Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-02-14, 04:05)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]An issue with Amber on Matrix.... In the addons/Info page theres no "Update" button or in Matrix its called "Versions" now. To be clear, im talking about the info page when you click info on an addon in the addon browser. Other buttons there are Open, Configure, auto update, Disable, uninstall etc.
@jdig4240 , thanks for reporting this.  I have pushed a fix to GitHub (master branch is Matrix).

Regards,

Bart
(2021-02-15, 23:43)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I am not sure if you remember a while back I mentioned to you that sometimes when I go to install an addon, the "ok" button is not there? Well, today I was able to reproduce it. You can see from the 2 images. I had to exit and go back into it a few times until I got the option to choose "ok". Also, I seem to be having an issue with the menu icons in the settings area as you will see in the pic. I accidentally pressed my remotes ok button and then it displayed those icons. I am probably missing something that clearly in sight. Maybe you can tell me what's wrong.

ImageImageImage

Thanks as usual.

Shedrock
@shedrock , I do remember.  I have not been able to determine what is wrong with the OK button, since it is there in the xml.  What I have found is that if you click on any of the dependencies and update it (even if it is to the same version you have installed), then the OK button shows up.  This happens randomly, I have not been able to to determine a pattern for this.

As for the second issue, it looks like you brought up the context menu while on a menu item in the menu configuration dialog, and that's why you are seeing the "Disable" context menu item.  I need to check the code, since it is displaying the icon selected for each menu item when you bring up the context menu, and since you do not have any icon selected, it is showing the background for each menu item as the icon.  Do not worry, there is nothing wrong.  I will change the code so that the icons are not shown unless you have actually enabled the vertical, icons only menu.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @shedrock , I fixed the second issue.  The changes are on GitHub already.  Thanks for reporting this.
(2021-02-16, 00:28)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]What I have found is that if you click on any of the dependencies and update it (even if it is to the same version you have installed), then the OK button shows up. 
No problem. Speaking of Dependencies. Would it be possible to add that so that it shows up in the addons? For example if I use Aeon MQ7, it shows for each addon the Dependencies. You can see what I mean by the attached pic. As for the Context menu issue, no problem at all.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-02-16, 00:42)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-16, 00:28)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]What I have found is that if you click on any of the dependencies and update it (even if it is to the same version you have installed), then the OK button shows up. 
No problem. Speaking of Dependencies. Would it be possible to add that so that it shows up in the addons? For example if I use Aeon MQ7, it shows for each addon the Dependencies. You can see what I mean by the attached pic. As for the Context menu issue, no problem at all.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , I have added the Dependencies button to the addon info dialog.  The change is on GitHub already.  Thanks for bringing this up.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you Bart. You're the best.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-02-16, 01:58)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Bart. You're the best.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks! Smile

Regards,

Bart
i don't know if this is an amber or a kodi issue. for tv episodes the duration seems to be missing for me. in any view and no matter what scraper i use for tv shows the duration of the episode never shows. it also does not show in the "random episodes" shelf. this is just for tv episodes. movie duration working

the media flags and hdr/sdr flags also seem to be missing. movies and tv. i can see the media flags in the player but nowhere else. strange
One observation concerning Matrix latest version 3.4.13.  The "seek bar" is always on while playing music.  With a visualization, it's distracting.  I went through what I thought were all the semi-related options (there are confusingly quite a few) and could not  determine a method to get rid of it.  Reverting back to version 3.4.11 from the Kodi repository and there's no problem.  The seek bar vanishes after a short duration and all that's displayed is the visualization as it should be.  Am I missing something here?
(2021-02-21, 19:17)dpetr Wrote: [ -> ]One observation concerning Matrix latest version 3.4.13.  The "seek bar" is always on while playing music.  With a visualization, it's distracting.  I went through what I thought were all the semi-related options (there are confusingly quite a few) and could not  determine a method to get rid of it.  Reverting back to version 3.4.11 from the Kodi repository and there's no problem.  The seek bar vanishes after a short duration and all that's displayed is the visualization as it should be.  Am I missing something here?

@dpetr , you are not missing anything, this is a bug.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will look into it.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-02-21, 19:17)dpetr Wrote: [ -> ]One observation concerning Matrix latest version 3.4.13.  The "seek bar" is always on while playing music.  With a visualization, it's distracting.  I went through what I thought were all the semi-related options (there are confusingly quite a few) and could not  determine a method to get rid of it.  Reverting back to version 3.4.11 from the Kodi repository and there's no problem.  The seek bar vanishes after a short duration and all that's displayed is the visualization as it should be.  Am I missing something here?

@dpetr , I have fixed this issue.  The changes are already on GitHub, master branch.  If you are able to update from GitHub, please test and let me know that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-02-20, 10:49)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]i don't know if this is an amber or a kodi issue. for tv episodes the duration seems to be missing for me. in any view and no matter what scraper i use for tv shows the duration of the episode never shows. it also does not show in the "random episodes" shelf. this is just for tv episodes. movie duration working

the media flags and hdr/sdr flags also seem to be missing. movies and tv. i can see the media flags in the player but nowhere else. strange

@billyrene , there must be a Kodi or other issue in your system.  I am not experiencing this, either in Leia or Matrix.  If you switch to the default skin (Estuary), do you see the duration for tv episodes and the media flags?

Regards,

Bart
Updated to Kodi 19, got it all up and running after faffing about witht the Android SMB issue  Confused  
Anyway, all is running smoothly and Amber Matrix works as it is meant to, only one little thing, when skipping between bookmarks on a Shield TV pro, the seekbar vanishes in a tenth of a second after the skip. On a Win 10 computer with UWP install, the seekbar stays on for a couple of seconds, just enough to see the remaining time and other information, like it did on the Shield with Kodi 18.
I wonder if this is a Kodi or Amber issue, probably the former as it works well on Windows?
(2021-02-23, 22:43)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]Updated to Kodi 19, got it all up and running after faffing about witht the Android SMB issue  Confused  
Anyway, all is running smoothly and Amber Matrix works as it is meant to, only one little thing, when skipping between bookmarks on a Shield TV pro, the seekbar vanishes in a tenth of a second after the skip. On a Win 10 computer with UWP install, the seekbar stays on for a couple of seconds, just enough to see the remaining time and other information, like it did on the Shield with Kodi 18.
I wonder if this is a Kodi or Amber issue, probably the former as it works well on Windows?
@Filmbuff , do you mean in this screen?

If so, for me in Windows, the seek bar stays the whole time.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I made some updates to the seek bar, which might affect what you are seeing.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano,

Wondering if there is an issue with Sets/Collections? (Current Amber Matrix version with updated Kodi LibreElec nightly)
I noticed my Sets stopped scanning in any artwork - I can't say exactly when they stopped scanning since I don't view them all the time, sorry.
After making sure that my paths didn't change for some reason, I just started adding by hand through the manage option.

In the pictures you will notice the Set Names overlayed on the Clearart. This also carries over when Sets are viewed in the Movies list.

I use a Playlist to list the Movies, but I do not use any playlist for sets - since they have thier own folder path for images built into Kodi now (MSIF).
Might this be an internal Kodi bug?

Picture while in "Sets" view:

Picture while in "Movies" view, with "Show Sets" option turned on in Kodi Media/Video settings:

Thank you for your continued work on the skin Smile
DM
(2021-02-23, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-23, 22:43)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]Updated to Kodi 19, got it all up and running after faffing about witht the Android SMB issue  Confused  
@Filmbuff , do you mean in this screen?

If so, for me in Windows, the seek bar stays the whole time.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I made some updates to the seek bar, which might affect what you are seeing.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Tried the last one from github, still the same. Let me see if I can explain it better, it's the bit in red in your picture, here: 

I have the seekbar in the default position, above the video, and on the Shield remote when skipping chapters/bookmarks, the seekbar comes on for a couple of seconds to give you the relevant information. It's just that the seekbar comes on for a tenth of a second, instead of a couple of seconds.