Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-08-02, 20:33)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]God how I love when things goes wrong, updated from github after 2 months, Kodi didn't recognise as a skin, installed from repo, lost all my settings I finetuned for months.

@Merwenus, I am sorry you are having to go through that.  I have added a backup/restore function that I understand will help prevent situations like that.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-02, 20:52)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-02, 20:33)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]God how I love when things goes wrong, updated from github after 2 months, Kodi didn't recognise as a skin, installed from repo, lost all my settings I finetuned for months.

@Merwenus, I am sorry you are having to go through that.  I have added a backup/restore function that I understand will help prevent situations like that.

Regards,

Bart 
No worries, shit happens sometimes, the main problem that I had a backup for addon_data\script.skinshortcuts, but it doesn't really want to work. Does the new recovery setting save the skinshortcuts folder too?
(2019-08-02, 21:21)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-02, 20:52)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart  
No worries, shit happens sometimes, the main problem that I had a backup for addon_data\script.skinshortcuts, but it doesn't really want to work. Does the new recovery setting save the skinshortcuts folder too? 
Yes, it does.  It uses the script.skin.helper.skinbackup to do the backup/restore.

Regards,

Bart
Hello good people.

I've had to totally reset kodi as it was crashing after been open for 30 seconds. Anyway, I'm trying to set up Amber again as I had it, as foolishly didn't have a backup.

I've changed the background for each thing (TV, Movies, music etc) to my own, and on the home screen when your scroll through each one they display fine. But when I go into any of them it shows the default previous image for the relevant item you are in. Where do I set so that it always shows my newly selected background? It used to be fine so I've done it in the past, just not a clue as I've used Amber for years and it's just updated each time so never looked into this before! Help please!
(2019-08-02, 23:49)GeesRiK Wrote: [ -> ]Hello good people.

I've had to totally reset kodi as it was crashing after been open for 30 seconds. Anyway, I'm trying to set up Amber again as I had it, as foolishly didn't have a backup.

I've changed the background for each thing (TV, Movies, music etc) to my own, and on the home screen when your scroll through each one they display fine. But when I go into any of them it shows the default previous image for the relevant item you are in. Where do I set so that it always shows my newly selected background? It used to be fine so I've done it in the past, just not a clue as I've used Amber for years and it's just updated each time so never looked into this before! Help please!
@GeesRiK , thank you for bringing this use case to my attention.  This functionality is missing in the latest version of Amber for Leia/Matrix.  I need to think about how to re-add this, since the background customization is a lot different now than what it was before Amber 3.2.x/3.3.x.  Please bear with me while I figure out how to solve this.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-03, 00:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

@GeesRiK , thank you for bringing this use case to my attention.  This functionality is missing in the latest version of Amber for Leia/Matrix.  I need to think about how to re-add this, since the background customization is a lot different now than what it was before Amber 3.2.x/3.3.x.  Please bear with me while I figure out how to solve this.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart

Hey, thanks for the reply. No worries, least I'm not going mad and the option to do it isn't there.... Yet! 😉

PS thanks for all the work and effort you put into this skin. It is greatly appreciated
I was coming out of "retirement" for the upgrade, good to see that it has continued already ! nice work Smile
Hey, welcome back @Jester !

Good to hear from you again... Big Grin @bsoriano is doing a great job with the skin, it's in safe hands.
(2019-08-03, 14:32)Jester Wrote: [ -> ]I was coming out of "retirement" for the upgrade, good to see that it has continued already ! nice work Smile
Welcome back @Jester , thank you! I am glad to have contributed to the great work you already did! Please, if you wish, provide me with all of the feedback and changes you understand should be done.  In particular, I am not great at the design part of skinning, so I am sure there is a lot that can be improved.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-03, 15:24)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, welcome back @Jester !

Good to hear from you again... Big Grin @bsoriano is doing a great job with the skin, it's in safe hands.

Thanks a lot @DarrenHill ! Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-03, 09:31)GeesRiK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-03, 00:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart 

Hey, thanks for the reply. No worries, least I'm not going mad and the option to do it isn't there.... Yet! 😉

PS thanks for all the work and effort you put into this skin. It is greatly appreciated 
@GeesRiK , I just added back the functionality (thanks to @mardukL !), adapted to current skin background customization.  So, any customized background you chose for any menu item should now show in sub windows.  This includes the new options, like random movie fanart and random video fanart.  The only new option not included yet is video playlists.  The changes are already on Git, both branches.  You do not have to enable any setting to make this work.

Please download, test, and let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi, @bsoriano!
I noticed something in search.
If I open it and press ESC they show me a result with all my library. The expected is just to back to menu, right?

I did a little change in DialogKeyboard.xml. I don't changed anything of the functionality, they work as expected (less what I said on top) it's just with position (I centered on the screen) (what I know to do Rofl ). See if you like.
Here: https://pastebin.com/Zf7EkM4E

I wanted center the IP keyboard in screen, but don't know how to do this.
Another little issue (forget to put in previous commentary) is that the label "settings level" of add-on settings are overlapping the line. But this only if my language is set to portuguese brazil, in english this don't happend.
See:

(2019-08-04, 20:31)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, @bsoriano!
I noticed something in search.
If I open it and press ESC they show me a result with all my library. The expected is just to back to menu, right?

I did a little change in DialogKeyboard.xml. I don't changed anything of the functionality, they work as expected (less what I said on top) it's just with position (I centered on the screen) (what I know to do Rofl ). See if you like.
Here: https://pastebin.com/Zf7EkM4E

I wanted center the IP keyboard in screen, but don't know how to do this.
@edjalmo , thanks! I will take a look at the search issue.  As for the keyboard dialog, perhaps you included an incorrect pastebin? The only change I could see in your file would not center the dialog on the screen, but shifts all of the keyboard rows outside the dialog.  Please verify.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-04, 21:15)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Another little issue (forget to put in previous commentary) is that the label "settings level" of add-on settings are overlapping the line. But this only if my language is set to portuguese brazil, in english this don't happend.
See:

@edjalmo, thanks! I will fix that, it should not overlap independent of the language.

Regards,

Bart