Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-10-02, 18:45)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-02, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom , yes, when I update the Kodi repo I will update the Amber repo as well.
OK it's noted.
Will we still have new versions of Amber on Amber's repository before they are available on Kodi's repository ?

(2019-10-02, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]The translations are now done via transifex.  Please help translate there.  Thanks!
How does it work ?   
Eh, @bsoriano, if you only update your repo when update Kodi's what is the use of it?
Try in next time update your repo with more frequency!
But in this case the users have to be aware that things in your repo may not work well and mess configurations, since is beta functions.

@Cyberdom Transifex is a site for translations. You create a acount there, and select a language to help translate. Amber are inside XBMC-Foundation projects: https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/
But theres a little problem there @bsoriano, the .po file that exist is kinda old, theres a lot of text that don't exist there. You can control the frequency that transifex give and get updates from you repo?
(2019-10-02, 19:31)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-02, 17:50)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-02, 03:35)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!
The online info as a button are really good! I just have a few considerations/suggestions.
  • Can you add "L" as a Brazil rating too? This is the same rating as "Classificação Livre" and "Brazil: Livre", it's because TMDb use this instead "Livre", and this way Amber not show the apropiate image;
  • Also, Brazil ratings are a little bigger in embuary info then default video info. I think this is because you use the same size for all not english ratings, and if that's why, no problem, they are not touching the border line;
  • Embuary info have support for RT Critics Consensus? If yes, please add, I like this very much!;
  • You can localize the answers for "Known For" too, like "writing", "directing"...?;
  • I don't like very much the buttons "close" and "embuary info settings", but I think you added because without they would have no buttons when it is the people page, and would not be nice and I agree with you. I don't know what to show instead;
  • I noticed that when a movie are in progress now they show "resume" instead "play". This is nice! Theres just a little bug with this, because when are in "resume" they show the Artwork Beef option in the menu that open;
  • Othe labels to localize is "collection", "hours" and "minutes";
  • I now that a Amber thing but consider put the "choose art" inside Extras too;
  • Hide the arrow in "show fanart" after a little seconds, like in embuary.
I think you are in the right directions for show all details list, buttons and custom list in default position in video info. The details list and buttons are going back to default position when press back and ESC buttons, just the custom list that is not good yet., just the custom list that are not good yet.

Again, thanks!     

@edjalmo, thank you for your feedback!  Please test the latest from Git.

As to your considerations/suggestions:

1 & 2. Added L for Brazil for embuary-info-video.  And yes, I am using only one size of cert. flag for that window.
3. Embuary info does not provide RT consensus, so I cannot show that in that window.
4. I could not find a full list of "known_for_department" for tmdb, so I localized all that I could discern from my movies.  If you find any that I missed, please let me know.  Thanks.
5. I needed the Close button to have a consistent control to be the default in the online info windows, so that one will stay.  I have removed the Embuary Info Settings button.
6. Resume is working fine for me, the context menu just shows "Resume from xxxx" and "Play from the beginning".  
7. I localized "Collection"; "Hours" and "Minutes" are Kodi core lables, so they should show up in your interface language.
8. The "Choose Art" is a Kodi provided control for video info, with standard functionality that I don't know how to replicate with my own code.  Thus, it will stay where it is.
9. I hid the arrows after a couple of seconds, please let me know if this is what you were looking for.
10.  I made some changes to the video and person info windows to try to address always going back to the first list (Cast or other). You might see that another list is being shown, but when you press down from the buttons row, you should always be going to the first list.

Again, please test and let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart    

1 & 2: Thanks! Can you add for TMDb helper too? I don't have noticed that use "L" there too. And in the case add this for local ratings too, for people that use TMDb scraper.
3: This is sad Sad Hope they add in future.
4: Right! Thanks! Will be much work add this localized label for the crew info in custom list too? It would be great if the API already sent the translations, as they exist on the site.
5: You can add Embuary Info Settings in Amber Settings > Video Info, when you ask for show this button. Something like
Quote:Show TMDb info button
    Embuary Info Settings
It's a nice shortcut!
6: Here (in Leia) continue show Artwork Beef option. See screenshort:

7: Right! I didn't saw in .po file and confuse myself, sorry! I thing I noticed is when the durations have 0 minutes they show "2 hours, 0". Can you remove the ", 0" in this cases?
8: Check Arctic: Zephyr 2, there they show inside a "manager" button.
9: It's good! Thanks!
10: I saw! It's better now, but if in future you find a way to show cast directly without have to press anything, it's even better.

@edjalmo, thanks for your quick reply.

1. I will add to the other cert flag options, sure.
4. Yes, it would be a lot of work, since there are many possible roles there. The known for is a much smaller list. I will not be localizing that at this time.
5. That is a good idea, thanks. I will think about it a bit, since the Amber settings option is not just to show the button or not.
6. It will take me a bit to look at this, I only have a Matrix environment to test right now.
7. I thought I had addressed this case. Can you give me an example of a movie where it shows 2hours, 0?
8. I will look, but I think that Arctic Zephyr 2 is not using a separate dialog, but showing something inside the same video info dialog (more complex code for me).
10. I hope I will be able to do so in the future.

I will work on these points later on today.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-02, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom , yes, when I update the Kodi repo I will update the Amber repo as well.
OK it's noted.
Will we still have new versions of Amber on Amber's repository before they are available on Kodi's repository ?

(2019-10-02, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]The translations are now done via transifex.  Please help translate there.  Thanks!
How does it work ?

@Cyberdom, certainly, I will start updating the Amber repo more frequently. I have been making so many changes in the last month that I didn’t want users to have their skin updating every day.

@edjalmo provided a good explanation of transifex. Like he mentioned, I need to ensure that they have the latest version of the skin strings.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-02, 19:48)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
OK it's noted.

How does it work ?   
Eh, @bsoriano, if you only update your repo when update Kodi's what is the use of it?
But in this case the users have to be aware that things in your repo may not work well and mess configurations, since is beta functions.

@Cyberdom Transifex is a site for translations. You create a acount there, and select a language to help translate. Amber are inside XBMC-Foundation projects: https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/
But theres a little problem there @bsoriano, the .po file that exist is kinda old, theres a lot of text that don't exist there. You can control the frequency that transifex give and get updates from you repo?

Thanks for explaining about transifex. Supposedly, they get updates every week. I will check how I can ensure they have the latest.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-02, 20:13)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]4. Yes, it would be a lot of work, since there are many possible roles there. The known for is a much smaller list. I will not be localizing that at this time.
Understand!
(2019-10-02, 20:13)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]7. I thought I had addressed this case. Can you give me an example of a movie where it shows 2hours, 0?
From my library I have Hot Hot Fuzz (2007), Shoplifters (2018) and Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
(2019-10-02, 19:48)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, @bsoriano, if you only update your repo when update Kodi's what is the use of it?
On the Amber's repository, it would be nice to have the main updates of Amber (once or twice a month for example) but not all those that offer beta functions on the GitHub.
The Kodi's repository would be reserved for stable versions of Amber.
(2019-10-02, 19:48)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom Transifex is a site for translations. You create a acount there, and select a language to help translate. Amber are inside XBMC-Foundation projects: https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/
Thank you for the description.
Do we have to register to add translations ? If so, is it free or paid ?
(2019-10-02, 20:13)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-02, 19:31)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-02, 17:50)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo, thank you for your feedback!  Please test the latest from Git.

As to your considerations/suggestions:

1 & 2. Added L for Brazil for embuary-info-video.  And yes, I am using only one size of cert. flag for that window.
3. Embuary info does not provide RT consensus, so I cannot show that in that window.
4. I could not find a full list of "known_for_department" for tmdb, so I localized all that I could discern from my movies.  If you find any that I missed, please let me know.  Thanks.
5. I needed the Close button to have a consistent control to be the default in the online info windows, so that one will stay.  I have removed the Embuary Info Settings button.
6. Resume is working fine for me, the context menu just shows "Resume from xxxx" and "Play from the beginning".  
7. I localized "Collection"; "Hours" and "Minutes" are Kodi core lables, so they should show up in your interface language.
8. The "Choose Art" is a Kodi provided control for video info, with standard functionality that I don't know how to replicate with my own code.  Thus, it will stay where it is.
9. I hid the arrows after a couple of seconds, please let me know if this is what you were looking for.
10.  I made some changes to the video and person info windows to try to address always going back to the first list (Cast or other). You might see that another list is being shown, but when you press down from the buttons row, you should always be going to the first list.

Again, please test and let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart    

1 & 2: Thanks! Can you add for TMDb helper too? I don't have noticed that use "L" there too. And in the case add this for local ratings too, for people that use TMDb scraper.
3: This is sad Sad Hope they add in future.
4: Right! Thanks! Will be much work add this localized label for the crew info in custom list too? It would be great if the API already sent the translations, as they exist on the site.
5: You can add Embuary Info Settings in Amber Settings > Video Info, when you ask for show this button. Something like
Quote:Show TMDb info button
    Embuary Info Settings
It's a nice shortcut!
6: Here (in Leia) continue show Artwork Beef option. See screenshort:

7: Right! I didn't saw in .po file and confuse myself, sorry! I thing I noticed is when the durations have 0 minutes they show "2 hours, 0". Can you remove the ", 0" in this cases?
8: Check Arctic: Zephyr 2, there they show inside a "manager" button.
9: It's good! Thanks!
10: I saw! It's better now, but if in future you find a way to show cast directly without have to press anything, it's even better. 

@edjalmo, thanks for your quick reply.

1. I will add to the other cert flag options, sure.
4. Yes, it would be a lot of work, since there are many possible roles there. The known for is a much smaller list. I will not be localizing that at this time.
5. That is a good idea, thanks. I will think about it a bit, since the Amber settings option is not just to show the button or not.
6. It will take me a bit to look at this, I only have a Matrix environment to test right now.
7. I thought I had addressed this case. Can you give me an example of a movie where it shows 2hours, 0?
8. I will look, but I think that Arctic Zephyr 2 is not using a separate dialog, but showing something inside the same video info dialog (more complex code for me).
10. I hope I will be able to do so in the future.

I will work on these points later on today.

Regards,

Bart 

@edjalmo , please test the latest from Git.  I have addressed the 0 minutes issue and also found a way to move the Choose Art button to Extras in video info.  I added the Brazil:L certification to local and online tmdb certs as well.

In addition, the AB items in the context menu is not a bug.  If you enable the option "Show Artwork Beef items in Context Menu" in Amber Settings, General, the two AB buttons will appear in the context menu always for movies, tv shows or music videos.  If you do not want them to appear, please disable the option.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-02, 22:01)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-02, 19:48)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, @bsoriano, if you only update your repo when update Kodi's what is the use of it?
On the Amber's repository, it would be nice to have the main updates of Amber (once or twice a month for example) but not all those that offer beta functions on the GitHub.
The Kodi's repository would be reserved for stable versions of Amber.
(2019-10-02, 19:48)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom Transifex is a site for translations. You create a acount there, and select a language to help translate. Amber are inside XBMC-Foundation projects: https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/
Thank you for the description.
Do we have to register to add translations ? If so, is it free or paid ?  
@Cyberdom, transifex is free, and you do need to create an account to add translations.  

I agree about versions in both the Amber repo and the Kodi repo.  I just have been to busy coding and figuring out how to do things to publish any versions to the Amber repo lately.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-02, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , please test the latest from Git.  I have addressed the 0 minutes issue and also found a way to move the Choose Art button to Extras in video info.  I added the Brazil:L certification to local and online tmdb certs as well.

In addition, the AB items in the context menu is not a bug.  If you enable the option "Show Artwork Beef items in Context Menu" in Amber Settings, General, the two AB buttons will appear in the context menu always for movies, tv shows or music videos.  If you do not want them to appear, please disable the option.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
0 minutes are not showing anymore.
Understand about AB in context menu, but still this way is not nice to have they there. I will kept this disabled. If you find a way to not show they with resume, please fix.
I saw the shortcuts to TMDb's add-ons settings, the only problem is that embuary settings only show if I enabler online info, that enabler online info and not just embuary. My suggestion is something like this:
Quote:Enable TMDb online info
   Together with local infos
      TMDb Helper Settings
   As a button
      Embuary info Settings
Also, can you add the "Movies in XXXX" label for collections list in embuary info, like are in TMDb helper?
(2019-10-03, 02:22)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-02, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , please test the latest from Git.  I have addressed the 0 minutes issue and also found a way to move the Choose Art button to Extras in video info.  I added the Brazil:L certification to local and online tmdb certs as well.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
Understand about AB in context menu, but still this way is not nice to have they there. I will kept this disabled. If you find a way to not show they with resume, please fix.
I saw the shortcuts to TMDb's add-ons settings, the only problem is that embuary settings only show if I enabler online info, that enabler online info and not just embuary. My suggestion is something like this:
      TMDb Helper Settings
   As a button
      Embuary info Settings
Also, can you add the "Movies in XXXX" label for collections list in embuary info, like are in TMDb helper?  
@edjalmo , thanks for you additional feedback.  I will leave both buttons to open the settings of embuary info and tmdb helper always visible, to make it eaiser for the users.  There is no option to disable/enable the Embuary Info button in dialog video info, and I will not be adding one.

I will change the label for sets in embuary info video.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Label for sets has been changed in Git. Also, I changed the option "Enable Online TMDb Info" in Amber Settings to be "Show Only Local Info".  If the option is enabled, only local info will be shown.  If not, both local and online info will be shown.
(2019-10-03, 23:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-03, 02:22)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
      TMDb Helper Settings
   As a button
      Embuary info Settings
@edjalmo , thanks for you additional feedback.  I will leave both buttons to open the settings of embuary info and tmdb helper always visible, to make it eaiser for the users.  There is no option to disable/enable the Embuary Info button in dialog video info, and I will not be adding one.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Label for sets has been changed in Git. Also, I changed the option "Enable Online TMDb Info" in Amber Settings to be "Show Only Local Info".  If the option is enabled, only local info will be shown.  If not, both local and online info will be shown.  

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, what do you think in add the possibility to blur background, mainly in video info?
The embuary helper add-on can do this, however the dev itself not recommend this use for devices like a rPI.
However exist another add-on for do this that work on a rPI: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318626
I know that this  work good because Arctic: Zephyr 2 use it and I already test.
Just a suggestion!
(2019-07-15, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]- The image above is from a set info dialog, which is a new custom dialog in Amber.  In order to see the additional set information, you need to have the addon script.skin.info.service installed, and you need to restart Kodi after installing it.  You can get this addon from the Amber repo.  The set info dialog looks like this:

- In this custom dialog, the Browse button will take you to the list of movies in the set, and the Show Fanart button will show the set fanart fullscreen.
- You can get movie information for each of the movies in the set by pressing I on any of them.  If you click any of them, nothing will happen.
I have version 3.2.9 of Amber (installed in July since the repository of Amber) and the script.skin.info.service 1.0.6 activated.
In July, I had the summaries of the movies in the set info dialog of sagas (as on the screenshot of the message of bsoriano).
But today, I noticed that in the set info dialog of sagas, the summaries are no longer displayed. The set info dialog is empty.

Is this normal ? Has there been an update of the script.skin.info.service ?
(2019-10-04, 22:58)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-15, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]- The image above is from a set info dialog, which is a new custom dialog in Amber.  In order to see the additional set information, you need to have the addon script.skin.info.service installed, and you need to restart Kodi after installing it.  You can get this addon from the Amber repo.  The set info dialog looks like this:

- In this custom dialog, the Browse button will take you to the list of movies in the set, and the Show Fanart button will show the set fanart fullscreen.
- You can get movie information for each of the movies in the set by pressing I on any of them.  If you click any of them, nothing will happen.
I have version 3.2.9 of Amber (installed in July since the repository of Amber) and the script.skin.info.service 1.0.6 activated.
In July, I had the summaries of the movies in the set info dialog of sagas (as on the screenshot of the message of bsoriano).
But today, I noticed that in the set info dialog of sagas, the summaries are no longer displayed. The set info dialog is empty.

Is this normal ? Has there been an update of the script.skin.info.service ? 
@Cyberdom , yes, the newer versions of script.skin.info.service changed the names of the properties used to show the sagas infos.  You could try the latest Amber from my GitHub, or wait a bit, I am hoping to submit a new version to the Amber repo this weekend.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-04, 18:17)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-03, 23:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-03, 02:22)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, what do you think in add the possibility to blur background, mainly in video info?
The embuary helper add-on can do this, however the dev itself not recommend this use for devices like a rPI.
However exist another add-on for do this that work on a rPI: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318626
I know that this  work good because Arctic: Zephyr 2 use it and I already test.
Just a suggestion! 
@edjalmo , thanks for the suggestion.  I know about colorbox, and I will look into how to implement it in video info.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-04, 23:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , thanks for the suggestion.  I know about colorbox, and I will look into how to implement it in video info.

Regards,

Bart

I blur the background in DialogVideoInfo so if you need example code or help just let me know Smile