Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats on taking the jump to the official Kodi repo! Big Grin

Got a little bug to report, too:

When you enter the "Information" page of a movie, you see the cast's headshots at the bottom. They are always visible, no matter which button (Trailer, Same director, Refresh...) is selected. Now the bug: When you select "Choose art", the images of Poster, Fanart and Thumbnail are imposed over the cast images.

Thanks for your outstanding work!
(2019-04-17, 19:02)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Awesome news regarding the Amber (Leia) skin being on the official KODI repo.👍

Cheers!

Shedrock

Thanks @shedrock Smile
@bsoriano - looks fine to me. My kids will be very pleased to have the addon menu back where they can find it (they're Plex and iPlayer fiends).

Mucho thanks
Great job on updating the skin!  I just updated to the repository version, and just about everything looks great.

There's two minor bugs I've noticed--probably because of my unusual use scenario.  I use Kodi on Android (an Nvidia Shield), fully updated, etc., but I don't use any of the library functions.  I just browse through the file structure of my server.   I've found two problems:

1. In the Video section, browsing files with the "List" view pushes them over to the far right of the screen, leaving room for metadata that's not there.  Screens that show only folders are to the left as they should be, but if files are present in the folder being viewed, everything's on the right with the filenames truncated.  All the other views work as intended.

2.In the music section, when I navigate to a folder and start playing it, if I bring up the playlist (on the OSD, then the gear, then Playlist), it's blank, with all the buttons inactive.  Only the remote's "Back" button will get out of the playlist screen.

The first bug doesn't affect usability at all, and it's a rare occurrence that I even encounter the second, so these are both very minor.  Even if they never get fixed, this is still the best skin for Kodi, so thanks for all the work to bring it to Leia!
(2019-04-17, 22:40)crthomas Wrote: [ -> ]Great job on updating the skin!  I just updated to the repository version, and just about everything looks great.

There's two minor bugs I've noticed--probably because of my unusual use scenario.  I use Kodi on Android (an Nvidia Shield), fully updated, etc., but I don't use any of the library functions.  I just browse through the file structure of my server.   I've found two problems:

1. In the Video section, browsing files with the "List" view pushes them over to the far right of the screen, leaving room for metadata that's not there.  Screens that show only folders are to the left as they should be, but if files are present in the folder being viewed, everything's on the right with the filenames truncated.  All the other views work as intended.

2.In the music section, when I navigate to a folder and start playing it, if I bring up the playlist (on the OSD, then the gear, then Playlist), it's blank, with all the buttons inactive.  Only the remote's "Back" button will get out of the playlist screen.

The first bug doesn't affect usability at all, and it's a rare occurrence that I even encounter the second, so these are both very minor.  Even if they never get fixed, this is still the best skin for Kodi, so thanks for all the work to bring it to Leia!
@crthomas , thank you for your feedback and kind words! As for the issues reported, I think I fixed both issues.  Please download the latest from my GitHub repo (link on the first post), test, and let me know if you find any additional issues. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-17, 19:48)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on taking the jump to the official Kodi repo! Big Grin

Got a little bug to report, too:

When you enter the "Information" page of a movie, you see the cast's headshots at the bottom. They are always visible, no matter which button (Trailer, Same director, Refresh...) is selected. Now the bug: When you select "Choose art", the images of Poster, Fanart and Thumbnail are imposed over the cast images.

Thanks for your outstanding work!
@Humdinger , thank you for your feedback and kind words!

I fixed the issue.  Please download the latest from my GitHub repo (link in the first post), test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Wow, that was fast!  Yes, the music playlist is working as it should now.  Thanks for the quick response! 

As for the file list under Videos, I've just switched to another view, and I'll wait for any solutions to work their way into the repository.  I'm sure you have more important things to work on than my fringe use case!

(2019-04-17, 23:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-17, 22:40)crthomas Wrote: [ -> ]Great job on updating the skin!  I just updated to the repository version, and just about everything looks great.

@crthomas , thank you for your feedback and kind words! As for the issues reported:

1. I will look further into this, since your use case  is a files view without any metadata.  More to come on this.
2. I found the issue and fixed it.  Please download the latest from my GitHub repo (link on the first post), test, and let me know if you find any additional issues. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
(2019-04-17, 23:50)crthomas Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that was fast!  Yes, the music playlist is working as it should now.  Thanks for the quick response! 

As for the file list under Videos, I've just switched to another view, and I'll wait for any solutions to work their way into the repository.  I'm sure you have more important things to work on than my fringe use case!

(2019-04-17, 23:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

@crthomas , thank you for your feedback and kind words! As for the issues reported:

1. I will look further into this, since your use case  is a files view without any metadata.  More to come on this.
2. I found the issue and fixed it.  Please download the latest from my GitHub repo (link on the first post), test, and let me know if you find any additional issues. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

@crthomas , I just edited my previous response to you.  I think I fixed the other issue as well, please download, test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-17, 14:07)startreksuite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-17, 09:47)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Indeed many thanks, and enjoy your new Skilled Skinner status. Well deserved Smile

You should also now have moderator permissions on this board section as part of that, although if you're not comfortable in doing stuff (or need any pointers) give me a shout or PM and I can help too there.

One thing I have noticed in the skin (which confused my kids) is the add-ons menu option has dropped from the first item to almost last (just before quit). I think it's more natural where it was at the beginning of the list, as that's where most other skins have it too.

I noticed this as well as the list menu has squished the link listing over to right again. A small nuisance! 
@startreksuite , could you please test the latest in Git? I think I finally fixed the List views being squished to the right for all scenarios.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-18, 00:37)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-17, 14:07)startreksuite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-17, 09:47)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Indeed many thanks, and enjoy your new Skilled Skinner status. Well deserved Smile

You should also now have moderator permissions on this board section as part of that, although if you're not comfortable in doing stuff (or need any pointers) give me a shout or PM and I can help too there.

One thing I have noticed in the skin (which confused my kids) is the add-ons menu option has dropped from the first item to almost last (just before quit). I think it's more natural where it was at the beginning of the list, as that's where most other skins have it too.

I noticed this as well as the list menu has squished the link listing over to right again. A small nuisance!  
@startreksuite , could you please test the latest in Git? I think I finally fixed the List views being squished to the right for all scenarios.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Hooray! No squish! And I appreciate the addons on the top of the skin. Thanks again for making my life a little easier!😀
(2019-04-18, 00:20)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-17, 23:50)crthomas Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that was fast!  Yes, the music playlist is working as it should now.  Thanks for the quick response! 

(2019-04-17, 23:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@crthomas , thank you for your feedback and kind words! As for the issues reported:

Regards,

Bart 

@crthomas , I just edited my previous response to you.  I think I fixed the other issue as well, please download, test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Yes, the list view works now, too.  As far as my use is concerned, the skin is bug-free.  Thanks a million!
(2019-04-17, 23:26)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-17, 19:48)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]When you enter the "Information" page of a movie, you see the cast's headshots at the bottom. They are always visible, no matter which button (Trailer, Same director, Refresh...) is selected. Now the bug: When you select "Choose art", the images of Poster, Fanart and Thumbnail are imposed over the cast images.
I fixed the issue.  Please download the latest from my GitHub repo (link in the first post), test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks. 

Confirmed. Thanks for the quick fix!
Hello fellow users of Amber :-)
I'm running into a problem with the Artist Slideshow not showing anything when playing music. Switching to Estuary, and the fanart is shown.
What can I do? Are you experiencing it as well?
I attach the log file here for anyone maybe seeing a clue there...
(2019-04-18, 22:10)eljejer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello fellow users of Amber :-)
I'm running into a problem with the Artist Slideshow not showing anything when playing music. Switching to Estuary, and the fanart is shown.
What can I do? Are you experiencing it as well?
I attach the log file here for anyone maybe seeing a clue there...

@eljejer , I tried Artist Slideshow (turning on  the  setting in Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced, Use Artist Slideshow for Fanart), and it worked fine for me.  I can't tell from your log what might be wrong.  Maybe Estuary has the fanart from Artist Slideshow enabled by default, and in Amber you have to enable the setting? 

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-04, 21:37)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-04, 12:01)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-04, 07:48)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]The last added date on the right side should be placed somewhere else, because it strips down the series name in many cases and I think the name is more important than the date when the last episode was downloaded.

Original

@Merwenus, thanks for your feedback. Do you have your series sorted by added date? When you do, that's when that date appears. Please sort the series by title and let me know if the date is still there. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  

Yes, it is sorted by date all the time, that is why the date is not necessary. At least I think when we download an episode we put it in the library, and it is usually maximum a few days old, so at least I think we dont really need a download/copy date next to the series name, because a full name is more important than a copy/download date. 
@Merwenus , could you please check the latest from Git? I added a new option in Settings, Amber Settings, General: Hide Second Label in List Views.  Set that to Yes and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart