Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-09-21, 00:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 23:06)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]There are 2 features I would love to see implemented in this skin one day. (wish-list)

1 - As soon as you bring up the context menu, you have the option to select artwork using AB, instead of going into "Manage...".

2 - Bigger artwork images from the drop-down selection box. For example selecting a Poster is very hard to see, especially if there is text on it and you don't want it. It looks great on a computer screen, but when you're 10-15 feet away, it really is very difficult to see. Maybe when you hover over each one a bigger version pops up?

Anyway, I know they are not a priority, but it would be great to see them implemented at some point.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock,

Thanks for your feature requests!

1.  I don't think I can do much about the first one, the developer of AB would have to implement a context menu item for the addon.  As far as I know, the skinner does not have any control as to what appears in the context menu.

2.  I take it you mean when you press "Choose Art" in the video info dialog? if so, I will keep this in mind, as the select dialog used for that is used for many things throughout the skin, and I will need to redesign it.

Regards,

Bart 
Actually the 1st one I believe is done by the skinner. It is present in the Aeon MQ7 (Latt's Mod) skin, as well as some others if I am not mistaken. As for request #2. I meant from the context menu, but choose art would be part of that as well I guess. I never use that option because it has no "Auto download" feature, and I don't think when you select artwork manually from there if it's actually adding it to the physical folder, at least it never has for me, and that's why I prefer the "C"ontext menu option which I activate from my mini keyboard.

Shedrock
(2019-09-21, 00:23)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-21, 00:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 23:06)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]There are 2 features I would love to see implemented in this skin one day. (wish-list)

1 - As soon as you bring up the context menu, you have the option to select artwork using AB, instead of going into "Manage...".

2 - Bigger artwork images from the drop-down selection box. For example selecting a Poster is very hard to see, especially if there is text on it and you don't want it. It looks great on a computer screen, but when you're 10-15 feet away, it really is very difficult to see. Maybe when you hover over each one a bigger version pops up?

Anyway, I know they are not a priority, but it would be great to see them implemented at some point.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock,

1.  I don't think I can do much about the first one, the developer of AB would have to implement a context menu item for the addon.  As far as I know, the skinner does not have any control as to what appears in the context menu.

2.  I take it you mean when you press "Choose Art" in the video info dialog? if so, I will keep this in mind, as the select dialog used for that is used for many things throughout the skin, and I will need to redesign it.

Regards,

Bart  
Actually the 1st one I believe is done by the skinner. It is present in the Aeon MQ7 (Latt's Mod) skin, as well as some others if I am not mistaken. As for request #2. I meant from the context menu, but choose art would be part of that as well I guess. I never use that option because it has no "Auto download" feature, and I don't think when you select artwork manually from there if it's actually adding it to the physical folder, at least it never has for me, and that's why I prefer the "C"ontext menu option which I activate from my mini keyboard.

Shedrock 
@shedrock, thanks for the additional info, I will see how other skins have added AB to the context menu.  I will also look at the artwork request further.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-20, 16:30)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 15:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I also changed yesterday the way extrafanart is handled in the skin.  It will be shown, both while browsing the video library and music library, given that your extrafanart is stored locally and named fanartxx, with xx being from 1 (not 01) to whatever number you have.  The skin makes use of Leia functionality as explained here: Movie_artwork(wiki)

Nice!
But I don't know if I get this right.
Can you show a screenshot of how this looks (for movies, tv show and music)?
Also, maybe this already exist, would be nice if when we click in show fanart, in video info page, we can pass of the available fanarts, what you think? 
@edjalmo, I actually implemented your second request already, please download the latest from Git and let me know what you think.  Extrafanart needs to be enabled in Amber settings, and the notes I mentioned before in my previous post in terms of fanarts apply as well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-21, 00:44)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-21, 00:23)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-21, 00:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock,

Regards,

Bart  

Shedrock  
@shedrock, thanks for the additional info, I will see how other skins have added AB to the context menu.  I will also look at the artwork request further.

Regards,

Bart 
Thank you so very much Bart. It is greatly appreciated.

Shedrock
@bsoriano - This is the code used in DialogContextMenu.xml.

Code:
            <!-- ArtWork Downloader Solo Mode-->
            <control type="button" id="9325">    
                <include>DialogContext_Button</include>
                <label>$VAR[value_addon1_solo]</label>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=musicvideos, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                <onclick>SetFocus(51)</onclick>
                <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artwork.beef) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(musicvideos)]</visible>
            </control>
            <!-- ArtWork Downloader Gui Mode-->
            <control type="button" id="9326">    
                <label>$VAR[value_addon1_gui]</label>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=musicvideo, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                <visible>System.HasAddon(script.artwork.beef) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(musicvideos)]</visible>
            </control>

Hope this helps.

Shedrock
(2019-09-20, 21:57)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 20:59)Draega Wrote: [ -> ] 
@Draega , this should be fixed now.  Please download the latest from Git, test, and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Working great now. Thanks Bart!
(2019-09-20, 22:03)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 20:47)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 18:58)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , this should be fixed now.  You will get genre and studio results for episodes.  You will also get local results for director and writer for episodes.  

The online genre and studio results provided are for tv shows and not episodes, as this is what the plugin is returning.

Please download the latest from Git, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.
Are working now!

(2019-09-20, 19:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , visually, the fanart changes while you are browsing your library.  When any movie or tv show or artist is selected, the fanart background changes if you have more than one fanart.  I am not sure what kind of screenshot you are looking for.

As for the second request, I will keep this in mind.  At this time I am not implementing extra fanart in video info.

Right! So, is like a slideshow from background. It's because I saw discard and others type of art in code of advanced settings and be curious when where this will show.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, I noticed that when a tv show don't have cast they show a cast space, without nothing, and this are creating a little bug because this way the first thing that are select are the seasons, and I can't saw what season are selected. I think this is a thing you will understand better seeing (check Black Mirror).

Another thing is for TMDb persons video info page. Please, increase just a little the plot size, because the way it are are cutting the letters "y", "p", "j", "q" (these type of lowercase letters that stay under the line) if the plot is large, in the last line.

Now when I click in one person to see TMDb online info about I have to select it in a list of persons. You implement this because was having errors in results (wrong peoples)? In my tests (I admit that were not many) always the first person is the right person.

And the last, please fix the playlist of watched episodes.

Thanks!    
@edjalmo , I think I fixed the cast issue, please test the latest from Git.  I had not noticed, because out of 629 tv shows, I only have 1 that has no cast.  

I am not seeing the issue with the plot size in the person info page.  Could you please send me a screenshot? Thanks.

@jurialmunkey implemented choosing from a list of people, since there are many actors,directors, writers, etc. with the same name in TMDb.  He also implemented separating the directors and writers when doing online searches.

I am sorry I had forgotten about the recently added episodes playlist.  I fixed this now.

Regards,

Bart   

I personally don't like this way of you show when has no cast. Of course is better than previous, and fixed the bug. You can't just skip cast when they have 0 persons? This way, in this cases the first thing will be the seasons.
Also, I noticed that only seasons have a frame for text with a smaller size. I think will show better if you put the same frame size as the others for seasons text too (and center the text on the y axis).
Another thing about this is that when we navegate into "other movies directed by", "similar", "more from 2019", etc, and stop in one of this when we go to other movie/tv show they will start in the section that we stoped before, and not in cast.

Check out TMDb plot for Steve Buscemi:

Thanks!
(2019-09-21, 00:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 16:30)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 15:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I also changed yesterday the way extrafanart is handled in the skin.  It will be shown, both while browsing the video library and music library, given that your extrafanart is stored locally and named fanartxx, with xx being from 1 (not 01) to whatever number you have.  The skin makes use of Leia functionality as explained here: Movie_artwork(wiki)

Nice!
Also, maybe this already exist, would be nice if when we click in show fanart, in video info page, we can pass of the available fanarts, what you think?  
@edjalmo, I actually implemented your second request already, please download the latest from Git and let me know what you think.  Extrafanart needs to be enabled in Amber settings, and the notes I mentioned before in my previous post in terms of fanarts apply as well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Thanks!
What I was imagine is we pass, manually, the image, with arrow keys in show fanart, what you think about this? And in views will continue the way it is (automatically slideshow).
Also, to test this I install Artwork Beef and noticed that 2 new buttons show in video info page. Now (with Artwork Beef) we have 3 buttons in video info page about artwork. I prefer the simplest things, so if it were I would try to condense the three buttons into one.
(2019-09-21, 13:52)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 20:47)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Are working now!

Right! So, is like a slideshow from background. It's because I saw discard and others type of art in code of advanced settings and be curious when where this will show.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, I noticed that when a tv show don't have cast they show a cast space, without nothing, and this are creating a little bug because this way the first thing that are select are the seasons, and I can't saw what season are selected. I think this is a thing you will understand better seeing (check Black Mirror).

Another thing is for TMDb persons video info page. Please, increase just a little the plot size, because the way it are are cutting the letters "y", "p", "j", "q" (these type of lowercase letters that stay under the line) if the plot is large, in the last line.

Now when I click in one person to see TMDb online info about I have to select it in a list of persons. You implement this because was having errors in results (wrong peoples)? In my tests (I admit that were not many) always the first person is the right person.

Thanks!    
@edjalmo , I think I fixed the cast issue, please test the latest from Git.  I had not noticed, because out of 629 tv shows, I only have 1 that has no cast.  

I am not seeing the issue with the plot size in the person info page.  Could you please send me a screenshot? Thanks.

@jurialmunkey implemented choosing from a list of people, since there are many actors,directors, writers, etc. with the same name in TMDb.  He also implemented separating the directors and writers when doing online searches.

I am sorry I had forgotten about the recently added episodes playlist.  I fixed this now.

Regards,

Bart    

I personally don't like this way of you show when has no cast. Of course is better than previous, and fixed the bug. You can't just skip cast when they have 0 persons? This way, in this cases the first thing will be the seasons.
Also, I noticed that only seasons have a frame for text with a smaller size. I think will show better if you put the same frame size as the others for seasons text too (and center the text on the y axis).
Another thing about this is that when we navegate into "other movies directed by", "similar", "more from 2019", etc, and stop in one of this when we go to other movie/tv show they will start in the section that we stoped before, and not in cast.

Thanks! 
@edjalmo, are you sure you have the latest from Git? In my tests with a show with no cast, the first thing shown is Seasons.

I will look at the text below seasons and make it consistent with the others.  You are correct in that when you move to a different movie/tv show the info lists start in the same one as the previous.  I have to figure out how to start at the cast again, at the first item.

Thank you for the screenshot, there are certainly a few pixels that need to be moved.  I will correct that.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-21, 14:14)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-21, 00:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 16:30)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!

Regards,

Bart  

Thanks!
What I was imagine is we pass, manually, the image, with arrow keys in show fanart, what you think about this? And in views will continue the way it is (automatically slideshow).
Also, to test this I install Artwork Beef and noticed that 2 new buttons show in video info page. Now (with Artwork Beef) we have 3 buttons in video info page about artwork. I prefer the simplest things, so if it were I would try to condense the three buttons into one. 
@edjalmo , while I will leave it as is for now, I will keep in mind your suggestion.  

I understand about the artwork buttons, I will also keep this in mind.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-21, 01:09)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - This is the code used in DialogContextMenu.xml.

Code:
            <!-- ArtWork Downloader Solo Mode-->
            <control type="button" id="9325">    
                <label>$VAR[value_addon1_solo]</label>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mediatype=musicvideos, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
            </control>
            <!-- ArtWork Downloader Gui Mode-->
            <control type="button" id="9326">    
                <label>$VAR[value_addon1_gui]</label>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="Container.Content(musicvideos)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=musicvideo, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
            </control>

Hope this helps.

Shedrock
@shedrock , thank you! That helped and I learned something new.  I added the two AB buttons to the context menu.  You have to enable this in a new skin setting (Settings, Amber Settings, General: Show Artwork Beef Items in Context Menu).  Please download the latest from Git, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-20, 20:47)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Are working now!

Thanks!    

Regards,

Bart     

Thanks!  
@edjalmo , please check the latest from Git.  I increased the size of the bio textbox in person info, and I also made the text for the Seasons info list consistent with the other info lists in video info. 

I think I also solved the going back to the cast when you switch movies/tv shows.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-09-21, 17:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-20, 22:03)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , I think I fixed the cast issue, please test the latest from Git.  I had not noticed, because out of 629 tv shows, I only have 1 that has no cast.  

Regards,

Bart     

Thanks!     
@edjalmo , please check the latest from Git.  I increased the size of the bio textbox in person info, and I also made the text for the Seasons info list consistent with the other info lists in video info. 

I think I also solved the going back to the cast when you switch movies/tv shows.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   

Thank you!

About tv show without cast, I checked again and now it show seasons, but in other time it was showing the cast space with that image you show when have a shelf without nothing. If it happend again I tell you.

The going back to cast worked here, this will not work if I back pressing "esc".

I have another suggestion and will explain the use case.
In settings we have an option to select what show in custom list and an option to show online TMDb info. I use Kodi in a RPi 3, if I enable the option to show online info I will get always a temperature alert because my Pi can't handle with the request of custom list online, so I made this disable here. However I wish to see sometimes online infos about directors or writers, but the way it are I can't. What I wish, and this is the request, is have one option in custom list to show online info, and the other option (out custom list) will work for the rest (for when I click in a director, writer, genre, etc (and if this is enable will show a pop up asking if the search will be local or online search, like is already). This way I, and other people that use low power device will not get warnings and be able to see some infos online. 
Exist too another things that is not classified, in my opinion, in none of the options, that are budgets, revenue, RT critics consensus, etc. I like things, but again Pi can't handler with much online requests (since this is less request maybe work, but don't know).

An ideia that come to my mind is have and option for TMDb online info that is something like "use as a button" (this option will came when we click in show TMDb online info). This option enable a new button in video info page (like extended info) and when we click on it in a movie will get the TMDb online info about. Directors, writers, etc, will be clickable to see online info, the same way (without clicking in extended info) if this is enable. Actually this is like it was before the new plugin.
Or may have another solution.

Hope this be a useful thing not just for me!

Another thing that I noticed is if we are in TMDb helper plugin and click "I" in one person, the page that load is in video info page style, and not in person info.
(2019-09-21, 17:25)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ] 
This is awesome! This skin just keeps getting better. I have one suggestion and it is up to you. It might be better to use "AB: Manual Art" and "AB: Auto Art" in the DialogVideoInfo area. I have no problem understanding what they both do, but to a new user to Kodi it may be confusing. Either way it doesn't matter to me. Hopefully one day we can have the bigger images as I previously mentioned, as well as the Next Aired working, at least for me. As it is now I can't see what's airing today because if I use your version, then all the other skins suffer and vice versa Sad

Anyway, your hard work is very much appreciated. Keep up the great work on this skin.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2019-09-21, 20:03)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-21, 17:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-21, 13:52)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't like this way of you show when has no cast. Of course is better than previous, and fixed the bug. You can't just skip cast when they have 0 persons? This way, in this cases the first thing will be the seasons.

Thanks!     

Regards,

Bart    

Thank you!

About tv show without cast, I checked again and now it show seasons, but in other time it was showing the cast space with that image you show when have a shelf without nothing. If it happend again I tell you.

The going back to cast worked here, this will not work if I back pressing "esc".

I have another suggestion and will explain the use case.
In settings we have an option to select what show in custom list and an option to show online TMDb info. I use Kodi in a RPi 3, if I enable the option to show online info I will get always a temperature alert because my Pi can't handle with the request of custom list online, so I made this disable here. However I wish to see sometimes online infos about directors or writers, but the way it are I can't. What I wish, and this is the request, is have one option in custom list to show online info, and the other option (out custom list) will work for the rest (for when I click in a director, writer, genre, etc (and if this is enable will show a pop up asking if the search will be local or online search, like is already). This way I, and other people that use low power device will not get warnings and be able to see some infos online. 
Exist too another things that is not classified, in my opinion, in none of the options, that are budgets, revenue, RT critics consensus, etc. I like things, but again Pi can't handler with much online requests (since this is less request maybe work, but don't know).

An ideia that come to my mind is have and option for TMDb online info that is something like "use as a button" (this option will came when we click in show TMDb online info). This option enable a new button in video info page (like extended info) and when we click on it in a movie will get the TMDb online info about. Directors, writers, etc, will be clickable to see online info, the same way (without clicking in extended info) if this is enable. Actually this is like it was before the new plugin.
Or may have another solution.

Hope this be a useful thing not just for me!

Another thing that I noticed is if we are in TMDb helper plugin and click "I" in one person, the page that load is in video info page style, and not in person info. 
@edjalmo, thanks for the additional feedback.

As to the issues you mention:

1. The item with the image for when a shelf is empty might appear briefly while the skin is getting the cast.  This is by design.

2. I don't know why going back to the cast would not work if you press escape (as opposed to back).  I need to investigate further to see if I can figure it out.

3.  I always request the movie or tv show detailed info from tmdb, even if the setting to show online tmdb info is enabled or not.  This allows to seamlessly show online and local info.  The custom info lists do not show online info if the setting is not enabled, and only custom info lists that can get local info are shown.  For example, crew and recommended are not shown if the setting is not enabled, and all of the other info lists get local info only if the setting is disabled.

If I understand correctly your request, you would like to see online info on writers and directors, even if the setting is not enabled.  Is this correct? If so, I can remove the check for the setting for these two fields, and you will always get a dialog asking if you want to search online or local.

Other info like budget, revenue, awards, rt critics consensus, etc. you always get, and I understand that this is not causing your Pi 3 to overheat, correct?

I will be adding back a button that works like the old Extended Info button used to work, but it will call instead script.embuary.info, with  only the info that plugin provides.  This is one of my biggest to-dos before submitting a new version to the Amber repo and Kodi repo.

4. When you are browsing the tmdbhelper plugin itself, I don't control what is shown when you press i, the plugin does.

Please confirm my understanding of your requests, so I know how to proceed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart