Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-07-14, 00:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-14, 00:36)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-13, 23:40)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Centering for poster widgets will look something like this:
Why do they look so square? Just curious. Big Grin
@shedrock , it must be the screenshot, I have not changed the dimensions of the posters.  And, also, the centering of the widget items will be optional, chosen on a per menu item basis.

Regards,

Bart
For those who would like to keep the current posters size, will the new posters size be optional with an option to activate ?
(2021-07-14, 11:38)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-14, 00:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-14, 00:36)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Why do they look so square? Just curious. Big Grin
@shedrock , it must be the screenshot, I have not changed the dimensions of the posters.  And, also, the centering of the widget items will be optional, chosen on a per menu item basis.

Regards,

Bart
For those who would like to keep the current posters size, will the new posters size be optional with an option to activate ?
@Cyberdom, there is no change in the poster size, so I do not understand your question.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-07-14, 12:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-14, 11:38)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-14, 00:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , it must be the screenshot, I have not changed the dimensions of the posters.  And, also, the centering of the widget items will be optional, chosen on a per menu item basis.

Regards,

Bart
@Cyberdom, there is no change in the poster size, so I do not understand your question.

Regards,

Bart
OK, thanks for the clarification @bsoriano.

It is by reading your message below that I believed that this new function could reduce the posters size :
(2021-07-13, 23:40)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-13, 17:01)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-12, 17:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@bobrap , thanks for confirming.  As for centering, my thought at the moment is to reduce the size of landscape widgets (landscape, fanart, thumb, clearart) such that 5 items fit on the screen without scrolling.  For that use case, no centering is required.  Are you also looking for centering for poster widgets when there are very few items? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards, 

Bart

Changing the size would be perfect.  It's always nice to have the centered options (posters).  Whatever is easiest for you.  Thanks so much!
@bobrap , thanks for replying.  I will be changing the size, just for Clear Art widgets.  The other "landscape" type widgets will remain as is.  All widgets will be centered if they have very few items, including poster widgets.  The new size for Clear Art widgets will look like this with 5 items:

Centering for poster widgets will look something like this:

What do you think? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-07-14, 13:24)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]It is by reading your message below that I believed that this new function could reduce the posters size
@Cyberdom, only the Clear Art shelves are changing size, so that 5 items can fit without scrolling.  None of the other shelves are changing size.

And the centering of the shelf items will be an option that you can enable on a per menu item basis.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-07-13, 23:40)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-13, 17:01)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-12, 17:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@bobrap , thanks for confirming.  As for centering, my thought at the moment is to reduce the size of landscape widgets (landscape, fanart, thumb, clearart) such that 5 items fit on the screen without scrolling.  For that use case, no centering is required.  Are you also looking for centering for poster widgets when there are very few items? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards, 

Bart

Changing the size would be perfect.  It's always nice to have the centered options (posters).  Whatever is easiest for you.  Thanks so much!
@bobrap , thanks for replying.  I will be changing the size, just for Clear Art widgets.  The other "landscape" type widgets will remain as is.  All widgets will be centered if they have very few items, including poster widgets.  The new size for Clear Art widgets will look like this with 5 items:

Centering for poster widgets will look something like this:

What do you think? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano that looks perfect!  Thank you, brother!
(2021-07-14, 14:13)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-14, 13:24)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]It is by reading your message below that I believed that this new function could reduce the posters size
@Cyberdom, only the Clear Art shelves are changing size, so that 5 items can fit without scrolling.  None of the other shelves are changing size.

And the centering of the shelf items will be an option that you can enable on a per menu item basis.

Regards,

Bart
OK, that's what I understood after rereading your post.
@bobrap , I have completed the work on centering shelf items.  It took longer since I have many scenarios to account for.

You will now find a new option that you can enable when configuring a menu item:

As the name implies, when you turn this on, the shelf items will be centered for all of the menu item's shelves.  

Here is a fun example of three shelves together, all with different artwork types and centered:

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please note that the centering will only happen if the shelf does not have automatic scrolling enabled.  Please download, test, and let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

@shedrock , the changes are already on GitHub for Leia as well.  If you can, please test and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-07-19, 22:29)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@bobrap , I have completed the work on centering shelf items.  It took longer since I have many scenarios to account for.

You will now find a new option that you can enable when configuring a menu item:

As the name implies, when you turn this on, the shelf items will be centered for all of the menu item's shelves.  

Here is a fun example of three shelves together, all with different artwork types and centered:

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please note that the centering will only happen if the shelf does not have automatic scrolling enabled.  Please download, test, and let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

@shedrock , the changes are already on GitHub for Leia as well.  If you can, please test and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Looks great!  Just what I was looking for.  Thank you very much!!
(2021-07-20, 02:26)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Looks great!  Just what I was looking for.  Thank you very much!!

@bobrap , thanks for confirming. 

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.25 (Matrix) and 3.2.125 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main changes are:

1.  Automatic Trailer Play in Media Views.  This will work for local trailers and any trailer URL that is loaded into your db.  Please be advised that low-powered systems might not do too well with this option, and that I, from the skin side, cannot guarantee that your plugin-based trailer URL (YouTube or other) will play correctly or at all.  You will find the new setting here:

2.  Information Popup for Shelves.  There is a new option that you can enable on a per-shelf basis to show an information popup after a 3 second delay.  You will find the new setting in the shelf configuration dialog:

And the popup looks like this for movies:

And like this for TV Shows:

And like this for episodes:

The popup will also show for music videos, artists, albums and songs.  It will not show for movie sets or any other shelf item type.  The delay is hardcoded at 3 seconds, and I am not planning on changing this.

3.  Centering of Shelf Items.  There is a new option that you can enable on a per menu item basis to center the shelf items on screen.  This is useful when the shelf has few items which can all fit on the screen at the same time.  The option works for all types of shelves, and also works for double-row and triple-row shelves, as well as when you show two shelves together or three shelves together.  The centering will not be applied on any shelf that has automatic scrolling enabled.

You will find the new setting here:

And it can look like this:

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thank you once more for your continued support and use of Amber.

Regards,

Bart
Wow, sweet features. I LOVE the info popup option, very useful!! The centering of widgets is also a great addition, both work great, thank you!  On a side note, i have a question. Is there a way to make a shortcut to PVR Categories window as a submenu enrty?  Or even better, would there be a way to have the PVR category window automatically popup when you first open the guide or Channels window? Just curious. Thanks for making this better and better each update. Outstanding!
Thank you @bsoriano for these new features.

(2021-07-20, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]I have uploaded versions 3.4.25 (Matrix) and 3.2.125 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main changes are:
Small correction, for Leia, it is version 3.2.145 and not 3.2.125.

(2021-07-20, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]1.  Automatic Trailer Play in Media Views.  This will work for local trailers and any trailer URL that is loaded into your db.  Please be advised that low-powered systems might not do too well with this option, and that I, from the skin side, cannot guarantee that your plugin-based trailer URL (YouTube or other) will play correctly or at all.  You will find the new setting here:

Here is the French translation :
Auto play trailer (local trailer only) : Lecture automatique de la bande-annonce (bande-annonce locale seulement)

(2021-07-20, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]2.  Information Popup for Shelves.  There is a new option that you can enable on a per-shelf basis to show an information popup after a 3 second delay.  You will find the new setting in the shelf configuration dialog:

Show information popup (after 3 seconds) : Afficher la fenêtre popup d'informations (après 3 secondes)

(2021-07-20, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]3.  Centering of Shelf Items.  There is a new option that you can enable on a per menu item basis to center the shelf items on screen.  This is useful when the shelf has few items which can all fit on the screen at the same time.  The option works for all types of shelves, and also works for double-row and triple-row shelves, as well as when you show two shelves together or three shelves together.  The centering will not be applied on any shelf that has automatic scrolling enabled.

You will find the new setting here:

Center shelf items on screen : Centrer les éléments de l'étagère à l'écran
Finnish translation for Center shelf items on screen = Keskitä hyllykohteet näytöllä
(2021-07-22, 08:11)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, sweet features. I LOVE the info popup option, very useful!! The centering of widgets is also a great addition, both work great, thank you!  On a side note, i have a question. Is there a way to make a shortcut to PVR Categories window as a submenu enrty?  Or even better, would there be a way to have the PVR category window automatically popup when you first open the guide or Channels window? Just curious. Thanks for making this better and better each update. Outstanding!

@jdig4240 , thank you for your kind words.  As to your question, if you mean the TV Channel groups, then I have not found a way to add that as a submenu entry.  If it is not the tv channel groups, please send me a screenshot of the window that you mean so I can take a better look.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-07-22, 12:24)G0mez Wrote: [ -> ]Finnish translation for Center shelf items on screen = Keskitä hyllykohteet näytöllä

@G0mez , thanks for the translation, it should appear in the next Amber repo version.

Regards,

Bart