Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

When you use the seek forward or back option, there is an extra "]" that's visible next to the left of "Seeking", so it looks like this "]Seeking".

I also wanted to ask you if you will consider the following changes as I've added in the 2 attached images. I can more than likely do them, but when the skin updates, it would mean having to constantly readd them. Just a thought.

ImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-01-26, 02:36)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

When you use the seek forward or back option, there is an extra "]" that's visible next to the left of "Seeking", so it looks like this "]Seeking".

I also wanted to ask you if you will consider the following changes as I've added in the 2 attached images. I can more than likely do them, but when the skin updates, it would mean having to constantly readd them. Just a thought.

ImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock, thanks for pointing out the issue with the seek label.  It will be fixed in the next update.  Your requests for tv shows are certainly doable, I will get to them once I complete the colors work.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-26, 02:04)Grinario Wrote: [ -> ]Issue Photo view:

its only enogh to hide the information and make the picture bigger, optimal was, when the right text field is more wide. The picture information can you open with the submenu.
i think this is better and in the style the picture below you win the design award and usability award Smile

I´m nut sure, if the picture title is  on top the picture needed. the picture title is showed in the marked row on the right side. 

Target:

The same in the movie section. No Information, the Information abaout the movie is in the information view. (This was a proposal for you, when i finisched all views for your proposal)

@Grinario , thanks for giving me a visual of what you are looking for.  I agree that it would be a good change for pictures, specially since, in the same folder, most pictures will have most of the same information.  I do not think I will do this for movies, though.  It will take me a little while to do the change for pictures, as it is a redesign of the pictures window.

Hopefully, I can start looking into this next week, after I am done with the colors work.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-26, 02:03)ozzyman Wrote: [ -> ]Two issues:

1- In TV menu and some addons including youtube search menu if i jump left menu, cllicking right arrow not back to regular menu.I mean not closing left menu.  Image
2- There is still in video part randomly search/filter thing not appear in some left/side menus. Image
@ozzyman , thanks for pointing out the issue.  The first will be fixed in the next update, I already found what the problem was.

The second I do not see as an issue, the filter option only appears if the content supports filtering.  If this is happening for you with addons, then perhaps the addon developer is not reporting back to Kodi that the content supports filtering.

However, if you switch to the Estuary skin and the option is there and not in Amber, please let me know, and with what content type and/or addon.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-26, 00:52)Grinario Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Bart,

i am happy you said you work at a color option. Smile 

here i will show you my proposal of the EPG view with choose in the submenu.

ImageImage
@Grinario, thanks for showing me what you mean.  I am not sure I can put the channel group selection in the context menu (I will look into it).  If I cannot, what I can do is provide the option of having the channel groups show up above the guide or not.

As for the logo in the top bar, I don't think I will do this, since the logo is being shown below anyway.  Finally, if I understand correctly, the info that appears in the top bar after the channel name is incorrect? How so? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-26, 21:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

1- In TV menu and some addons including youtube search menu if i jump left menu, cllicking right arrow not back to regular menu.I mean not closing left menu.  Image
2- There is still in video part randomly search/filter thing not appear in some left/side menus. Image
@ozzyman , thanks for pointing out the issue.  The first will be fixed in the next update, I already found what the problem was.

The second I do not see as an issue, the filter option only appears if the content supports filtering.  If this is happening for you with addons, then perhaps the addon developer is not reporting back to Kodi that the content supports filtering.

However, if you switch to the Estuary skin and the option is there and not in Amber, please let me know, and with what content type and/or addon.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks.
I checked for second and Estuary has both search and filter buttons.  For example on "Rai Play" from Official repo.
(2020-01-26, 21:32)ozzyman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-26, 21:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart  
Thanks.
I checked for second and Estuary has both search and filter buttons.  For example on "Rai Play" from Official repo. 
@ozzyman, thanks for confirming.  I have changed the code in Amber to behave like Estuary.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please download, test, and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I just pushed version 3.2.39 to GitHub.  With this version I have completed the color customization work I started.  I think the additional color customizations I have provided will be to your liking.

This is a big change that touched every single skin xml file, so I will appreciate your thorough testing and letting me know of any issues you find.

I think the color customization options are self explanatory, but if not, please let me know of any doubts you have.  As with the Highlight color, you can always go back to the default color for a category by using the "None" button in the color picker dialog.

I added in the Color Options the ability to change the skin color theme without having to go to Settings, Interface.  It is important to note that if you select a different color theme (or re-select Default), your color customizations for highlight color, text color, focused text color and selected text color will revert to the default values for the selected color theme.

Please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

@shedrock , @ozzyman , I have also included in this version the fixes to the issues you pointed out before.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-26, 21:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

ImageImage
@Grinario, thanks for showing me what you mean.  I am not sure I can put the channel group selection in the context menu (I will look into it).  If I cannot, what I can do is provide the option of having the channel groups show up above the guide or not.

As for the logo in the top bar, I don't think I will do this, since the logo is being shown below anyway.  Finally, if I understand correctly, the info that appears in the top bar after the channel name is incorrect? How so? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Hello Bart,
yes, the information after the Cannel name is not correct, or i don´t know Smile
when i hear music or show movie it shows the correct time during playback and end time. when i looking tv, the time is not correct. there are not showd the rest of minutes for the tv show. I think this is a information that is not really needed.
a second optimation for the picture view:

is it possible, if in the folder a file with the name logo.jpg to show it on top the picture? I think when we was on Holiday we can sho the logo from the holiday :-). On the right side of the Logo you can show the Folder name (for example folder name : Holiday with Aida west europe) 

The same with music view: Logo of artist. the folder name is not neceesary, we see the album cover and we dont´need the album name

(2020-01-26, 23:15)Grinario Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-26, 21:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

ImageImage

Regards,

Bart 

Hello Bart,
yes, the information after the Cannel name is not correct, or i don´t know Smile
when i hear music or show movie it shows the correct time during playback and end time. when i looking tv, the time is not correct. there are not showd the rest of minutes for the tv show. I think this is a information that is not really needed.

@Grinario, thanks for confirming. I will look into this.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-26, 23:31)Grinario Wrote: [ -> ]a second optimation for the picture view:

is it possible, if in the folder a file with the name logo.jpg to show it on top the picture? I think when we was on Holiday we can sho the logo from the holiday :-). On the right side of the Logo you can show the Folder name (for example folder name : Holiday with Aida west europe) 

The same with music view: Logo of artist. the folder name is not neceesary, we see the album cover and we dont´need the album name

@Grinario, thanks for these requests. I will look into them. I think I could do the first one, but the file will have to be in the folder and with the exact name logo.jpg. As for the second one, I will not be taking on any changes to the music section right now; I will keep your request in mind for future updates.

Regards,

Bart
Hello Bart,

you are my hero :-)
 thank you, the side menu in the home menu is fix.
but, at the color cangeing view there is the background missing. we can not red the window content Smile of course, i know the color picker must be installed, but other people don´t now. Smile
(2020-01-26, 23:39)Grinario Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Bart,

you are my hero :-)
 thank you, the side menu in the home menu is fix.
but, at the color cangeing view there is the background missing. we can not red the window content Smile of course, i know the color picker must be installed, but other people don´t now. Smile

@Grinario, I am not sure I understand. What is the issue exactly, so I can fix it quickly? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: I think I found the issue and corrected it.  Please let me know.  Thanks.
@bsoriano - Something seems a bit off since I updated to the latest GIT version. There is no longer an overlay in the settings screen as you can see from the image below.

Also, when my System starts up and loads Library Watchdog, it overlaps.

EDIT: I figured out that I had to setup a default color. This should have a default color because it was very difficult to see anything whenI first entered the settings screen.

I just noticed that I can't change the color of the text of the current playing music track. It is a dark shade of blue and doesn't seem to be defined in the color settings.

Shedrock