Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-10-25, 16:09)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having issues with load the cast in tv show video info page.
For my part, I noticed that the cast (movies and tv shows) took about 1 second to display.
It's not much, but it's not immediate as before or as in the Estuary skin.
Hello all,

I have pushed Amber version 3.2.29 to the Amber repo.  Main changes:

1. The shutdown menu (the one that appears when you press S) is fully customizable.  You can add, delete, reorder, disable, etc. the options in this menu in the same way that you do for the main menu in Amber.  To do this, there is a new option in Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout: Customize Power Menu.

NOTE: If after updating to Amber 3.2.29, you do not see a menu when you press S (or it looks like it opens a dialog that closes immediately), please quit Kodi, and delete the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file from the skin's 1080i folder.  This file will be re-created when you start Kodi again.  My apologies if this issue happens to you.  Deleting the file solves the issue.

Please test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-25, 17:45)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-25, 16:09)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having issues with load the cast in tv show video info page.
For my part, I noticed that the cast (movies and tv shows) took about 1 second to display.
It's not much, but it's not immediate as before or as in the Estuary skin. 
@Cyberdom , yes, it seems that the code I am using for the cast introduces a very slight delay before displaying the cast.  I need to research a lot more how to optimize the code.

Regards,

Bart
When clicking on a recorded show using TVHeadend for a server, I noticed when I view the recording it shows the channel logo of the show rather than the actual fan art or thumb nail of the show.  I'm not sure if this is difficult or not but is there a way to make it show the fan art or thumbnail of the actual show instead of the channel logo under the recording section?

Also, I noticed in the epg/timeline sometimes when you highlight a show there is a blank line between the description of the show and the episode name which makes you have to wait for the description to scroll up before reading.  Is there a way to remove the blank line?

Thanks again for all your work.
(2019-10-25, 17:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , please test the latest from Git, I think the power menu dialog looks fine now.  Thanks for confirming the online info issue is fixed.

I don't know what is happening in your setup with regards to tv show cast.  In my test machines (all Windows 10), the cast shows up fine for all tv shows, whether the "show only local info" option is enabled or not.

Regards,

Bart
The power menu are really good!!! Just one thing, before the update, the window increased depending of the number of itens and now seemes that are fixed size, what no look so nice if have few itens inside.

The cast are working fine! The problem was with my setup: it's because my Kodi main device is a rPI 3b, I only use windows for test things, and I had copy my rPI's DB to Windows recently to test backgrounds and I tested a lot of thing just with movies, and I think they not had downloaded the image of tv shows yet (I think). I test in my rPI and loaded normally, sorry Tongue
(2019-10-25, 18:19)Pepe999 Wrote: [ -> ]When clicking on a recorded show using TVHeadend for a server, I noticed when I view the recording it shows the channel logo of the show rather than the actual fan art or thumb nail of the show.  I'm not sure if this is difficult or not but is there a way to make it show the fan art or thumbnail of the actual show instead of the channel logo under the recording section?

Also, I noticed in the epg/timeline sometimes when you highlight a show there is a blank line between the description of the show and the episode name which makes you have to wait for the description to scroll up before reading.  Is there a way to remove the blank line?

@Pepe999 , thanks for your feedback.  Does Estuary show the fanart or episode thumbnail for the recordings? I know other skins show this with the aid of addons (skin helper service), but I don't want to do that.  I ask you because I do not have PVR with recording capabilities, so I cannot test this well.

As for the second issue, could you please post a screenshot that shows it? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-25, 18:32)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-25, 17:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , please test the latest from Git, I think the power menu dialog looks fine now.  Thanks for confirming the online info issue is fixed.

I don't know what is happening in your setup with regards to tv show cast.  In my test machines (all Windows 10), the cast shows up fine for all tv shows, whether the "show only local info" option is enabled or not.

Regards,

Bart
The power menu are really good!!! Just one thing, before the update, the window increased depending of the number of itens and now seemes that are fixed size, what no look so nice if have few itens inside.

The cast are working fine! The problem was with my setup: it's because my Kodi main device is a rPI 3b, I only use windows for test things, and I had copy my rPI's DB to Windows recently to test backgrounds and I tested a lot of thing just with movies, and I think they not had downloaded the image of tv shows yet (I think). I test in my rPI and loaded normally, sorry Tongue   
@edjalmo , the dialog shows up in three sizes: the smallest for when there are 3 or less items, a middle size for when there are between 4 and 6 items, and the largest one for when there are more than 6 items.  I really did not want to provide more options than that, and I don't know how to make the height variable depending on the number of items the panel has.

Thank you for letting me know about the cast.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @edjalmo , I decided to improve the look, now the size of the dialog is specific to the number of items up to 8.  8 or more is the same size.  Thanks for pointing out it did not look good.  The changes are in Git.
(2019-10-25, 18:44)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-25, 18:19)Pepe999 Wrote: [ -> ]When clicking on a recorded show using TVHeadend for a server, I noticed when I view the recording it shows the channel logo of the show rather than the actual fan art or thumb nail of the show.  I'm not sure if this is difficult or not but is there a way to make it show the fan art or thumbnail of the actual show instead of the channel logo under the recording section?

@Pepe999 , thanks for your feedback.  Does Estuary show the fanart or episode thumbnail for the recordings? I know other skins show this with the aid of addons (skin helper service), but I don't want to do that.  I ask you because I do not have PVR with recording capabilities, so I cannot test this well.

As for the second issue, could you please post a screenshot that shows it? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Hi Bart, no Estuary does not show fanart or episode thumbnails for recordings.  It just shows the channel logo like Amber.

See below for example of epg having an additional line in description.  I circled it.  It only happens for some shows not all of them.

(2019-10-25, 18:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: @edjalmo , I decided to improve the look, now the size of the dialog is specific to the number of items up to 8.  8 or more is the same size.  Thanks for pointing out it did not look good.  The changes are in Git.

Thanks Smile
Sorry, buy no widgets in Amber skin?
(2019-10-28, 20:47)mamachan Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, buy no widgets in Amber skin?

@mamachan , I do not understand your question.  Could you please be more specific about the issue you are having? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

First off, thanks massively for the excellent work you are doing here. Good stuff!!

Now an issue I have.
I'm using Librelec on a generic AMD/Intel build. The REBOOT TO ANDROID option in the shutdown menu is not necessary for my situation. Can that have a disable/delete option also please?

In addition the SUSPEND button does not get removed when deleted or disabled.

Thanks again.
(2019-10-29, 14:31)Captain_Tactful Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bart,

First off, thanks massively for the excellent work you are doing here. Good stuff!!

Now an issue I have.
I'm using Librelec on a generic AMD/Intel build. The REBOOT TO ANDROID option in the shutdown menu is not necessary for my situation. Can that have a disable/delete option also please?

Thanks again.
@Captain_Tactful , thanks for your kind words!

With the latest version of Amber in the Amber repo (3.2.29), the Shutdown menu (what appears when you press S) is customizable.  In all of my tests, any option in that menu can be disabled/deleted, and it works well.  Unfortunately, my only test environments are Windows and not Linux/Android. 

Just to ensure we are talking about the same thing, please be aware that the options that appear in the submenu for the Power menu item are not necessarily the same as those that appear when you press S.  I left the Power menu/submenu there for people who might not have a remote control that can map the S key and prefer a menu item for Power.  The submenu options for the Power menu can be customized (disabled/deleted/reordered, etc.) by going to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout: Customize Menu and Shelves.  The options that appear in the Shutdown menu can be customized by going to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout: Customize Power Menu.

Please let me know if you are indeed using version 3.2.29 and the customization of either the Power menu item in the main menu or the customization of the Shutdown menu are not working well for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-29, 16:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-29, 14:31)Captain_Tactful Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bart,

Now an issue I have.

Thanks again.
@Captain_Tactful , thanks for your kind words!

With the latest version of Amber in the Amber repo (3.2.29), the Shutdown menu (what appears when you press S) is customizable.  In all of my tests, any option in that menu can be disabled/deleted, and it works well.  Unfortunately, my only test environments are Windows and not Linux/Android. 

Just to ensure we are talking about the same thing, please be aware that the options that appear in the submenu for the Power menu item are not necessarily the same as those that appear when you press S.  I left the Power menu/submenu there for people who might not have a remote control that can map the S key and prefer a menu item for Power.  The submenu options for the Power menu can be customized (disabled/deleted/reordered, etc.) by going to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout: Customize Menu and Shelves.  The options that appear in the Shutdown menu can be customized by going to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout: Customize Power Menu.

Please let me know if you are indeed using version 3.2.29 and the customization of either the Power menu item in the main menu or the customization of the Shutdown menu are not working well for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

@bsoriano 
Hi,
Ah, ok I've got confused with the versions and being new to installing from zip. Have 3.2.29 Leia now will confirm thanks
@bsoriano 
Hi,
Yes got it now.
I seem to have both the original and the new one.

Is this for the time being?
I'm testing in Windows 7 64bit.
Thanks

Edit: ignore me i'll have a closer look so I can see which I need to replicate a kodi16 setup
thanks