Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, thank you for your nice skin. I need help by the skin preferences. If I play a Various Artist Album the Fanart of the first Artist is always shown. Is there an option that the skin change to the next artist and also change to the belong fanart?
(2019-12-20, 22:50)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]On some files (movies or tv shows), when I press the info button, I have the details that appear, but I also have a message with an Embuary helper error.
If I deactivate the Embuary helper, I no longer have this error message.
I am using Kodi 18.5 on my Nvidia Shield TV with Amber 3.2.31 and Embuary helper 1.3.6 downloaded from the Kodi add-on repository.

Have you noticed the same problem ?
Should I use another version of Embuary helper available elsewhere than in the Kodi add-on repository ?
After several attempts, I think I have found when the Embuary helper causes an error message.
It is each time that I want to display the information window of a video with accented characters (like é, è, ê or à for example) in its title.
With videos that don't have accented characters in their title, it works fine and I don't get this error message.

@bsoriano, would you know where this problem with Embuary helper can come from ? Can you fix it in Amber ?

Merry Christmas.
(2019-12-24, 16:07)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-20, 22:50)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]On some files (movies or tv shows), when I press the info button, I have the details that appear, but I also have a message with an Embuary helper error.
I am using Kodi 18.5 on my Nvidia Shield TV with Amber 3.2.31 and Embuary helper 1.3.6 downloaded from the Kodi add-on repository.

Should I use another version of Embuary helper available elsewhere than in the Kodi add-on repository ?
After several attempts, I think I have found when the Embuary helper causes an error message.
It is each time that I want to display the information window of a video with accented characters (like é, è, ê or à for example) in its title.
With videos that don't have accented characters in their title, it works fine and I don't get this error message.

@bsoriano, would you know where this problem with Embuary helper can come from ? Can you fix it in Amber ?

Merry Christmas. 
@Cyberdom, Merry Christmas!

My apologies for the late answer.  Are you sure you have the latest versions of embuary helper and embuary info? I do not have that issue in Windows with any tv show or movie, even those with accented characters in the title.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-12-22, 17:21)zimbo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thank you for your nice skin. I need help by the skin preferences. If I play a Various Artist Album the Fanart of the first Artist is always shown. Is there an option that the skin change to the next artist and also change to the belong fanart?
@zimbo , no there is no option for that.  The skin displays the fanart for the album.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-12-24, 17:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-24, 16:07)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]

Merry Christmas.         
@Cyberdom, Merry Christmas!

My apologies for the late answer.  Are you sure you have the latest versions of embuary helper and embuary info? I do not have that issue in Windows with any tv show or movie, even those with accented characters in the title.

Regards,

Bart        
I checked, and I think I have the latest updates :
- Android TV 9 Pie.
- Kodi 18.5.
- Amber 3.2.31.
- Embuary helper 1.3.8.
- I installed Embuary info last night, so this should be the last update.

You use Kodi on Windows. For my part, I use Kodi on Android TV on my Nvidia Shield TV.
Would this problem come from there ?

Has anyone else seen this problem on Android TV ?

That would be a shame to have to deactivate Embuary helper just for that.
(2019-12-24, 17:45)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-22, 17:21)zimbo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thank you for your nice skin. I need help by the skin preferences. If I play a Various Artist Album the Fanart of the first Artist is always shown. Is there an option that the skin change to the next artist and also change to the belong fanart?
@zimbo , no there is no option for that.  The skin displays the fanart for the album.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you
I think I stumbled upon a minor regression yesterday when setting up a new device.

Trying to set the backgrounds for the various menu screens, and now the options seem to be limited to the Amber folder and its sub-folders, whereas before you could include images from anywhere on the device. There seems to be no way to move up above the Amber folder any longer, at least that I could see just using a remote.

Not a major issue as I just moved the desired background images into the Amber folder to access them, but thought I'd mention it.

This is on a Pi4 under LE 9.20, using the current Kodi repo version of Amber.
(2019-12-31, 12:07)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]I think I stumbled upon a minor regression yesterday when setting up a new device.

Trying to set the backgrounds for the various menu screens, and now the options seem to be limited to the Amber folder and its sub-folders, whereas before you could include images from anywhere on the device. There seems to be no way to move up above the Amber folder any longer, at least that I could see just using a remote.

Not a major issue as I just moved the desired background images into the Amber folder to access them, but thought I'd mention it.

This is on a Pi4 under LE 9.20, using the current Kodi repo version of Amber.

@DarrenHill, hello and Happy Holidays!

I added that feature because there was no easy way to get to the skin folder to choose one of the default backgrounds provided. At least with a keyboard, if you press back you can go up the folder hierarchy and choose whatever folder you want. Do you have any of your remote control keys mapped to Back? If so, does using this key let you move up the folder hierarchy? If not, please let me know and I will figure out a different way to access the skin’s background folder or remove the feature altogether. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - thanks Bart, and a happy new year to you too Smile

Yes, back works exactly as you say, and gives full access.

Not the most intuitive route, but functional enough to do the job (especially as it's not exactly something that's going to be commonly needed every day). And as I can't think of any better way to do it either it can be considered resolved...
(2019-12-31, 13:25)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - thanks Bart, and a happy new year to you too Smile

Yes, back works exactly as you say, and gives full access.

Not the most intuitive route, but functional enough to do the job (especially as it's not exactly something that's going to be commonly needed every day). And as I can't think of any better way to do it either it can be considered resolved...
@DarrenHill, you are not the only user to have commented that it is not intuitive.  I did not code that, it is just there in Kodi.  Given that I don't know of any other way (than telling skinshortcuts what folder to start in when you want to select a background) to do what I wanted, I will remove this so that it is easier for the users to select whatever folder they want for backgrounds.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I apologize for the lack of updates lately.  Real life has a way of taking up all of your time.  I have just pushed version 3.2.32 (Leia) to my GitHub and to the Amber repo.

Main changes:

1. The Search function (main menu item) is customizable.  I have added a new skin settings category, Search (found in Settings, Amber Settings, Search).  There you will see a "Select Search Categories" option.  When you select that, you will see a dialog that lets you enable/disable all of the possible search categories the skin offers in the Search main menu item.  They are all enabled by default.  As of this moment, the option and all of the category names are in English only.  I will localize that in the next update.

2. This is just behind the scenes, but I had been troubled by navigation issues that I had not figured out how to do correctly.  With the gracious help from @jurialmunkey , I was able to solve the issues I was having and have improved the navigation of all custom lists in the video info dialog, tmdb person dialog and embuary info person and video dialogs.  Also in the search window.  As a user, you probably will not notice any difference.

I wanted to get this release out before the end of this year.  If nobody finds any major issues, I will be submitting this version to the Kodi repo next week.

Happy New Year to all of you, and thank you so much for your continued support and use of Amber Smile

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for the update I just installed.

I also updated Embuary helper with version 1.3.9.
I reactivated Embuary helper but the error message is still there with the videos which have accented characters in their title.
It looks like a similar problem described here :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348829

Here is what appears in the Kodi log when I get this error message :
xml:
2019-12-31 17:04:16.743 T:23928   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /
2019-12-31 17:04:32.013 T:23959   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 32: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/default.py", line 43, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/default.py", line 19, in __init__
                                                self.getactions()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/default.py", line 39, in getactions
                                                util(self.params)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/utils.py", line 208, in encode
                                                winprop(prop,url_quote(string))
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/helper.py", line 125, in url_quote
                                                string = string.encode('utf-8')
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 32: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

@bsoriano, can you fix this problem from Amber or can you notify the developer of Embuary helper to fix it ?

Pending a fix, I'm using Amber but with the Embuary helper disabled Sad .

Thank you and happy new year Smile .
(2019-12-31, 18:47)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the update I just installed.

I also updated Embuary helper with version 1.3.9.
I reactivated Embuary helper but the error message is still there with the videos which have accented characters in their title.
It looks like a similar problem described here :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348829

Here is what appears in the Kodi log when I get this error message :
xml:
2019-12-31 17:04:16.743 T:23928   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /
2019-12-31 17:04:32.013 T:23959   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 32: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/default.py", line 43, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/default.py", line 19, in __init__
                                                self.getactions()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/default.py", line 39, in getactions
                                                util(self.params)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/utils.py", line 208, in encode
                                                winprop(prop,url_quote(string))
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/helper.py", line 125, in url_quote
                                                string = string.encode('utf-8')
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 32: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

@bsoriano, can you fix this problem from Amber or can you notify the developer of Embuary helper to fix it ?

Pending a fix, I'm using Amber but with the Embuary helper disabled Sad .

Thank you and happy new year Smile .

@Cyberdom, are you running Kodi Matrix? Maybe it is a Matrix in Android issue. In that thread you mentioned the problem was solved installing the latest version of Embuary helper from sualfred's repo.

This is not something that I can fix from the skin. What is the name of the movie that is giving you this issue, and what are the steps to reproduce the problem? I will change the name of one of my movies and try, but in Windows.

I can send the info to the developer, but I would need you to post (or PM me) a link with a full debug log, and a copy of your video database to see exactly how the title is stored in the db.

Happy New Year as well to you and your family!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-12-31, 20:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom, are you running Kodi Matrix? Maybe it is a Matrix in Android issue.
@bsoriano, I don't use Matrix but Leia.

(2019-12-31, 20:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]In that thread you mentioned the problem was solved installing the latest version of Embuary helper from sualfred's repo.
In this topic (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348829), it is not my problem that has been solved but that of @Darker.
It was a similar problem except that for him, it was the accented characters in the genres that posed the problem.

(2019-12-31, 20:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]This is not something that I can fix from the skin. What is the name of the movie that is giving you this issue, and what are the steps to reproduce the problem? I will change the name of one of my movies and try, but in Windows.
Would this be a problem with only the French language ?
I sent you a PM.

Happy New Year.