Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks very much for making Amber fit for Leia. I've been using Amber for years on my Raspberry because it's so simple and snappy. After Amber broke in various places with Kodi 18, I used the skin "Box", which is also very nice, but I'm still attached to Amber... Smile

One thing not yet working is the List view in the Youtube add-on. Choosing "List" is showing the "Panel" view instead.
List view for Youtube is ideal IMO, because it shows: title, playtime and if the clip is watched/unwatched. It could only be more perfect if it included the "added date".

One more bug with the Youtube addon:
After finishing/stopping one clip, the bottom half of the screen is half-transparent, showing the thumbnail of the currently selected clip:

This is with today's master of your github (65f634726ec6520f11a6e588505bfc0981d8471a).

Thanks a lot!
(2019-03-22, 19:05)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks very much for making Amber fit for Leia. I've been using Amber for years on my Raspberry because it's so simple and snappy. After Amber broke in various places with Kodi 18, I used the skin "Box", which is also very nice, but I'm still attached to Amber... Smile

One thing not yet working is the List view in the Youtube add-on. Choosing "List" is showing the "Panel" view instead.
List view for Youtube is ideal IMO, because it shows: title, playtime and if the clip is watched/unwatched. It could only be more perfect if it included the "added date".

One more bug with the Youtube addon:
After finishing/stopping one clip, the bottom half of the screen is half-transparent, showing the thumbnail of the currently selected clip:

This is with today's master of your github (65f634726ec6520f11a6e588505bfc0981d8471a).

Thanks a lot!

Thank you for your feedback! I will look into the issues you mention with the YouTube addon, I actually had not tried it yet with Amber. More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: I cannot reproduce not having the List view available for YouTube.  I tested, and all viewtypes are available.  I will do some further testing on the second issue you mentioned.
(2019-03-22, 19:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I cannot reproduce not having the List view available for YouTube.  I tested, and all viewtypes are available.  I will do some further testing on the second issue you mentioned. 
Sorry, I was too imprecise. The List view works when starting the Youtube add-on, and also after choosing the "Search" menu. But the result of a new search or a previous search term shows the viewtype "Panel" when choosing "List".

Thanks!
So far all is working fine for me.

One small suggestion once the testing is done - can you swap one of the debug entries in the settings sub-menu (which I presume will go anyway) to point to the file manager? That's never been the quickest thing to access under Amber, and having a link in the sub-menu there would be nice.
(2019-03-23, 09:43)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-22, 19:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I cannot reproduce not having the List view available for YouTube.  I tested, and all viewtypes are available.  I will do some further testing on the second issue you mentioned. 
Sorry, I was too imprecise. The List view works when starting the Youtube add-on, and also after choosing the "Search" menu. But the result of a new search or a previous search term shows the viewtype "Panel" when choosing "List".

Thanks!

Thanks! I will look into that today.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-23, 11:46)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]So far all is working fine for me.

One small suggestion once the testing is done - can you swap one of the debug entries in the settings sub-menu (which I presume will go anyway) to point to the file manager? That's never been the quickest thing to access under Amber, and having a link in the sub-menu there would be nice.

Thank you for your feedback! You are correct, all debug entries will be going away. I will add the File Manager sub menu item today. I will let you know when I complete this.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-23, 11:46)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]So far all is working fine for me.

@DarrenHill, added on Git.  Please test and let me know if there are any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
This is working so smoothly that it would deserve its place in the repo already.
(2019-03-23, 19:39)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]This is working so smoothly that it would deserve its place in the repo already.
 @Raitsa , thank you! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Please download latest version from Git.  I increased the number of Custom Home items from 9 to 15.  I hope some of you find this useful!

Regards,

Bart
Just want to say your work on this skin is very much appreciated. It seems that daily more and more things are tweaked, fixed and improved. It's so great having this skin on Kodi 18. 

Here's hoping it finds a spot in the official repo soon so more folks can find, use and enjoy it
(2019-03-23, 21:25)Billy Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to say your work on this skin is very much appreciated. It seems that daily more and more things are tweaked, fixed and improved. It's so great having this skin on Kodi 18. 

Here's hoping it finds a spot in the official repo soon so more folks can find, use and enjoy it

Thank you @Billy !

Regards,

Bart
Skin updated on GitHub.  

Changelog: 

1. Added Manage Dependencies button in Skin Settings. This allows you to see which addons you have installed of those required by the skin and those that are optional, but useful.  If you have the addon, the version is shown, and if you click on its name, you are taken to the addon settings.  If you do not have it and you click on its name, the skin prompts you to install it.  Thank you @jurialmunkey , I modeled this after the functionality in your skins.

2. Increased the shelf size (maximum number of items shown) from 10 to 20.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-20, 00:19)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Looking really neat this skin , I had forgotten all about amber until i saw your thread, great.
Just a purely personalf personal observation, I use the vertical menu fixed , with the menu items being so far from the left hand side of the screen , it just seem so much space is wasted in that gap ? I wonder if maybe inserting "list item icons" would make it look better ?
Never the less , thanks for resurrecting this skin , good job.
@ontap , I checked the vertical menu, and the reason there is so much space if so that there is enough space for the names of the submenu items (when you press left).  The submenu items occupy about the same width as the panel with the main menu options.  I guess you could have a narrower panel for the main menu, and a wider one for the submenu, but the design part is where I am really weak in skinning, so I don't think I will attempt that for now. 

I think inserting icons before the option names would make it look better, for options with short names.  Again, this is not something I will attempt for now.

Sorry I could not give you a positive answer.

Regards,

Bart
After I seen that you have corrected allot issues I decided to try it on both my TV Boxes. The list function behinded differently on each. On my Goo box, the list took up the whole space. On my shield box it hadn't change that could notice. It was still pushed to the right. The one thing that could be different between the boxes might be the screen resolution. Just a guess?

Yes please fix the list function in Youtube.

Thanks for your work