Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-05-04, 19:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom, thanks for your feedback. I will fix the translations.
It should also correct EPISODES EN COURS by ÉPISODES EN COURS.
Put a sharp accent on the first E of the word ÉPISODES.

(2019-05-04, 19:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please be more specific on what you mean by next episode to watch? Is it the next unwatched episode for series that you have in progress? Or is it the next episode that is airing today?

The first of those I could add to the shelf, but I would have to remove one of the current options. The second one is already there in the shelf unless you hide it via Amber settings.

Please let me know exactly what you are looking for. Thanks.
It's to display on the TV Shows shelf the next unwatched episode for series that you have in progress.
(2019-05-04, 21:17)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-04, 19:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom, thanks for your feedback. I will fix the translations.
It should also correct EPISODES EN COURS by ÉPISODES EN COURS.
Put a sharp accent on the first E of the word ÉPISODES.

(2019-05-04, 19:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please be more specific on what you mean by next episode to watch? Is it the next unwatched episode for series that you have in progress? Or is it the next episode that is airing today?

The first of those I could add to the shelf, but I would have to remove one of the current options. The second one is already there in the shelf unless you hide it via Amber settings.

Please let me know exactly what you are looking for. Thanks.
It's to display on the TV Shows shelf the next unwatched episode for series that you have in progress. 
@Cyberdom , could you please test Amber 3.1.15 (already on Git and Amber repo), and let me know if this is what you were looking for? There is now a "Next Episodes" shelf, with a corresponding setting in Amber Settings to hide it or not.  I think I translated the term correctly, please verify that as well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-05-04, 20:09)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]If you group movies into sets (e.g. all Lord of the Rings movies) and choose from the context menu of a set the menu item Manage...| Manage Movie Set you get a list of all your movies in your library:

The movies in the set use the colour "Selected" (I guess), which is a shade brighter than the movies not in the set, which (I guess) use the colour "White" (which is actually a light grey #cccccc).
While the colour difference is easily discernable in the above screenshot when viewed at the computer, I'm struggling a bit when seeing it on the TV.
Can the "Selected" colour be a bit brighter or more orange or something?

Thanks a lot!
@Humdinger , thanks for your feedback.  I can see the issue, I will make it a more distinguishable color tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-05-06, 02:09)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]>> Text colour of multiple selection list <<<
@Humdinger , thanks for your feedback.  I can see the issue, I will make it a more distinguishable color tomorrow.

Thanks!
BTW,while you're at it: The currently selected item in such a list currently always has a dark text colour (practically inverting the white-on-black to a black-on-amber). Therefore, once an item is highlighted by the amber bar, you cannot tell any more if that item is selected (== part of the movie set) or not. Maybe it's possible to change the text colour slightly for highlighted selected items to make that distinction.
I hope I explained what I mean well enough for you to parse... Smile
(2019-05-06, 07:06)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-06, 02:09)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]>> Text colour of multiple selection list <<<

Thanks!
BTW,while you're at it: The currently selected item in such a list currently always has a dark text colour (practically inverting the white-on-black to a black-on-amber). Therefore, once an item is highlighted by the amber bar, you cannot tell any more if that item is selected (== part of the movie set) or not. Maybe it's possible to change the text colour slightly for highlighted selected items to make that distinction.
I hope I explained what I mean well enough for you to parse... Smile 
@Humdinger , thanks, your explanation was perfect.  Could you please test version 3.1.16 (Git or Amber repo)? I think I fixed both issues.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

Since the skin is pretty stable at the moment, I want to focus my efforts on the re-write of the menu system.  This means that I will not be pushing any updates to Git or the Amber repo for a few weeks.  If you do find a bug (not a feature request), by all means report it in this thread and I will make my best effort to fix it as soon as I can.  Thank you all for your understanding.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-05-06, 18:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]>> Text colour of multiple selection list <<<
Could you please test version 3.1.16 (Git or Amber repo)? I think I fixed both issues.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Perfect, thanks very much! For the spectators, here's a screenshot with the changed colours:

Now, if the label of the window would state the currently edited movie set (e.g. "Movie set: 'Star Wars'") it'd be even 'perfecter'... Wink

I'm excited to see what you have up your sleeve with your menu overhaul! Thanks for keeping the master stable and do ing the experiments in a branch. Smile
(2019-05-06, 19:43)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-06, 18:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]>> Text colour of multiple selection list <<<
Could you please test version 3.1.16 (Git or Amber repo)? I think I fixed both issues.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Perfect, thanks very much! For the spectators, here's a screenshot with the changed colours:

Now, if the label of the window would state the currently edited movie set (e.g. "Movie set: 'Star Wars'") it'd be even 'perfecter'... Wink

I'm excited to see what you have up your sleeve with your menu overhaul! Thanks for keeping the master stable and do ing the experiments in a branch. Smile

@Humdinger, thanks for confirming!

As for the label of the dialog, this is controlled by Kodi and not the skin. Is there another skin where the label does show the set name? If so, please let me know so I can take a look at how this was done. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-05-06, 20:13)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As for the label of the dialog, this is controlled by Kodi and not the skin. Is there another skin where the label does show the set name?

I don't know, can't say I have tried too many skins as most seem too flashy (and taxing for my poor little raspie). It was just an idea I had when I saw the screenshot I uploaded.
(2019-05-06, 02:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom , could you please test Amber 3.1.15 (already on Git and Amber repo), and let me know if this is what you were looking for? There is now a "Next Episodes" shelf, with a corresponding setting in Amber Settings to hide it or not.  I think I translated the term correctly, please verify that as well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
@bsoriano, the French translations seem correct.
Thanks for the "Next Episodes" shelf.

(2019-05-06, 18:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

Since the skin is pretty stable at the moment, I want to focus my efforts on the re-write of the menu system.  This means that I will not be pushing any updates to Git or the Amber repo for a few weeks.  If you do find a bug (not a feature request), by all means report it in this thread and I will make my best effort to fix it as soon as I can.  Thank you all for your understanding.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for all your work @bsoriano.

(2019-05-06, 19:43)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]I'm excited to see what you have up your sleeve with your menu overhaul! Thanks for keeping the master stable and do ing the experiments in a branch. Smile 
Indeed, it would be nice not to touch the stable version and have an experimental version for those who want to test.
(2019-03-18, 11:14)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-18, 05:23)startreksuite Wrote: [ -> ]As you can see the list is pushed to one side. It's links from an add-on.Image

Thank you for the screenshot. The list view is OK, the middle part is where the plot goes for movies, episodes, etc., as well as description for addons. Perhaps your addon does not provide a description for each link?

Another possibility, could you use Big List instead of List? That way each link will cover the whole width of the screen. Please let me know if you are able to switch to Big List view (press left to get to the sideblade where you can change the view type). Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I have the same problem. In all previous versions of the Amber skin, in List view, when you selected your video content, you were then presented with a screen listing all available sources for the selected content. In all previous versions, the list view occupied nearly 90% of the width of the screen. This allowed users to obtain as much information as possible about each potential source ie. source, release group, screen resolution, a/v codec, file size, etc.

With this version of the Amber skin, List View pushes it all into a small section on the right, as shown in the OP's screenshot. This cuts off a lot of important information making source selection a guessing game nightmare. True, there are other view modes but they are just as cumbersome since they either cut off information or are tiled so large that they take up too much screen real estate to be useful.

I am thoroughly surprised that no one else has brought this up given the dramatic and inconvenient change from the previous version.

We all greatly appreciate the work you have put into the skin but if it would not be too much to ask, we need a view mode for content sources that allows us to see content source information in a wide, single line form that is not truncated... as it used to be in previous versions.

Thanks!
Please ignore my previous reply above. I found that this has since been corrected by the most recent version of Amber when updated/installed directly from the Amber repository...rather than the Kodi repo.

Thanks for the great work!!
@ThetaSigma - the kind of video addons that offer "available sources" tend to be the ones on our banned addon (wiki) list due to piracy policy (wiki) violations, so aren't stuff we support here anyway. Nor do our skinners work to resolve any issues they might generate with their particular skins.
(2019-05-08, 09:47)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@ThetaSigma - the kind of video addons that offer "available sources" tend to be the ones on our banned addon (wiki) list due to piracy policy (wiki) violations, so aren't stuff we support here anyway. Nor do our skinners work to resolve any issues they might generate with their particular skins.

There are a number of add-ons that I use that use an "available sources" format for their content, none of which are piracy related. However, this is the internet so erroneous assumptions are expected I suppose. It is really a moot point anyways as the issue I was actually referring to was corrected in the repo.
@DarrenHill , I will be submitting an update of Amber to the Kodi repo.  Unfortunately, that means I will have to remove the custom keymap and the python script that copies it, as neither can be included with skins in the Kodi repo.  Please save your custom keymap! It will no longer show up on Git or the Amber repo after today.

Regards,

Bart