Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-04-04, 13:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 10:12)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-03, 18:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]ok@billyrene , please test the latest from GitHub, I think most issues are fixed:

1.  Season poster and movie poster show up fine for me in all cases.  You can always hide the plot by pressing i on the OSD (not the button, but the key i, or whatever button you have mapped in your remote to do Info).

2. I fixed that, thanks.

3. I just fixed that as well.

4. I found a way to stop the runtime from disappearing when you open the context menu, so the runtime in hours and minutes in the shelves is back.

Finally, I have been able to replicate the issue you mentioned about getting the info for the previous movie if you bring it up right after starting playing.  This only seems to happen if you play from the shelves.  I have no idea how to fix that, so we will have to live with it.

Regards,

Bart

awesome thank you so much

i still seem to be having the 2nd issue. if i go from the main menu into tv shows.. any tv show then and get the information on a single episode the tv show name is still missing. i only get s#e# episode name. only have this "issue" when getting the info from there.

since you where able to bring back the runtime in hours and minutes in the shelves for movies, can you maybe also do the same for tv shows?

something else i noticed, when you are in the information screen from the OSD, and you choose an actor, there is this nice little popup with all the actors movies, episodes etc. from your library which you added a couple of weeks ago. if you select a movie there you then get the information screen of that movie but the poster and the runtime are the ones from the movie you are watching. same if you select the actors tv shows and single episodes in that popup. with single episodes the title is also missing the S#E.  and if you select extras the tv show name disappears altogether.

with all this information screen testing i also noticed several other issues when getting the information, not from within the OSD but other places, with missing titles etc no biggies. but before i go into this i just wanted to ask you if you even want to know about it? i'm sure you have better things to do

thanks again and happy easter

@billyrene, thanks for continuing to test, and Happy Easter to you as well.  I will look into this again, and please, let me know about all of the issues that you find, they help me make the skin better.

One thing, with the episode name with no TV show title, are you using poster or thumb in th info dialog?

Regards,

Bart

ok i will let you know. i use season posters in the info screen but i just double checked and the tv show title is also missing when i use thumbs
(2021-04-04, 13:53)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]https://i.imgur.com/UBK1PfF.jpg

Could you tell me what the setting corresponds to this icon inset in red? And how do you get her to give information? thx

this is the user rating. your rating.... if you give a movie a rating it shows up there
(2021-04-04, 13:53)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]https://i.imgur.com/UBK1PfF.jpg

Could you tell me what the setting corresponds to this icon inset in red? And how do you get her to give information? thx
@Reynald , that is the user rating for the item.  If you go to the information dialog for the item, there is a button named "Set My Rating" where you can provide a rating for the item, either No Rating, or a number from 1 to 10.  Like it is shown here:

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-03, 18:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-02, 19:55)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]i tested it a little bit more and the info screen from inside the OSD works just fine except the season poster is not loading again, movie poster also not. btw maybe you could also make the plot field in the OSD optional? since you get the plot later on in the info screen anyway? just a thought.

2. if you go to tv shows and get the information there for a single episode the tv show name is missing in the title. it only show S#E# - episode name

3. i also discovered if you get the information screen from a shelf. either movies, an episode or tv show there seems to be the trouble with the runtime again if you get a popup from extras or the plot from ... . the runtime changes. also for single tv episode from the shelf there is that issue with the title again where whatever is highlighted in a popup is in the title. happens only if you get the information screen from a shelf.

4. about the hrs and min shelf issue. it does not disappear anymore but tbh i liked the look much better before when it was hrs and min. maybe we can live with the disappearing duration? Tongue up to you i guess
@billyrene , please test the latest from GitHub, I think most issues are fixed:

1.  Season poster and movie poster show up fine for me in all cases.  You can always hide the plot by pressing i on the OSD (not the button, but the key i, or whatever button you have mapped in your remote to do Info).

2. I fixed that, thanks.

4. I found a way to stop the runtime from disappearing when you open the context menu, so the runtime in hours and minutes in the shelves is back.

Finally, I have been able to replicate the issue you mentioned about getting the info for the previous movie if you bring it up right after starting playing.  This only seems to happen if you play from the shelves.  I have no idea how to fix that, so we will have to live with it.

Regards,

Bart

i still seem to be having the 2nd issue. if i go from the main menu into tv shows.. any tv show then and get the information on a single episode the tv show name is still missing. i only get s#e# episode name. only have this "issue" when getting the info from there.

since you where able to bring back the runtime in hours and minutes in the shelves for movies, can you maybe also do the same for tv shows?

something else i noticed, when you are in the information screen from the OSD, and you choose an actor, there is this nice little popup with all the actors movies, episodes etc. from your library which you added a couple of weeks ago. if you select a movie there you then get the information screen of that movie but the poster and the runtime are the ones from the movie you are watching. same if you select the actors tv shows and single episodes in that popup. with single episodes the title is also missing the S#E.  and if you select extras the tv show name disappears altogether.

with all this information screen testing i also noticed several other issues when getting the information, not from within the OSD but other places, with missing titles etc no biggies. but before i go into this i just wanted to ask you if you even want to know about it? i'm sure you have better things to do

@billyrene , I was just testing and I cannot replicate most of the issues you mention.  The only issue I am seeing right now is that when you click on any movie, tv show or episode from the local search window that you get when you click on an actor, there is no title shown on the info dialog.  That and the fact that playback resumes once the local search window is opened.

Please provide detailed steps on how you get each issue you mention, as well as screenshots, so I can better evaluate the problem.  There is a button that has an "i" in the toolbar for the forum, if you click it you can insert any image that you have in your system.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-04, 13:14)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 00:00)crazyhands911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-03, 12:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@crazyhands911, the only updates for Leia have been translation updates, and only on GitHub.  Do you update from GitHub? Also, when you say that your playlists will not open, does that mean that the menu item does nothing when selected, or does it mean that you get a blank window when you select the menu item? If it is the latter, can you press left on that window and see if you can get the sideblade? If so, try to select a viewtype and see if now your playlist shows.

I have noticed an issue, in Matrix, that I am trying to pinpoint the cause for.  I guess the issue could also be in Leia.  Finally, please take a debug log when the problem is happening and post a link to it here, so I can investigate further.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
I do use Github and have the repository as well. I'm currently running Amber version 3.2.128
If I click on the home menu items, it takes me to where I can select Files, Playlists or Video add-ons.
If I then go into Playlists and select any of them, it does nothing, the screen does not change at all.
@crazyhands911, thanks for the additional information.  Please remember to provide me with a debug log.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart@
@bsoriano 

My Debug Log
(2021-04-04, 17:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-03, 18:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@billyrene , please test the latest from GitHub, I think most issues are fixed:

2. I fixed that, thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@billyrene , I was just testing and I cannot replicate most of the issues you mention.  The only issue I am seeing right now is that when you click on any movie, tv show or episode from the local search window that you get when you click on an actor, there is no title shown on the info dialog.  That and the fact that playback resumes once the local search window is opened.

Please provide detailed steps on how you get each issue you mention, as well as screenshots, so I can better evaluate the problem.  There is a button that has an "i" in the toolbar for the forum, if you click it you can insert any image that you have in your system.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

sure no problem. so here we go. i am watching king kong. selecting the info dialogue from OSD

in the info dialogue i now select an actor and the i get this

i select a movie i get this

as you can see the poster and the runtime are still king kong. it also is the same with tv shows.

for single episodes repeat image 1 and 2 and select a single episode from an actor and you get this

king kong poster, s#e# is missing in the title and runtime from king kong

highlight the extras and i get this

no tv show in title and no s#e#

hope this helps you. let me know what other issues i described you can't replicate
(2021-04-04, 17:32)crazyhands911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 13:14)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 00:00)crazyhands911 Wrote: [ -> ]I do use Github and have the repository as well. I'm currently running Amber version 3.2.128
If I click on the home menu items, it takes me to where I can select Files, Playlists or Video add-ons.
If I then go into Playlists and select any of them, it does nothing, the screen does not change at all.
@crazyhands911, thanks for the additional information.  Please remember to provide me with a debug log.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart@
@bsoriano 

My Debug Log
@crazyhands911 , thank you for the log.  From what I can see there, you have a problem connecting to your MySQL database, and thus, you do not have a working video db.  That, in my opinion, is why the playlists do not bring anything.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-04, 18:24)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 17:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 10:12)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]awesome thank you so much

Regards,

Bart

sure no problem. so here we go. i am watching king kong. selecting the info dialogue from OSD

as you can see the poster and the runtime are still king kong. it also is the same with tv shows.

for single episodes repeat image 1 and 2 and select a single episode from an actor and you get this

hope this helps you. let me know what other issues i described you can't replicate
@billyrene , thank you for the info and screenshots, they were very helpful.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I solved the issues you mentioned.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-04, 18:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 17:32)crazyhands911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 13:14)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano @crazyhands911, thanks for the additional information.  Please remember to provide me with a debug log.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart@
@bsoriano 

My Debug Log
@crazyhands911 , thank you for the log.  From what I can see there, you have a problem connecting to your MySQL database, and thus, you do not have a working video db.  That, in my opinion, is why the playlists do not bring anything.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 
That is weird. I could still access the data on the NAS via Files.
I did log into my NAS and it had some updates to perform. After updates were completed and it had rebooted, the system came right up and the playlists were active again. Something with the updates must have stopped the MySQL service on the NAS or something. I'll be sure to check and watch for that in the future. Thanks for the assist!
(2021-04-04, 23:04)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 18:24)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 17:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@billyrene , I was just testing and I cannot replicate most of the issues you mention.  The only issue I am seeing right now is that when you click on any movie, tv show or episode from the local search window that you get when you click on an actor, there is no title shown on the info dialog.  That and the fact that playback resumes once the local search window is opened.

Regards,

Bart

@billyrene , thank you for the info and screenshots, they were very helpful.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I solved the issues you mentioned.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

great those issues seem to be solved. thank you

i'll make a list about the other couple of little issues left i found trough out the info dialogue and let you know then... with images  Wink  seems to be easier for you
(2021-04-03, 19:44)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]So just doing some more testing on this skin as i go and thought I would just point out a few small flaws ive seen so far, they are NOT high priority type bugs, but just stuff ive noticed..
    1- In Music OSD, theres no button for turning on/off Lyrics. There is a button that lets you select the lyrics provider addon, but no button to enable/Disable, (unless you turn it on in crclyrics to automatically display lyrics all the time)
    2-When bottom shortcuts are enabled, the now playing section on the home screen is covered up by the Main menu bar (Depending on what music info you select to show, like next tracks)

-For touchscreen:
    3-It would be nice if the scrollbars were a little more visible. I couldnt figure out how to navigate the PVR guide for example untill I saw that small dot on the right side for the scrollbar, lol.
    4-The touchscreen controls at the very top are so tiny it makes it very hard to use even with your finger. (Especially with my Galaxy Note 20 that has curved glass at the edges, lol)
    5-When any Video or music is playing in the background, the touchscreen stops working for some reason when you navigate back to the main menu, you can no longer navigate until you stop the playing media. Might be hard for you to test unless you have a touchscreen device. But this is still the best skin so far for touchscreens, so very happy about that!!!

Heres a pic of the home screen info being blocked..Just un unforseen side effect of adding botton shortcuts I know..Image
@jdig4240 , I have added code to Amber to Enable/Disable Lyrics.  First, you will find a global skin setting to "Disable Lyrics".  By default it is set to No.  You can find the new setting here:

Second, there is now a toggle in the Music OSD to "Activate Lyrics".  This in essence toggles the global setting.  The new setting looks like this:

If lyrics were not started for this item, you can then click on the Lyrics button on the settings popup to run the lyrics addon and get them started.  If you click the new setting again, lyrics will not show.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-05, 18:55)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 23:04)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-04, 18:24)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]sure no problem. so here we go. i am watching king kong. selecting the info dialogue from OSD

Regards,

Bart

great those issues seem to be solved. thank you

i'll make a list about the other couple of little issues left i found trough out the info dialogue and let you know then... with images  Wink  seems to be easier for you
@billyrene , thanks for confirming.  And yes, screenshots make it a lot easier for me. Thanks for your continued testing.

Regards,

Bart
ok so here are a some issues i discovered from within the info dialogue

1. if you are in the info dialogue from anywhere within the library , a shelv or OSD, and get the info on an actor and end up here

to whatever info dialogue you go on from here, movie, tv show or episode the title is mising

if you highlight a movie at the bottom here, same director etc., the highlited movie title shows up on top as actual title

if you should select information on this particular movie here, on the next info dialogue you have the same issue with the title and it also keeps the runtime from the first movie, same thing with tv shows

2. if you pull up the info dialogue on a tv show, from within library, shelf or anywhere you get of course this

if you select a similar tv series, same year etc. from the bottom, star trek in this case it kicks you out of the info dialogue. if you choose info on the selected tv show you have the runtime issue again as explained above.

(2021-04-05, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-03, 19:44)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]So just doing some more testing on this skin as i go and thought I would just point out a few small flaws ive seen so far, they are NOT high priority type bugs, but just stuff ive noticed..
    1- In Music OSD, theres no button for turning on/off Lyrics. There is a button that lets you select the lyrics provider addon, but no button to enable/Disable, (unless you turn it on in crclyrics to automatically display lyrics all the time)
    2-When bottom shortcuts are enabled, the now playing section on the home screen is covered up by the Main menu bar (Depending on what music info you select to show, like next tracks)

-For touchscreen:
    3-It would be nice if the scrollbars were a little more visible. I couldnt figure out how to navigate the PVR guide for example untill I saw that small dot on the right side for the scrollbar, lol.
    4-The touchscreen controls at the very top are so tiny it makes it very hard to use even with your finger. (Especially with my Galaxy Note 20 that has curved glass at the edges, lol)
    5-When any Video or music is playing in the background, the touchscreen stops working for some reason when you navigate back to the main menu, you can no longer navigate until you stop the playing media. Might be hard for you to test unless you have a touchscreen device. But this is still the best skin so far for touchscreens, so very happy about that!!!

Heres a pic of the home screen info being blocked..Just un unforseen side effect of adding botton shortcuts I know..Image
@jdig4240 , I have added code to Amber to Enable/Disable Lyrics.  First, you will find a global skin setting to "Disable Lyrics".  By default it is set to No.  You can find the new setting here:

Second, there is now a toggle in the Music OSD to "Activate Lyrics".  This in essence toggles the global setting.  The new setting looks like this:

If lyrics were not started for this item, you can then click on the Lyrics button on the settings popup to run the lyrics addon and get them started.  If you click the new setting again, lyrics will not show.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Nice!!, Yes. Exactly. Thank you again!
(2021-04-06, 03:16)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]ok so here are a some issues i discovered from within the info dialogue

1. if you are in the info dialogue from anywhere within the library , a shelv or OSD, and get the info on an actor and end up here

to whatever info dialogue you go on from here, movie, tv show or episode the title is mising

if you highlight a movie at the bottom here, same director etc., the highlited movie title shows up on top as actual title

if you should select information on this particular movie here, on the next info dialogue you have the same issue with the title and it also keeps the runtime from the first movie, same thing with tv shows

2. if you pull up the info dialogue on a tv show, from within library, shelf or anywhere you get of course this

if you select a similar tv series, same year etc. from the bottom, star trek in this case it kicks you out of the info dialogue. if you choose info on the selected tv show you have the runtime issue again as explained above.

@billyrene , thank you for providing these.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub? I think I solved these issues.  In terms of selecting a similar series, what should happen now is that Amber will take you to that tv show if it is in your library.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart