Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-07-29, 15:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

@sualfred has added to his Embuary Helper script the ability to show ratings (imdb, tmdb, rt, etc.) outisde the info dialog, without going online to get any info.  This uses the ratings stored in your Kodi database, just like what Amber shows in the info dialog. 

I am thinking of adding this to Amber, and wanted your feedback of where else would you like to see the ratings.  Some of the places I was thinking were:

1. All media views (have to decide which to show and where, as the space is not the same in all views)
2. Video OSD

Of course, I would make this optional, for those who do not wish to see ratings in other places.  Also, they would look very similar to the info dialog, meaning that the icons would only be colored ones.

So please let me know if this is something you would like to see in Amber and where outside the info dialog you would like to see them.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I think this is a good idea, since that Kodi's default is not show info dialog, and much people may don't see ratings.
I have an ideia, don't know if you agree, for change this icon and kept Amber's visual identity. My ideia is to you create new icons for IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, etc. This icon will be like media flag icons. You put the IMDB icon in the place that have "HD" word and the note in "1080", for example. 
Just an idea (that sounds good in my mind).
Hi Bart

I just did my first update in a month or so and the shelf sorting issue that you corrected in previous versions seems to be back. here  is my original post describing the issue. wonder if you could possibly have a look at this again.

Thanks
(2019-07-29, 18:12)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 15:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

@sualfred has added to his Embuary Helper script the ability to show ratings (imdb, tmdb, rt, etc.) outisde the info dialog, without going online to get any info.  This uses the ratings stored in your Kodi database, just like what Amber shows in the info dialog. 

I am thinking of adding this to Amber, and wanted your feedback of where else would you like to see the ratings.  Some of the places I was thinking were:

1. All media views (have to decide which to show and where, as the space is not the same in all views)
2. Video OSD

Of course, I would make this optional, for those who do not wish to see ratings in other places.  Also, they would look very similar to the info dialog, meaning that the icons would only be colored ones.

So please let me know if this is something you would like to see in Amber and where outside the info dialog you would like to see them.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I think this is a good idea, since that Kodi's default is not show info dialog, and much people may don't see ratings.
I have an ideia, don't know if you agree, for change this icon and kept Amber's visual identity. My ideia is to you create new icons for IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, etc. This icon will be like media flag icons. You put the IMDB icon in the place that have "HD" word and the note in "1080", for example. 
Just an idea (that sounds good in my mind). 
@edjalmo , that is a great idea, thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have the graphic design skills to create those icons, plus, I don't have the original templates (Photoshop or other?) that were used to create the media flags.  Would you be willing to have a go at creating the icons? If somebody else creates them, I will use them in the skin.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-29, 18:14)markj24 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bart

I just did my first update in a month or so and the shelf sorting issue that you corrected in previous versions seems to be back. here  is my original post describing the issue. wonder if you could possibly have a look at this again.

Thanks
@markj24 , you are correct.  I re-introduced the issue when I added default widgets to the skin.  I will correct again in the next update.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-29, 18:28)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks
@markj24 , you are correct.  I re-introduced the issue when I added default widgets to the skin.  I will correct again in the next update.

Regards,

Bart 

Awesome! Thanks again.
(2019-07-29, 16:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 15:48)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-28, 21:29)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , both changes are in Git already.  I also fixed not going to the sideblade if you press right from the scrollbar in media views.  And I also added the option provided by the Embuary Helper script to only show the letters of the alphabet strip for which there are items in the list.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Thanks!
The background name is not showing after this update. It are only showing if I put it in top bar.
Is not better remove the other scrollbar when alphabet strip are enable?
Center alphabet strip between top bar and movie info bar, this way it will show better when not have movies with all letters.
And this works for scrolling without pressing enter?  
@edjalmo , I will check the issue you mention.

I will not remove the scrollbar when the alphabet strip is showing, I like having the reminder that it is there.  You are welcome to mod the skin if you like.

I am not sure I can center the strip, given that I do not know in advance what size it will be.  I will research some more how to do this. 

And no, as far as I can tell, that code does nothing to automatically scroll the list while you are scrolling the alphabet strip.  If you take a look at the date, that code is from 2 years ago.

Regards,

Bart 
@edjalmo , the issue of not showing the fanart title if it is not in the top bar is fixed on Git.  I did not find a way to center the strip independent of its size.  I left it as is.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-29, 18:29)markj24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 18:28)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

Regards,

Bart  

Awesome! Thanks again. 
@markj24 , the issue is fixed on Git.  Please download, test, and let me know how it goes.  Latest changes are not yet in the Amber repo or the Kodi repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-29, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , that is a great idea, thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have the graphic design skills to create those icons, plus, I don't have the original templates (Photoshop or other?) that were used to create the media flags.  Would you be willing to have a go at creating the icons? If somebody else creates them, I will use them in the skin.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Unfortunately too I don't have the ability to create those icons Sad
(2019-07-29, 18:39)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]the issue of not showing the fanart title if it is not in the top bar is fixed on Git.  I did not find a way to center the strip independent of its size.  I left it as is.

Thanks!
Maybe show all letters and just skipping, in navigation, those don't have files could be an workaround for this (if the service you're using provide this).
(2019-07-29, 20:59)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , that is a great idea, thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have the graphic design skills to create those icons, plus, I don't have the original templates (Photoshop or other?) that were used to create the media flags.  Would you be willing to have a go at creating the icons? If somebody else creates them, I will use them in the skin.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-07-29, 18:39)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]the issue of not showing the fanart title if it is not in the top bar is fixed on Git.  I did not find a way to center the strip independent of its size.  I left it as is.

Thanks!
Maybe show all letters and just skipping, in navigation, those don't have files could be an workaround for this (if the service you're using provide this). 
@edjalmo , I can show all letters (that's how I originally had it), but I don't know how to skip in navigation those that have no entries in the list.  

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-29, 21:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 20:59)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

Thanks!
@edjalmo , I can show all letters (that's how I originally had it), but I don't know how to skip in navigation those that have no entries in the list.  

Regards,

Bart 
I checked Arctic: Zephyr 2 and there it use this + scroll without press enter. He probably use a different plugin for that, but maybe give you some idea.
(2019-07-29, 21:39)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 20:59)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately too I don't have the ability to create those icons Sad

Thanks!

Regards,

Bart  
I checked Arctic: Zephyr 2 and there it use this + scroll without press enter. He probably use a different plugin for that, but maybe give you some idea. 
@edjalmo , Arctic:Zephyr 2 does not use any plugins for that.  The author is just using standard Kodi actions on lists (nextletter and previousletter, which I did not know about until today), to move the list as you press down or up on an invisible button. This is a very elegant way to do an alphabet strip, although on very large collections like mine it can seem slow, since you have to wait for the list to scroll with each up or down press.  I  will ask the author if he is OK with me adapting his code.  If he is, I will try it out and see how it looks and works in Amber.  

This will take me a little bit, so don't expect anything really soon.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,

Bart
is it possible to make autocompletion keyboard work with this skin this skin is awesome by the way i love it is super fast
(2019-07-30, 01:11)jrod10133 Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to make autocompletion keyboard work with this skin this skin is awesome by the way i love it is super fast

@jrod10133, I will see what I can do. Thanks for your kind words!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-29, 20:59)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately too I don't have the ability to create those icons Sad

Thanks!

Regards,

Bart 

@edjalmo, jurialmunkey has agreed to my adapting his code for Amber. I will work on this in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-30, 02:09)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-29, 21:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , I can show all letters (that's how I originally had it), but I don't know how to skip in navigation those that have no entries in the list.  

Regards,

Bart 

@edjalmo, jurialmunkey has agreed to my adapting his code for Amber. I will work on this in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Bart

That's really nice! Smile