I also did not want to include the Thumbnails folder, since I have a huge collection and that folder alone in my system is 29 GBytes.  So, I added all of the other sub-folders as include folders, and it looks like this:

As you can see from the above screenshot, I also added the userdata/addon_data/skin.amber folder and userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts folder as include folders, since this is where the Amber settings are, and where the menu/submenu/widgets configuration is.

After that, you can just press back or choose Cancel until you are out of the addon configuration.  The addon will save your configuration.  From now on, when you do "Backup" in Amber settings it will backup your main Kodi config, plus Amber settings and menus/widgets configurations. 

I understand this might be a bit too technical or involved for some users, but I felt it was important to show you some of how I understand you can configure this powerful addon to backup/restore Amber settings.

Please try this all out and let me know how it goes for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-13, 23:15)beatmasterrs Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano, something seems to have gone completely wrong with the german language file. There are very often lines like:

xml:
#, fuzzy
#| msgctxt "#31083"
#| msgid "Show double row shelves"
msgctxt "#31045"
msgid "Show Triple Row Shelf"
msgstr "Zeige Fächer mit doppelten Reihen"

where "Zeige Fächer mit doppelten Reihen" matches "Show double row shelves", which is wrong.

This happened with the commit https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.amb...cfeee4df0f ,
committed on 30 Apr.

I've fixed most of the bugs, but I'll take a closer look as soon as I have more time. Smile
@beatmasterrs , I would really appreciate it if you can send me an updated German strings.po file, so I can include it in the next skin update.  I have added a lot of string since April.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Sorry, I saw and merged your PR for the master branch on Github. Thanks!
(2020-12-13, 23:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]c.  Modified script.skin.helper.widgets no longer included (Leia).  I am no longer including or maintaining the modded version of this addon.  The support for the functionality that the modification provided has not been removed from the skin.  I am just not including the addon anymore in the Amber repo, and will not be maintaining it.
But isn't this used for the widgets? I am confused.

Great updates by the way.

Shedrock
(2020-12-14, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]script.xbmcbackup addon for Backup/Restore
Sorry for the 2 posts. What was wrong with the old backup method? My skin backs up everyday using script.skin.helper.skinbackup. Sorry, but I am confused on this as well.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2020-12-13, 23:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I uploaded versions 3.2.115 (Leia) and 3.4.6 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.
I updated 3.2.115 yesterday and since then I no longer have access to my files.

When I click on a menu item to open it (Movies, TV Shows, Music, Videos, Addons), the window opens but it is empty.
Even the addon browser is empty from settings.

These same files open correctly from the shelves.

The only menu items that still work are settings, Weather, TV, and Radio.

Switching to the Estuary skin the menu items work correctly.

@bsoriano, do you see where it could come from ?
Could this be a problem related to dependencies ?
(2020-12-14, 12:21)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]

I uploaded versions 3.2.115 (Leia) and 3.4.6 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

When I click on a menu item to open it (Movies, TV Shows, Music, Videos, Addons), the window opens but it is empty.

@Cyberdom, I don't know what could be happening. You use LibreELEC or Android? I will check the Leia repo to see if there is anything wrong with it. Please give me a couple of hours. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-14, 04:53)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-14, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]script.xbmcbackup addon for Backup/Restore
Sorry for the 2 posts. What was wrong with the old backup method? My skin backs up everyday using script.skin.helper.skinbackup. Sorry, but I am confused on this as well.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock, there was nothing wrong with it. It is just that the skin helper addons are no longer being actively maintained, so looking forward I will not have any of them as dependencies of Amber.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-14, 04:42)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-13, 23:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]c.  Modified script.skin.helper.widgets no longer included (Leia).  I am no longer including or maintaining the modded version of this addon.  The support for the functionality that the modification provided has not been removed from the skin.  I am just not including the addon anymore in the Amber repo, and will not be maintaining it.
But isn't this used for the widgets? I am confused.

Great updates by the way.

Shedrock
@shedrock, if you have the addon installed, you can configure widgets from it. That continues to work as before. I am just no longer including my modded version of the addon with Amber, and I will no longer be maintaining that modded version.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-14, 12:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-14, 12:21)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]

@Cyberdom, I don't know what could be happening. You use LibreELEC or Android? I will check the Leia repo to see if there is anything wrong with it. Please give me a couple of hours. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks @bsoriano for your quick response.
I am using Kodi 18.9 on my Nvidia Shield TV which runs Android TV.
It's weird because until now everything was working fine.
(2020-12-14, 12:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, if you have the addon installed, you can configure widgets from it. That continues to work as before. I am just no longer including my modded version of the addon with Amber, and I will no longer be maintaining that modded version.
Thanks Bart.
(2020-12-14, 13:25)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-14, 12:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, if you have the addon installed, you can configure widgets from it. That continues to work as before. I am just no longer including my modded version of the addon with Amber, and I will no longer be maintaining that modded version.
Thanks Bart.
I'm not sure what this all means. All I know that is that I get blank screens whenever I go to to a sub menu like Addons or Favorites. I have two H96 Max boxes and it's the same on both. What exactly do I have to change to make it work like before the last update? I really like Amber and I got it configured the way I like it. Thanks for all your hard work.
(2020-12-14, 14:45)gescofier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-14, 13:25)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks Bart.
I'm not sure what this all means. All I know that is that I get blank screens whenever I go to to a sub menu like Addons or Favorites. I have two H96 Max boxes and it's the same on both. What exactly do I have to change to make it work like before the last update? I really like Amber and I got it configured the way I like it. Thanks for all your hard work.
It looks like the problem I mentioned above :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2995416