Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-23, 19:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Please download latest version from Git.  I increased the number of Custom Home items from 9 to 15.  I hope some of you find this useful!

Regards,

Bart
I'd find this very useful if I could lock a special movie or TV show into one of them until I have seen all of them.
(2019-03-24, 01:12)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-23, 19:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Please download latest version from Git.  I increased the number of Custom Home items from 9 to 15.  I hope some of you find this useful!

Regards,

Bart
I'd find this very useful if I could lock a special movie or TV show into one of them until I have seen all of them. 
 @timmins , I don't quite follow what you would like to do.  Could you please elaborate some more? Right now you can add any movie or tv show as a favorite and then assign it to a custom home item. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-24, 01:07)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]After I seen that you have corrected allot issues I decided to try it on both my TV Boxes. The list function behinded differently on each. On my Goo box, the list took up the whole space. On my shield box it hadn't change that could notice. It was still pushed to the right. The one thing that could be different between the boxes might be the screen resolution. Just a guess?

Yes please fix the list function in Youtube.

Thanks for your work
@timmins , I am not sure what could be the difference.  The skin is coded for 1080 resolution.  Could you please send me a screenshot of each box showing the same content where you can see the difference? Also, please let me know (unless it is obvious from the screenshot) what type of content you are showing.  Thanks.

I expect to get to the YouTube issue before the end of the weekend.

Regards,

Bart
Firstly let me add my thanks for reviving this skin and making it useful again.  Secondly, I want to let you know that while running the 3.0.10 version from github.com/spudstuff, I tried to update it to your newest version from git on two Windows 7 machines, one running Leia 18.0, and the other one running Leia 18.1.  The update worked perfectly on the 18.0 machine, but it crashes whenever I try to install the update on the 18.1 machine, not sure why.
(2019-03-24, 01:18)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-24, 01:12)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart
 @timmins , I don't quite follow what you would like to do.  Could you please elaborate some more? Right now you can add any movie or tv show as a favorite and then assign it to a custom home item. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Sorry for the poor joke, what hinding at. This is how  Jarvis worked. It remember what TV shows you been watching and had a icon each show on the bottom row. It would show the next available left in that series. The last TV series watched would always appear on the bottom row external left.  The top row would the newest show a series I just picked up. The movies worked same same, newest on top and randon in the bottom row which change at given times. 

I liked some of the new feature you give us. Before I could never get information on movies until I played it. Now I can right click and pick information to see it.

Thanks
(2019-03-25, 01:04)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-24, 01:18)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-24, 01:12)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]I'd find this very useful if I could lock a special movie or TV show into one of them until I have seen all of them.  

Regards,

Bart 
Sorry for the poor joke, what hinding at. This is how  Jarvis worked. It remember what TV shows you been watching and had a icon each show on the bottom row. It would show the next available left in that series. The last TV series watched would always appear on the bottom row external left.  The top row would the newest show a series I just picked up. The movies worked same same, newest on top and randon in the bottom row which change at given times. 

I liked some of the new feature you give us. Before I could never get information on movies until I played it. Now I can right click and pick information to see it.

Thanks

@timmins, I will see if I can put back the Jarvis shelf functionality, which is what you are describing. During next week I will provide more info on this.

I am glad you are finding some of the functionality useful! Smile Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-23, 09:43)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-22, 19:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I cannot reproduce not having the List view available for YouTube.  I tested, and all viewtypes are available.  I will do some further testing on the second issue you mentioned. 
Sorry, I was too imprecise. The List view works when starting the Youtube add-on, and also after choosing the "Search" menu. But the result of a new search or a previous search term shows the viewtype "Panel" when choosing "List". 

I updated to commit a4305c40fe1e51d8c55d2a678a5e81e0041d9b82 from Mar 25th and the described issues in List view are gone!
Which is a bit strange... or did I miss a related commit?

Anyway, if it magically fixed itself, just to let you know you can stop looking for a bug in Amber... Smile
(2019-03-23, 16:18)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@DarrenHill, added on Git.  Please test and let me know if there are any issues.  Thanks.

All looking good to me.

In list view there's a slightly odd jump when you initially scroll down from the top ".." item down to stuff in the list (the image/image placeholder jumps left to make space for the info in the middle) which I don't recall before, but it's just an observation rather than anything I think needs any work or fixing.

All in all top job.
Anyone
I looked for Amber skin within Kodi 18.1 and didn't find it. I did like it before I updated my Kodi, however, now it's not within Kodi listed interface skinned. Is there away I can manually install it. I'm using Android phone. Many thanks
(2019-03-26, 15:02)Moe1 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone
I looked for Amber skin within Kodi 18.1 and didn't find it. I did like it before I updated my Kodi, however, now it's not within Kodi listed interface skinned. Is there away I can manually install it. I'm using Android phone. Many thanks

The version of the skin that works with Leia is still in development, so it is not in the Kodi repo (yet).  Look at the first post in this thread, it provides a link to download the skin.  Unfortunately, I don't know exactly how that would work on an Android phone.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-26, 09:37)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-23, 16:18)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@DarrenHill, added on Git.  Please test and let me know if there are any issues.  Thanks.

All looking good to me.

In list view there's a slightly odd jump when you initially scroll down from the top ".." item down to stuff in the list (the image/image placeholder jumps left to make space for the info in the middle) which I don't recall before, but it's just an observation rather than anything I think needs any work or fixing.

All in all top job. 
Thanks! Yes, the odd jump is there as it changes from no content to movies, etc.  I will see if I can make that disappear.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-26, 09:23)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-23, 09:43)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-22, 19:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I cannot reproduce not having the List view available for YouTube.  I tested, and all viewtypes are available.  I will do some further testing on the second issue you mentioned. 
Sorry, I was too imprecise. The List view works when starting the Youtube add-on, and also after choosing the "Search" menu. But the result of a new search or a previous search term shows the viewtype "Panel" when choosing "List".  

I updated to commit a4305c40fe1e51d8c55d2a678a5e81e0041d9b82 from Mar 25th and the described issues in List view are gone!
Which is a bit strange... or did I miss a related commit?

Anyway, if it magically fixed itself, just to let you know you can stop looking for a bug in Amber... Smile 
Thank you for the additional feedback! I had not been able to reproduce this. Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-26, 15:05)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-26, 15:02)Moe1 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone

The version of the skin that works with Leia is still in development, so it is not in the Kodi repo (yet).  Look at the first post in this thread, it provides a link to download the skin.  Unfortunately, I don't know exactly how that would work on an Android phone.

Regards,

Bart

Go to the linked github page (in the first post as mentioned - you can do this on a computer or even the browser on your phone if you wish), click on the "Clone or download" button (green one, right hand side of the screen) and select "Download zip".

Save that zip file somewhere, and then transfer it to your phone if necessary (via cable or USB or SMB network transfer for examples). Open Kodi on the phone, then using the install from zip file option in the add-ons menu (click the gear icon above the main menu list and it's in there) point it at wherever you stored the zip file and that should install Amber for you.
I am using the list view when browsing the video files on my NAS.

There seems to be no way to differentiate folders & video files is there?
Usually the folders are showing first and then when they end, the singular video files start showing.

Or am I just missing something obvious here?
(2019-03-26, 19:58)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the list view when browsing the video files on my NAS.

There seems to be no way to differentiate folders & video files is there?
Usually the folders are showing first and then when they end, the singular video files start showing.

Or am I just missing something obvious here?

That seems like normal behavior for me. Does it work differently in another skin?

Regards,

Bart