Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK got a copy of my current amber skin , if I go to the skin in addons and click update its offering me , 3.2.120 from kodi repo or 3.2.119 from amber repo. Will wait on it no probs.
EDIT :  My bad Bart , forgot I had changed the version number to stop it updating and losing my personal changes.
Yes skin updated now thanks.
To add to my previous post, the In Progress TV Shows actually takes me to the TV show itself rather than playing the next episode. Which option should I choose to show the next episode for an in progress TV show?
(2021-01-01, 11:53)Piranha2004 Wrote: [ -> ]To add to my previous post, the In Progress TV Shows actually takes me to the TV show itself rather than playing the next episode. Which option should I choose to show the next episode for an in progress TV show?

Please ignore this. I was using the wrong one again. Realised I was supposed to be using Embuary helper "Next up episodes" instead. Thanks for your help though.
(2021-01-01, 12:50)Piranha2004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-01, 11:53)Piranha2004 Wrote: [ -> ]To add to my previous post, the In Progress TV Shows actually takes me to the TV show itself rather than playing the next episode. Which option should I choose to show the next episode for an in progress TV show?

Please ignore this. I was using the wrong one again. Realised I was supposed to be using Embuary helper "Next up episodes" instead. Thanks for your help though.
@Piranha2004 , I am glad you got it sorted.  Happy New Year!

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-01, 01:04)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]OK got a copy of my current amber skin , if I go to the skin in addons and click update its offering me , 3.2.120 from kodi repo or 3.2.119 from amber repo. Will wait on it no probs.
EDIT :  My bad Bart , forgot I had changed the version number to stop it updating and losing my personal changes.
Yes skin updated now thanks.
@ontap , I am glad you were able to solve it.  Happy New Year!

Regards,

Bart
@BriceysCousin , @Zerc , Happy New Year! 

If you are comfortable updating the skin from GitHub, the changes to fix the watched overlay not showing up for files is already on GitHub.  You can download the skin from: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia

If not, please wait a couple of days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-01, 18:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@BriceysCousin , @Zerc , Happy New Year! 

If you are comfortable updating the skin from GitHub, the changes to fix the watched overlay not showing up for files is already on GitHub.  You can download the skin from: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia

If not, please wait a couple of days and I will upload a new version to the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Just checked it out, thanks!

I also like how now the icon displays dynamic progress as you get closer to the end of the video, rather than 1 display for "Watched", and 1 for "In Progress"

I appreciate the quick response time, happy holidays!
(2021-01-01, 19:49)BriceysCousin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-01, 18:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@BriceysCousin , @Zerc , Happy New Year! 

Regards,

Bart

I also like how now the icon displays dynamic progress as you get closer to the end of the video, rather than 1 display for "Watched", and 1 for "In Progress"

@BriceysCousin , I am glad this solved the issue for you.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-30, 23:49)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-30, 18:29)Winter53 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this a problem is on my end or with the new update or possibly with YouTube. I'm on the most current version of Amber which updated a few days ago. Since the update ..the trailer button inside movie info seems not to work. It clicks when you click the button then nothing. I changed back to the default skin trailers work..but inside Amber nothing. I have created an API key last year which was required by YouTube and everything has been working fine. Wondering if any one else is having this issue since the update?
@Winter53 , thanks for reporting this.  I think this is happening because you do not have the addon plugin.video.themoviedb.helper, which Amber is currently using to play the trailer from the movie info dialog.  I need to change the code so that users who do not have or want to use that addon can play trailers normally, like the default skin does.  I will do the change in the next few days, but I will not be uploading to the Kodi repo right away.  I suggest that you download and install the Amber repo for Leia, and keep the skin updated from there.  I update the Amber repo a lot more frequently than the Kodi repo.  The link for the repo addon is: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip

Alternatively, you can install the addon plugin.video.themoviedb.helper, and that should also fix the issue.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks Bart, you're the Best!!! No problem glad I could help, thought something was wrong after update. We love that feature to see the preview..it helps sell family members movies to watch..so it has become an essential at our house.. I will install themoviedb.helper and let you know.

Thanks
Winter
(2021-01-01, 23:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-01, 19:49)BriceysCousin Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

@BriceysCousin , I am glad this solved the issue for you.

Regards,

Bart

I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but seeing @BriceysCousin and me had the same issue I'm sure it will work me too. Thanks for the all the hard work @bsoriano
(2021-01-02, 06:59)Winter53 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-30, 23:49)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-30, 18:29)Winter53 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this a problem is on my end or with the new update or possibly with YouTube. I'm on the most current version of Amber which updated a few days ago. Since the update ..the trailer button inside movie info seems not to work. It clicks when you click the button then nothing. I changed back to the default skin trailers work..but inside Amber nothing. I have created an API key last year which was required by YouTube and everything has been working fine. Wondering if any one else is having this issue since the update?
@Winter53 , thanks for reporting this.  I think this is happening because you do not have the addon plugin.video.themoviedb.helper, which Amber is currently using to play the trailer from the movie info dialog.  I need to change the code so that users who do not have or want to use that addon can play trailers normally, like the default skin does.  I will do the change in the next few days, but I will not be uploading to the Kodi repo right away.  I suggest that you download and install the Amber repo for Leia, and keep the skin updated from there.  I update the Amber repo a lot more frequently than the Kodi repo.  The link for the repo addon is: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip

Alternatively, you can install the addon plugin.video.themoviedb.helper, and that should also fix the issue.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks Bart, you're the Best!!! No problem glad I could help, thought something was wrong after update. We love that feature to see the preview..it helps sell family members movies to watch..so it has become an essential at our house.. I will install themoviedb.helper and let you know.

Thanks
Winter

Bart

The themoviedb.helper corrected the problem!!! Installed the add- on..restarted Kodi now the previews are working!!!

Thanks Again..You're Awesome
Winter
Hi,
I've installed Matrix, but try as I might I can't seem to download your repository for Matrix!

Totally confused!
(2021-01-03, 12:55)warchild13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I've installed Matrix, but try as I might I can't seem to download your repository for Matrix!

Totally confused!

@warchild13, does this work: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip

Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-03, 05:18)Winter53 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-02, 06:59)Winter53 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-30, 23:49)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Winter53 , thanks for reporting this.  I think this is happening because you do not have the addon plugin.video.themoviedb.helper, which Amber is currently using to play the trailer from the movie info dialog.  I need to change the code so that users who do not have or want to use that addon can play trailers normally, like the default skin does.  I will do the change in the next few days, but I will not be uploading to the Kodi repo right away.  I suggest that you download and install the Amber repo for Leia, and keep the skin updated from there.  I update the Amber repo a lot more frequently than the Kodi repo.  The link for the repo addon is: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip

Regards,

Bart

Thanks
Winter

Bart

The themoviedb.helper corrected the problem!!! Installed the add- on..restarted Kodi now the previews are working!!!

Thanks Again..You're Awesome
Winter

@Winter53, I am glad you got it sorted. In the next skin update I will change the code so that tmdb helper is no longer a requirement for trailers. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - I just have a question regarding sub menu backgrounds. As you can see in the image below I have a background set for a sub-menu. I thought once I have it highlighted it would display that particular background. If that's the case then it's either not working, or I am missing some switch as I usually do. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock