Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi @bsoriano!
Some issues I found:
The issue with search came back. If we click in search and then "ESC", without type anything, they show an result with my all library;
If I type in search a genre in Portuguese they not show the result in genre. But I imagine this is not an issue of skin but a Kodi issue (the same happens with add-ons with images of genres, they show nothing if my genre are in Portuguese);
I cannot click "I" in sets anymore to show video info;
In filters of library has an issue in Portuguese language. If I'm in english they show the label "in progress" with options "all", "yes" and "not". In Portuguese they show (translated to english) "all add-ons" instead "all". I did not find this in translation file to correct.
(2019-09-05, 16:22)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano!
Some issues I found:
The issue with search came back. If we click in search and then "ESC", without type anything, they show an result with my all library;
If I type in search a genre in Portuguese they not show the result in genre. But I imagine this is not an issue of skin but a Kodi issue (the same happens with add-ons with images of genres, they show nothing if my genre are in Portuguese);
In filters of library has an issue in Portuguese language. If I'm in english they show the label "in progress" with options "all", "yes" and "not". In Portuguese they show (translated to english) "all add-ons" instead "all". I did not find this in translation file to correct.
@edjalmo , thanks for letting me know.  I will check the search and sets issues.  The other two issues seem to me to be Kodi issues and not skin issues.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Both the search issue and sets info issue are solved in GitHub.  Please verify and let me know.  Thanks.
Hello there, I'm totally new to using Kodi, I figured Amber skin is best for my needs, To be honest I'm sort of lost getting through with the customization, I have a good idea of what I want to achive but I'm at lost in the settings menu. Is there a user guide or an updated walk through on this skin? I'd love to make the best of it.

Thanks 
Best Regards
(2019-09-05, 17:11)Bassam909 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there, I'm totally new to using Kodi, I figured Amber skin is best for my needs, To be honest I'm sort of lost getting through with the customization, I have a good idea of what I want to achive but I'm at lost in the settings menu. Is there a user guide or an updated walk through on this skin? I'd love to make the best of it.

Thanks 
Best Regards
@Bassam909, unfortunately, there is no user guide or updated walk through at this time.  I will put this in my To-Do list for the skin, as I can understand the need for it.

In the mean time, please post any question you have here, and I will do my best to answer them, including screenshots that could help you.  Also, if you can post here a description of what you want to achieve, I will do my best to explain how (if) it can be done with Amber.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-05, 17:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 17:11)Bassam909 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there, I'm totally new to using Kodi, I figured Amber skin is best for my needs, To be honest I'm sort of lost getting through with the customization, I have a good idea of what I want to achive but I'm at lost in the settings menu. Is there a user guide or an updated walk through on this skin? I'd love to make the best of it.

Thanks 
Best Regards
@Bassam909, unfortunately, there is no user guide or updated walk through at this time.  I will put this in my To-Do list for the skin, as I can understand the need for it.

In the mean time, please post any question you have here, and I will do my best to answer them, including screenshots that could help you.  Also, if you can post here a description of what you want to achieve, I will do my best to explain how (if) it can be done with Amber.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Thanks for helping, I'm afraid what I'm trying to do is a little extensive to post here but basicly I look to create home menu sections like the normal ones "TV Shows, MOvies, Etc) but custom ones for Educational programs and Tutorial libraries I have. I would love to be able to create learning experince similer to how I watch TV shows and movies. I See under "setteings- Amber setteings - home Layout - customize home menu and shelves" a way to do that but I'm still not getteing my way into it yet. 

I will keep on it and if I have spsific question I will post here, its very comforting to know i can get help. 

Thank you
(2019-09-05, 16:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 16:22)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano!
Some issues I found:
@edjalmo , thanks for letting me know.  I will check the search and sets issues.  The other two issues seem to me to be Kodi issues and not skin issues.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Both the search issue and sets info issue are solved in GitHub.  Please verify and let me know.  Thanks.  
Fixed!
I made a mistake saying Kodi doesn't understand the genres in Portuguese. All my genres was in English, thats why Kodi was not understanding it. I put it in Portuguese and now works. Who not understand Portuguese language is this add-ons with genres images.

Here the latest translation for Brazilian portuguese: https://github.com/edjalmobf/Traducao_PT...uage.pt_br
I have noticed that transifex can update this automatically. I have acess to Brazilian Portuguese Kodi translation in transifex, so, probabily, I'll make new updates by there (I don't know the frequency of it send to your repo)!
I also corrected the "all add-ons" error in library filter there.

Thanks!
@Bassam909 - look at video nodes (wiki) on the wiki, and maybe experiment with creating some of those and adding them to the menu.

The standard entries in the menu (movies, tv shows etc) are examples of such nodes, and you can create your own. There's even an addon or two to help make them (links on the wiki page to examples of those).

Thanks 
Best Regards

Regards,

Bart 
if I have a folder contains courses, is it possible to make list with each course into an album or playlist and have cover artwork for that each one? 

is it possible to customize Kodi Amber Skin like you would with do in iTunes, meaning create menus and custom albums for video content that is not movies or tv shows just mp4 with meta data.

In the customize home menu and shelves, “Change Action” what this is?

Thanks
Warm Regards
(2019-09-05, 20:01)Bassam909 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks 
Best Regards

Regards,

Bart  
if I have a folder contains courses, is it possible to make list with each course into an album or playlist and have cover artwork for that each one? 

is it possible to customize Kodi Amber Skin like you would with do in iTunes, meaning create menus and custom albums for video content that is not movies or tv shows just mp4 with meta data.

Thanks
Warm Regards 
@Bassam909 , you can create a smart playlist based on a folder, as explained here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists, or you could create a video node, as @DarrenHill mentioned in the previous post.  You can then in Amber assign the playlist as the item for a menu item. 

If you want cover artwork as well as other meta data, you can create a NFO file (https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files) for each one of your videos, that includes information about what is, for example, the poster or fanart for each video, as well as the plot, etc.

I would then suggest to create a video source (https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources), and using the "local information only" option where it asks "Choose information provider", so that Kodi knows that it will look for an NFO file next to the video for information on it, instead of going online to look for it.

Even if your mp4 files contain metadata, if they are not movies, tv shows or music videos which show up in Themoviedb.org, imdb.com, thetvdb.com or theaudiodb.com, Kodi will not load that metadata.  That is why I am suggesting to you to create NFO files.  You would need to create one for each file you have.  This can be tedious, but in a lot of cases is the only way to get Kodi to show the data you want about your videos.

You can use music video as the type of content for your video source, so that your videos do not show up in your movies or tv shows lists.

Change Action allows you to choose something else as the item for a menu item.  In your case, after you have created your video smart playlist(s), when you add a menu item, and press "Choose Item for Menu", you will find your playlist under "Video Library", and then "Playlist", and there you should see your playlist.  When asked, select if you want to Display the playlist or Play it.

I hope this information is useful.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-27, 17:47)stunty999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-26, 18:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-25, 10:44)stunty999 Wrote: [ -> ]Thx Bart, i've seen that it was really different when i tried to edit the settings.xml Smile then i found out you add an option yo edit the line directly from kodi settings Wink

i use this version of chromelauncher: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2809977 it seems t be a v2.0, works fine.

I've created a launcher for prime video in chrome laucher (kiok=yes / stop playback=yes), then add it as favorite

then i go to settings/ skin settings/ customize home menu and shelves and create a new one.
choose item > the favorite i have created

at this step it works but when i close the browser, i come back into the chromelauncher addon, not at the main kodi menu

so i tried to modify the action in: Change action/ custom item

and i replace the default action: ActivateWindows(10001, "plugin://.............
with : PlayMedia("plugin://................

But then I acts like i described on my previous post

Edit: i'm using Amber 3.2.9
@stunty999 , I was able to almost replicate your issue.  The behavior I get in Windows is that the website is launched in multiple tabs in Chrome, and I get a playback error, which was to be expected.  Kodi does not relaunch at all and I am back in the main menu.  Unfortunately, I think this is due to the plugin itself, so the plugin developer would have to take a look and fix.

I suppose you are aware that, if you are on Kodi Leia or above, there is another option that works very well for Amazon Prime video: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331136

I apologize I could not be of more help.

Regards,

Bart   
Thank you for taking the time to look at that issue.
It ends up with crash for me too. Nevermind that's not big deal, i'm gonna give the prime addon and try to found another way to launch websites.

Thanks again.

paul.  

Well, finally I found what was making it crash! Tried with the 1.1.5 version of the addon, done exactly the same changes and that's working well, no more chrome opening loop, no more crash, and i stay on the main menu instead of getting in the chrome launcher addon.

So, just avoid this 2.0.0 version, the 1.1.5 is working well
My bet Smile
(2019-09-06, 14:44)stunty999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-27, 17:47)stunty999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-26, 18:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@stunty999 , I was able to almost replicate your issue.  The behavior I get in Windows is that the website is launched in multiple tabs in Chrome, and I get a playback error, which was to be expected.  Kodi does not relaunch at all and I am back in the main menu.  Unfortunately, I think this is due to the plugin itself, so the plugin developer would have to take a look and fix.

I suppose you are aware that, if you are on Kodi Leia or above, there is another option that works very well for Amazon Prime video: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331136

I apologize I could not be of more help.

Regards,

Bart   
Thank you for taking the time to look at that issue.
It ends up with crash for me too. Nevermind that's not big deal, i'm gonna give the prime addon and try to found another way to launch websites.

Thanks again.

paul.   

Well, finally I found what was making it crash! Tried with the 1.1.5 version of the addon, done exactly the same changes and that's working well, no more chrome opening loop, no more crash, and i stay on the main menu instead of getting in the chrome launcher addon.

So, just avoid this 2.0.0 version, the 1.1.5 is working well
My bet Smile 
@stunty999 , great that you were able to solve it! Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
I haven't been paying attention much to the skin recently, but it has certainly come a long way and is still one of my favorites. Anyway, a few things I have noticed and would like to know if it can be addressed at some point.

1. Would it be possible to turn on/off in "Biglist" view the redundant cover artwork to the left of the episode numbers. If a show does not have what I am assuming is the season-poster, then it is not displayed. If just looks weird seeing the same season poster repeat itself.

2. Maybe add an alternate "Biglist" view to the left option as well, similar to Aeon Nox and others. In other words, have the episodes to the left with a bigger highlight bar, and episode thumb to the right.

3. If I use your version of SHS then the "Episodes Airing Today" is not displayed correctly for all my other skins. If I use the version from Marcel's repo, then I get all of the episodes airing today. Is there some way to make this work for all skins? or maybe add a switch to use one or the other? <- This may be impossible I imagine.

4. I have noticed that if a TV Show season poster is missing in this skin, it does not just default back to using "poster.jpg" as with Aeon MQ7 Mods and others. Would this be possible for you to add later on?

5. Go to 1st un-watched episode for TV Shows option.

Keep up the great work!

Shedrock
(2019-09-05, 20:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 20:01)Bassam909 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-05, 17:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Bassam909, unfortunately, there is no user guide or updated walk through at this time.  I will put this in my To-Do list for the skin, as I can understand the need for it.

Regards,

Bart  

Thanks
Warm Regards  
@Bassam909 , you can create a smart playlist based on a folder, as explained here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists, or you could create a video node, as @DarrenHill mentioned in the previous post.  You can then in Amber assign the playlist as the item for a menu item. 

If you want cover artwork as well as other meta data, you can create a NFO file (https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files) for each one of your videos, that includes information about what is, for example, the poster or fanart for each video, as well as the plot, etc.

I would then suggest to create a video source (https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources), and using the "local information only" option where it asks "Choose information provider", so that Kodi knows that it will look for an NFO file next to the video for information on it, instead of going online to look for it.

Even if your mp4 files contain metadata, if they are not movies, tv shows or music videos which show up in Themoviedb.org, imdb.com, thetvdb.com or theaudiodb.com, Kodi will not load that metadata.  That is why I am suggesting to you to create NFO files.  You would need to create one for each file you have.  This can be tedious, but in a lot of cases is the only way to get Kodi to show the data you want about your videos.

You can use music video as the type of content for your video source, so that your videos do not show up in your movies or tv shows lists.

Change Action allows you to choose something else as the item for a menu item.  In your case, after you have created your video smart playlist(s), when you add a menu item, and press "Choose Item for Menu", you will find your playlist under "Video Library", and then "Playlist", and there you should see your playlist.  When asked, select if you want to Display the playlist or Play it.

I hope this information is useful.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks, that was very helpful but the situation is still confusing, I'm not lazy, I keep on trial and error until I find my way but something is not right and I dunno what exactly, I tried smart playlists and node editor for some reason i don't understand how to make the setup correctly, in each one I set the list to "Folder Path" the folder contain mp4 videos with m3u playlist file included but kodi don' see content. I no longer care about artwork and aesthetics I just want menus each contains folders I can play in follow up and not have to click for each video to play. I find a way to "Source" folder to the menu setup but this way I had to play each video it doesn't play the content following on.

I will keep trying if it didn't work I will post screenshots for help. 

Thanks
Regards.
(2019-09-06, 17:15)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't been paying attention much to the skin recently, but it has certainly come a long way and is still one of my favorites. Anyway, a few things I have noticed and would like to know if it can be addressed at some point.

1. Would it be possible to turn on/off in "Biglist" view the redundant cover artwork to the left of the episode numbers. If a show does not have what I am assuming is the season-poster, then it is not displayed. If just looks weird seeing the same season poster repeat itself.

2. Maybe add an alternate "Biglist" view to the left option as well, similar to Aeon Nox and others. In other words, have the episodes to the left with a bigger highlight bar, and episode thumb to the right.

3. If I use your version of SHS then the "Episodes Airing Today" is not displayed correctly for all my other skins. If I use the version from Marcel's repo, then I get all of the episodes airing today. Is there some way to make this work for all skins? or maybe add a switch to use one or the other? <- This may be impossible I imagine.

4. I have noticed that if a TV Show season poster is missing in this skin, it does not just default back to using "poster.jpg" as with Aeon MQ7 Mods and others. Would this be possible for you to add later on?

5. Go to 1st un-watched episode for TV Shows option.

Keep up the great work!

Shedrock
@shedrock welcome back!

Thanks for your feedback.  As to the issues/requests you mention:

1. It is possible, but having it there is a design choice of mine.  If I understand you correctly, no image is displayed for episodes if the season poster is not available? It should display the tv poster.  Please confirm.
2. I will keep this in mind, but it is not something I will be taking on right now.
3. There is no way I know to toggle between both.  What I will do is see if my very small modification works with the version of skin helper widgets present in marcelveldts beta repo.  I will let you know how it goes.
4. Everywhere in the skin, it should fallback to the tv show poster.  Can you please let me know where you have seen that it does not? That way I know where to look for bugs.
5. This is a Kodi setting, check under Settings, Media, Video.  There is a setting to select the first unwatched season/episode either never, on first entry or always.  Or are you referring to something else? Please confirm.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-06, 17:54)Bassam909 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, that was very helpful but the situation is still confusing, I'm not lazy, I keep on trial and error until I find my way but something is not right and I dunno what exactly, I tried smart playlists and node editor for some reason i don't understand how to make the setup correctly, in each one I set the list to "Folder Path" the folder contain mp4 videos with m3u playlist file included but kodi don' see content. I no longer care about artwork and aesthetics I just want menus each contains folders I can play in follow up and not have to click for each video to play. I find a way to "Source" folder to the menu setup but this way I had to play each video it doesn't play the content following on.

I will keep trying if it didn't work I will post screenshots for help. 

Thanks
Regards.

You could try marking the folder(s) you want as favourites (in the file view, right click on the folder to open its context menu and from there you should find an add to favourites option), and then add that favourite to the menu. That's the older way of doing things before we had the skin helper stuff, but it should still work.

I've historically done this in the past with strm files (usually internet radio links) and that worked, so it may fit what you need.