Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I have just pushed Amber version 3.2.33 to GitHub.

This version mainly uses the new service monitor provided by tmdb helper, as well as some new capabilities from that plugin.  There are a few important changes in the code for the video info dialog, so I would like to get feedback from you before submitting to the Amber repo.  Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

It is important to note that as of this version, script.embuary.helper (version 1.3.9 or higher) and plugin.video.themoviedb.helper (version 2.2.15) are requirements.  If you do not have either of those in those minimum versions, please download them from sualfred's GitHub for script.embuary.helper and jurialmunkey's GitHub for plugin.video.themoviedb.helper.  I am not sure those latest versions are in the Kodi repo yet.

Also, thanks to @Dumyat, the layout of the PVR Guide has been improved, with the addition of channel groups near the top.  You can get to the channel groups by pressing Back, and you can navigate between groups by pressing Left or right.  I have also reduced the size of the font in the PVR Guide to make it more readable.

Again, thank you for your continued use and support of Amber.

Regards,

Bart
In the Kodi repo script.embuary.helper is at v1.3.9 (here) and plugin.video.themoviedb.helper is at v2.0.18 (here). So the latter at least will need manual zip file installation from GitHub for now.
(2020-01-10, 00:15)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]In the Kodi repo script.embuary.helper is at v1.3.9 (here) and plugin.video.themoviedb.helper is at v2.0.18 (here). So the latter at least will need manual zip file installation from GitHub for now.

@DarrenHill , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - I'll test it out completely on Saturday and report back to you if I find any issues.

Thanks for your continued dedication to this skin.

EDIT: I am actually having a hard time installing this version. It keeps telling me the the dependencies for plugin.video.themoviedb.helper-2.0.15 are not being met, but I have installed the 2.0.18 version.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-01-10, 01:34)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - I'll test it out completely on Saturday and report back to you if I find any issues.

Thanks for your continued dedication to this skin.

EDIT: I am actually having a hard time installing this version. It keeps telling me the the dependencies for plugin.video.themoviedb.helper-2.0.15 are not being met, but I have installed the 2.0.18 version.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, the version of tmdb helper required is 2.2.15, not 2.0.15. You need to download it from jurialmunkey’s GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Thanks, I'll try that.

Shedrock
Probably worth mentioning that the new Channel Group functionality has some slight differences to that of the default skin (Estuary). In Estuary, Channel Groups can only be accessed when the user scrolls 'UP' from the first item in the EPG. I personally found this behaviour to be a little annoying, particularly if you are near the bottom of a particular Channel Group and have to scroll all the way to the top of page. So in Amber you only to press the 'Back' button on your remote from anywhere on the EPG and you are you immediately taken to the Channel Groups. Of course if you are near the top of the EPG, you can still use the 'UP' option to access the Channel Groups as well. Basically, both options are available.
Also, in Estuary if a user wants to access the PVR sideblade settings, they have to scroll 'Left' to the very 1st Day shown in their EPG which will open the sideblade. Again, I found this behaviour to be a little tedious, so in Amber you only have to press the 'Back' button which will take you to the Channel Groups, then press 'UP' which opens the PVR sideblade settings. 
One final difference is when you scroll 'Right' on the Channel Groups and reach the last group you can actually continue to scroll 'Right' again and you will loop around to the 1st Channel Group, rather than having scroll 'Left' all the way back to the 1st Channel Group, which is what users have to do in Estuary.    
To Exit the EPG altogether, users now to press the 'Back' button twice (as the first click takes you to the Channel Groups). 
Hope this all makes sense....
Hello all,

I pushed some updates to Git.  

The main changes are:

1. Added new people shelves from tmdb helper plugin:
  -- Popular People
  -- People Trending Today
  -- People Trending This Week

These shelves show the photo of the person.  If you press i on any item, you will get a person info dialog for that person.  If you click on any item (I cannot change this), you will be browsing the tmdb helper plugin for that person.

2. Added other movie shelves fro tdmb helper plugin:
  -- Highest Revenue movies
  -- Most Voted movies
  -- Movies Trending Today
  -- Movies Trending This Week

You can configure these new shelves in exactly the same way you configure other shelves for tmdb helper: Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Configure Home Menu and Shelves. There select TMDB Helper Shelves for the specific shelf for the item you want to configure and you will be able to select the shelves you want.

If there is any interest, I can add all of the Trakt related shelves that the tmdb helper plugin provides.  Please let me know if you would like me to add this. Thanks.

Once you let me know if you want me to add this (or not), I will push a new version to the Amber repo.

Please download the latest from Git (Leia branch), test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I just pushed some changes to Git.

Main changes are:

1. Added trakt related shelves from themoviedb helper.

2. Added option, for vertical menu, to always start in the first menu item.  Unfortunately, there is no easy (for me) way to allow you to choose which menu item to start in, except for the first one.  Also, this does not make sense for horizontal menu.

3. In the person info dialog, some of the media total information items are clickable:

-- Movies/TV Shows in TMDb as Cast
   -- Movies/TV Shows in TMDb as Crew
   -- Total Items in Local Database
   -- Movies/Tv Shows/Episodes in Local Database

When you click (press Enter) on these items, the skin will open a custom search window, with online or local results according to the selected option.

Please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - I haven't tested it all as yet, but so far I have to say that these new features are amazing, and the skin is still extremely fast.

Great work Bart. Thank you for your hard work.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-01-14, 01:45)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - I haven't tested it all as yet, but so far I have to say that these new features are amazing, and the skin is still extremely fast.

Great work Bart. Thank you for your hard work.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock, thank you!! Smile I am glad you are finding it useful.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have pushed version 3.2.34 (Leia) to the Amber repo.  It has all of the latest updates that I had mentioned in my previous posts (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2912352, https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2915053, https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2915626 and https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2916176), that until now were only on Git.

To reiterate, this version has script.embuary.helper version 1.3.9 and plugin.video.themoviedb.helper version 2.2.15 as requirements.  As far as I know, embuary helper version 1.3.9 is already in the Kodi repo, but tmdb helper 2.2.15 is not, so you will have to update this addon from jurialmunkey's GitHub repo (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...edb.helper) until that version (or higher) makes it to the Kodi repo.  My apologies for making you download something outside of my repo or the Kodi repo, but the new/updated functionality in the video info dialog of Amber is dependent on new features of tmdb helper.

Please update, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - as a suggestion, if the authors of those addons don't object it might be worth including a copy of them in the Amber repo so that there is no need to go hunting and messing around with zip files?

Even if it's temporary until the required/desired versions can be included into the official repo, it would probably make life easier for people who aren't so confident in grabbing stuff from GitHub and zip-installing it.
(2020-01-15, 15:45)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - as a suggestion, if the authors of those addons don't object it might be worth including a copy of them in the Amber repo so that there is no need to go hunting and messing around with zip files?

Even if it's temporary until the required/desired versions can be included into the official repo, it would probably make life easier for people who aren't so confident in grabbing stuff from GitHub and zip-installing it.

@DarrenHill , very true, thanks! I will ask, and include if they do not mind.

Regards,

Bart
Indeed, this is an interesting idea.