Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-04-14, 23:30)Kyselak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-14, 22:16)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-14, 20:52)Kyselak Wrote: [ -> ]First of all: I love the skin!

Just one minor issue I noticed.
The Movie/TV statistics line is not being displayed in the Home Window despite being selected in the customization settings.
I am pretty sure it used to be there but I can't seem to make it show up again.
Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks

@Kyselak, what version of the skin are you using? The statistics line should appear on the shelf (widget) when the shelf is not focused. Could you please send me a screenshot where I can see how you configured it and one where it shows the shelf without the statistics line? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   
Sorry, forgot the other screenshot: https://ibb.co/7vJh5D7  
@Kyselak , the statistics line, since I modified Amber to use skinshortcuts for menu customization (Amber 3.2.x for Leia), only appears if you have at least one shelf defined and the shelves are visible.  If no shelves are defined, or the shelves are not visible, the statistics line will not show.  So, for example, here is a screenshot from my main system where you can see the statistics for movies:

Please let me know if this answers your question.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-04-14, 23:20)Kyselak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-14, 22:16)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-14, 20:52)Kyselak Wrote: [ -> ]First of all: I love the skin!

Just one minor issue I noticed.
The Movie/TV statistics line is not being displayed in the Home Window despite being selected in the customization settings.
I am pretty sure it used to be there but I can't seem to make it show up again.
Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks

@Kyselak, what version of the skin are you using? The statistics line should appear on the shelf (widget) when the shelf is not focused. Could you please send me a screenshot where I can see how you configured it and one where it shows the shelf without the statistics line? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am using version 3.3.59 - just updated.
Here is the screenshot
ImageImagehttps://ibb.co/T0wSNRM 
@Kyselak , are you running Kodi Matrix? The 3.3.x versions of Amber (master branch in my GitHub) are for Matrix.  The 3.2.x versions (Leia branch) are for Leia.  The differences are very small at the moment, but they might diverge more as more features/changes are added to Matrix.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-04-15, 00:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-14, 23:20)Kyselak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-14, 22:16)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Kyselak, what version of the skin are you using? The statistics line should appear on the shelf (widget) when the shelf is not focused. Could you please send me a screenshot where I can see how you configured it and one where it shows the shelf without the statistics line? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Thanks for the quick reply.
Here is the screenshot
@Kyselak , are you running Kodi Matrix? The 3.3.x versions of Amber (master branch in my GitHub) are for Matrix.  The 3.2.x versions (Leia branch) are for Leia.  The differences are very small at the moment, but they might diverge more as more features/changes are added to Matrix.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks Bart, that explains it.
I didn't realize the dependency on a shelf being defined.
Might be useful to be optional displayed independent from a shelf IMHO.
But it's really not that important.
I am using Leia not Matrix, that was just a typo.

Thanks again for your explanation.

Kyselak
(2020-04-15, 00:26)Kyselak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-15, 00:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-14, 23:20)Kyselak Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply.
Here is the screenshot

Regards,

Bart  

Kyselak 
@Kyselak, I understand your point.  I would need to find a good place to show it for both the horizontal and vertical menus.  Any ideas are very welcome.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
(2020-04-15, 00:49)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-15, 00:26)Kyselak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-15, 00:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Kyselak , are you running Kodi Matrix? The 3.3.x versions of Amber (master branch in my GitHub) are for Matrix.  The 3.2.x versions (Leia branch) are for Leia.  The differences are very small at the moment, but they might diverge more as more features/changes are added to Matrix.

Regards,

Bart  

Kyselak  
@Kyselak, I understand your point.  I would need to find a good place to show it for both the horizontal and vertical menus.  Any ideas are very welcome.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart 
I like how the "Aeon Nox: Silvo" skin does it.
It looks like this: https://ibb.co/ftt55zW

Regards,

Kyselak
(2020-04-14, 13:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-14, 04:00)jusjoken Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-06, 22:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

First of, I hope that you and your families are safe and healthy in this crisis.

I have pushed versions 3.2.58 (Leia) and 3.3.58 (Master) to GitHub only.

This is a big change (for me), with important additions to the List, Low List and Tall List views:

1. I have added the option to disable the info panel on a per view, per media type basis.  What this means is that you can disable the info panel for List view for Movies, but leave it enabled for TV Shows, or that you can have it disabled for List view for movies, but leave it enabled for Low List and for Tall List.  You will find the option now in the side blade (press Left in any media view).

2. I have added a new option to swap the info panel and the list items, also on a per view, per media type basis.  This means that the list items will now be in the center, and the info panel will be on the right.  The option appears in the side blade as "Alternate List Layout".  Like the disable panel option, you can enable the alternate layout for movies, but keep the original layout for music, and you can enable it for tv shows for List view, but not enable it for tv shows for Low List view.

3.  There are global settings for these two options in Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views: Disable Info Panel in List Views and Alternate List Views Layout.  if you enable these settings globally, then they will be enabled for all three views, for all media types.  Likewise, if you disable them globally, they will be disabled for all three views, for all media types.  You can, however, disable them globally and enable them individually per view and media type, and enable them globally and disable them individually per view and media type.

Did you make these changes for Big List as i am not seeing this in .59 and always use Big List?

@jusjoken, no, I did not. I need to see if I can do that like the other list views. Is this something you are interested in seeing? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Absolutely.  I would love to be able to have the list on the left and the info panel on the right.
(2020-04-13, 23:57)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I hope you continue to stay helathy and safe during these hard times.

I just pushed versions 3.2.59 (Leia) and 3.3.59 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  Main changes:

1. I have added Panel 2 and Big Panel 2 views.  These views differ from the original ones in that the info is on the right and icons are on the left.  Unfortunately I was not able to figure out a way to make this just an option in the Panel and Big Panel views (like I did with the list views), so for now, these 2 new views.
Thanks for the update @bsoriano .

I installed it yesterday and everything seems to be working properly but I did not have time to try everything.

However, would it be possible to add the French translation for the new view modes ?
- For "Pannel 2", put "Panneau 2".
- For "Big pannel 2", put "Grand panneau 2".

Thanks in advance.
(2020-04-15, 11:49)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-13, 23:57)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I hope you continue to stay helathy and safe during these hard times.

I just pushed versions 3.2.59 (Leia) and 3.3.59 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  Main changes:

1. I have added Panel 2 and Big Panel 2 views.  These views differ from the original ones in that the info is on the right and icons are on the left.  Unfortunately I was not able to figure out a way to make this just an option in the Panel and Big Panel views (like I did with the list views), so for now, these 2 new views.
Thanks for the update @bsoriano .

I installed it yesterday and everything seems to be working properly but I did not have time to try everything.

However, would it be possible to add the French translation for the new view modes ?
- For "Pannel 2", put "Panneau 2".
- For "Big pannel 2", put "Grand panneau 2".

Thanks in advance. 
@Cyberdom, done.  Download the latest from GitHub (Leia branch).  If you only update from the Amber repo, please wait and by tomorrow I should upload the change to the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano, I will wait until tomorrow to update from the Amber repository.
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.60 (Leia) and 3.3.60 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  Main changes:

1. I have started thee work on providing overlays (marks for unwatched, watched, in-progress and collections) positioned on the top right corner of the poster or thumb, instead on the bottom right.  This is configurable, there is a new option in Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views:

With this option enabled, the marks look like this:

ImageImageImage

These top right overlays only apply to non-list views.  I will continue working on this, this is not the complete functionality for this yet.

2.  I have provided the option (again, it used to exist before Amber 3.2.x), to show the statistics line outside of the shelves, which means you can have a visible statistics line even if you have no shelves defined or showing.  There are two new options in Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout:

So you can decide to enable the statistics line, and whether to show it on the shelf or not.  If you do not show it on the shelf, this is how it will look:

ImageImage

You can change the color of the background of the statistics line, it is the same color as the horizontal menu glow bars.

3.  I have increased the size of the clear logo on the Home window and the appropriate media views.

Please download/update, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - just tried to update my Windows machine with the new version from the Amber repo, and it's choking on it.

Starting up it tried to do a normal addon update and ended up in a black screen. Closed down and restarted and it booted to Estuary, with Amber not installed at all. Reinstall from the repo and I ended up in a black screen again.

Log files are below (first update and then reinstall attempt. Both without debug logging enabled - if you need that let me know and I'll regrab).

Log file.

Old log file.
(2020-04-16, 20:44)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - just tried to update my Windows machine with the new version from the Amber repo, and it's choking on it.

Starting up it tried to do a normal addon update and ended up in a black screen. Closed down and restarted and it booted to Estuary, with Amber not installed at all. Reinstall from the repo and I ended up in a black screen again.

Log files are below (first update and then reinstall attempt. Both without debug logging enabled - if you need that let me know and I'll regrab).

Log file.

Old log file.
@DarrenHill , please post an attempt to install with debug logging enabled.  I can't tell what's wrong from the logs you posted.  Did you update the Amber repo? GitHub changed the way the URLs needed to be specified, and I fixed that in version 1.0.1 of the repo for Leia.  Thanks.

EDIT: I just tried doing a first install of Amber from the repo (version 1.0.1) in my Windows machine and it installed without issues.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - just tried to update from the Kodi repo version (which I installed after the above) to the current Amber repo version and that worked.

From the second log my Amber repo is v1.0.1 .

I guess it's not going to be any use, but the logging enabled log of the latest (successful) install is here.

Maybe just put it down to one of those oddities, as I can't reproduce it again...
I just tested the new skin and everything works great Smile Just a small note. If you have not defined a background-color for the statistics line, none background be displayed. So a fallback would be nice Smile

watch gallery
(2020-04-16, 21:45)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - just tried to update from the Kodi repo version (which I installed after the above) to the current Amber repo version and that worked.

From the second log my Amber repo is v1.0.1 .

I guess it's not going to be any use, but the logging enabled log of the latest (successful) install is here.

Maybe just put it down to one of those oddities, as I can't reproduce it again...
@DarrenHill , thanks for trying again.  I don't know what happened before.  I am glad you got it to update correctly now.

Regards,

Bart