Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-04-25, 22:22)RyFeR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-25, 20:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-25, 19:03)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]can you make this an option? i kinda like the title at the bottom... otherwise it's kinda empty there

@billyrene, all right, I will make this an option.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart, indeed please make it an option, would like to keep this as well.
@RyFeR , @billyrene , I have made this an option.  Please note that the default is NOT to show the title in the footer.  You can find the new option here:

This means that the option is applied by media type: non-episode video media (movies, tv shows, seasons, sets, musicvideos), episodes, and music (albums, artists).

The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only).

Regards,

Bart
@bobrap , I realized today that my implementation for short static widgets was faulty, so I had to revert it.  As of the latest code in GitHub, you need to select "Short Daily Weather" or "Short Hourly Weather" when you are configuring a widget, if you want to display only 5 items in the weather widget.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-25, 18:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-25, 16:08)tcclives23 Wrote: [ -> ]Could you add the ability to remove the title text indicated in the attached pic? It seems unnecessary to me giving all the other titles.

@tcclives23 , I thought about this better and decided that it is indeed redundant in all cases where the view is Netflix-style, so I have removed it.  The changed are already on GitHub (Matrix only).  Now the view looks like this:

Regards,

Bart

Awesome! Thanks Bart! Though I'll have to take your word for it for now until Matrix is released for Xbox One.
(2021-04-25, 23:17)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-25, 20:03)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-25, 18:16)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]bsoriano, another question. Weather widgets. Is there a way to extend how many days are shown? It seems it only displays 5 days, also only displays 5 hours with hourly forecast,  is this a limitation of the weather service, or the skin?
**Edit. It must be a skin limitation, if i switch to estuary, more days show and many more hours.
@jdig4240, this is a bug.  I will fix it later today or tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart
@jdig4240 , please try the latest from GitHub.  I have fixed this issue.  You might have to delete the file "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" from the skin's 1080i folder in order for the change to take effect.  Please let me know if indeed the issue is fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Yes indeed, its fixed. Thanks again b!
(2021-04-25, 23:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-25, 20:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@billyrene, all right, I will make this an option.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart, indeed please make it an option, would like to keep this as well.
@RyFeR , @billyrene , I have made this an option.  Please note that the default is NOT to show the title in the footer.  You can find the new option here:

This means that the option is applied by media type: non-episode video media (movies, tv shows, seasons, sets, musicvideos), episodes, and music (albums, artists).

Regards,

Bart
great thank you so much
Hi,
i've a surely stupid problem but i can't find how to fix it.
I've installed this beautifull skin on a clean Matrix release and configured a movies library. In the main home page i've the MOVIES button but i can see the movies list and scroll all my movies only if i first click on the MOVIES button. After that i can see my movies with the plot, the ratings the video info and so on.
I saw in the first Amber screenshot that there is the possibility to see the movies withouth having to click on the MOVIES button (maybe it is a shelve ?) but i don't know how to activate it.
Could someone please help me ?

Thanks
Mattia
(2021-04-26, 01:21)tcclives23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-25, 18:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-25, 16:08)tcclives23 Wrote: [ -> ]Could you add the ability to remove the title text indicated in the attached pic? It seems unnecessary to me giving all the other titles.

@tcclives23 , I thought about this better and decided that it is indeed redundant in all cases where the view is Netflix-style, so I have removed it.  The changed are already on GitHub (Matrix only).  Now the view looks like this:

Regards,

Bart

Awesome! Thanks Bart! Though I'll have to take your word for it for now until Matrix is released for Xbox One.
@tcclives23 , thank you for letting me know what version you are on.  I will make the change for Leia as well.  This week I should upload a new version to the Amber repos (Leia and Matrix).

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-27, 14:45)tmbt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I've installed this beautifull skin on a clean Matrix release and configured a movies library. In the main home page i've the MOVIES button but i can see the movies list and scroll all my movies only if i first click on the MOVIES button. After that i can see my movies with the plot, the ratings the video info and so on.
I saw in the first Amber screenshot that there is the possibility to see the movies withouth having to click on the MOVIES button (maybe it is a shelve ?) but i don't know how to activate it.

Thanks
Mattia
@tmbt , thanks for your kind words.  If you want to see movies without going into the library, then yes, you would need to configure shelve(s)/widget(s).  The shelves do not show you plot or cast, etc., they just show you the selected art (poster, fanart, landscape, etc.), and basic info such as title, year, duration and main rating.

Given that, how would you like to see your movies ordered in a shelf? Would you like to see 2 or 3 rows of movies in the shelf?  In the following screenshots, I show you how to configure a shelf for your MOVIES main menu item that shows you movies that you have added recently, up to 50 of them, ordered by date added, descending (newest first), and shows you two rows of movies.

1. Go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves:

2. On the left side, navigate to Movies:

3. On the right side, navigate to Shelf 1 and select(click) that, and once again in the following screen:

4.  From the shelf configuration dialog, choose "Default Shelves":

5.  Then, choose Movies:

6.  Then, choose "Recently Added Movies":

7.  Edit the label for the shelf (or leave it as is):

8.  Activate the "Double row shelf" radio button:

9.  Then, select Sort By, to choose how you want the items ordered.  From the resulting dialog, choose "Date Added":

10.  And then, select Sort Order, to choose if you want the sorting ascending or descending.  From the resulting dialog, choose "Descending".

11. Then, select Shelf Limit, and from the resulting dialog, choose "50":

Now you can go back to the main menu, by pressing Back several times, or Escape several times.

the result is the following for the MOVIES main menu item:

Depending on haow you have Kodi configured, you can just select/click on any of the movies on the shelf to play it, and you can show information on the movie by pressing i (Info), which will provide you will the details of the movie, like this:

Please explore fully all of the configuration options that Amber provides for the shelves; that is the best way to familiarize yourself with them.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-27, 15:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks
Mattia
@tmbt , thanks for your kind words.  If you want to see movies without going into the library, then yes, you would need to configure shelve(s)/widget(s).  The shelves do not show you plot or cast, etc., they just show you the selected art (poster, fanart, landscape, etc.), and basic info such as title, year, duration and main rating.

Given that, how would you like to see your movies ordered in a shelf? Would you like to see 2 or 3 rows of movies in the shelf?  In the following screenshots, I show you how to configure a shelf for your MOVIES main menu item that shows you movies that you have added recently, up to 50 of them, ordered by date added, descending (newest first), and shows you two rows of movies.

1. Go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves:

3. On the right side, navigate to Shelf 1 and select(click) that, and once again in the following screen:

5.  Then, choose Movies:

9.  Then, select Sort By, to choose how you want the items ordered.  From the resulting dialog, choose "Date Added":

10.  And then, select Sort Order, to choose if you want the sorting ascending or descending.  From the resulting dialog, choose "Descending".

Now you can go back to the main menu, by pressing Back several times, or Escape several times.

Depending on haow you have Kodi configured, you can just select/click on any of the movies on the shelf to play it, and you can show information on the movie by pressing i (Info), which will provide you will the details of the movie, like this:

Please explore fully all of the configuration options that Amber provides for the shelves; that is the best way to familiarize yourself with them.

Regards,

Bart
Yes, perfect!
Thanks for the great answer. Just last question .. i see in your pictures you've imdb rating in the info page of the movie .. where i do enable that option ?

Thanks again
Mattia

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart, confirmed working (default it's indeed off, I've set it to on in the media options). Thx!
(2021-04-27, 20:19)tmbt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-27, 15:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks
Mattia

5.  Then, choose Movies:

Regards,

Bart
Yes, perfect!
Thanks for the great answer. Just last question .. i see in your pictures you've imdb rating in the info page of the movie .. where i do enable that option ?

Thanks again
Mattia
@tmbt , for the ratings, you can go to Settings, Video Info, Select Displayed Ratings and Certification, and you enable the ratings that you would like.  The setting is here:

It is important to note that Amber will show the ratings that are loaded into your db, it does not go online to look for them.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-04-27, 20:28)RyFeR Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart, confirmed working (default it's indeed off, I've set it to on in the media options). Thx!
@RyFeR , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.16 (Matrix) and 3.2.131 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The highlights are:

1.  Option to Show Submenu only When Focused.  In the Horizontal menu, with this option enabled, the submenu will only appear when focused (pressing down from the main menu).  You can find the new setting here:

2.  Options to Search by Plot for Movies/TV Shows/Episodes.  This has been added now to the search categories that you can choose.  You can enable these search categories here:

3.  Sideblade Search option in Media Views replaced with Amber Custom Search.  Now, when you select Search in the sideblade in media views, you will get Amber's custom search window.  This is a content-aware search like the default Kodi search, meaning that if you are in the Video library, the search results will not include music items, and if you are in the Music library, the search results will not include video items.

So, in the next screenshots, I selected Search from the sideblade and used "Flash" as the search item.  In the resulting custom search window, I am highlighting the Plot Containing results which are new in this version.

4.  Play button available in Video Info dialog for online/addon items.  I have enabled the Play button for online/addon items.  This only works if you have the addon TMDb Helper installed/enabled and you have enabled the use of TMDb Helper in the Amber settings.  TMDb Helper will either play the item with the addon it is from, or will present you with a Select Player dialog for you to choose with which addon to play the item.

In the following screenshots, I pressed info on an item in an "Upcoming Movies" shelf, from TMDb Helper, and I got a Select Player dialog.  I played the trailer of the movie with the addon IMDb Trailers.

5.  Netflix-style Fanart view for Artists and Albums.  I have implemented this style of Fanart view for Artists and Albums.  it looks like this:

6.  Option to Show Title in Footer for Netlfix-style Fanart view.  Showing the title in the footer for Netflix-style Fanart view is now optional.  The default is that the title is NOT shown in the footer.  If you want it to show up, enable the option, like in the following screenshot:

7.  Short Weather Shelves.  I have implemented "short" weather shelves that only show 5 items.  You can find them here:

8. Default Shelves for New Installs.  Amber now includes default shelves for new installations.  These are the shelves which will now be configured out of the box in Amber:

Movies:
  1. Recently Added (poster)
  2. In Progress (poster)
  3. Random (poster)
TV Shows:
  1. Recently Added Episodes (thumb)
  2. In Progress Episodes (thumb)
  3. Recently Played TV Shows (poster)
  4. Random TV Shows (poster)
Music: (Square artwork)
  1. Recently Added Albums
  2. Random Artists
  3. Most Played Albums
  4. Most Played songs
Music Videos: (Square artwork)
  1. Recently Added
  2. In Progress
  3. Random
PVR (the same applies to both TV and Radio, Square Artwork):
  1. Channel Groups
  2. Last Played Channels
  3. Active Recordings
Favourites: (Square artwork)
  1. Favourites (up to 25)
Weather: (Square artwork)
  1. Daily Weather
  2. Hourly Weather
Settings: (Square artwork)
  1. System

Again, these will be configured on a new installation of Amber.  If you would like your current installation to have all of these shelves configured, you can do so, but this will overwrite your current menu/submenu/shelves configuration.  To do so, follow these 2 steps:
  1. Delete the file "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" from the skin's 1080i folder
  2. Delete all files that have "skin.amber" in the name from the folder <userdata>\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\

Finally, there are a few miscellaneous fixes as well.  Thanks to all of the users who pointed out issues and tested while the versions were a work in progress.

Please test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hey Bart,
Is there a possebility to hide the search bar while playing a video in 2x fast forward, sometimes there is alot of action and when my wife has the remote she goes >>>>>.
Could change the wife, but is to expensive :-)

Thx
H.
(2021-04-28, 08:02)Input1963 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bart,
Is there a possebility to hide the search bar while playing a video in 2x fast forward, sometimes there is alot of action and when my wife has the remote she goes >>>>>.
Could change the wife, but is to expensive :-)

Thx
H.
@Input1963 , it is possible, yes.  I understand from your request that it is not important for you then to know where you are in the video when you are fast forwarding? Also, if the seek bar is not shown, would you still want to see a label that shows you the speed at which you are fast forwarding? (2X, 4X, etc.)? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart