Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aesir (Pre-Alpha release) v.0.5.5 Kypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I would like to point out one thing though and that is about the separators used between genre, duration and year. Instead of using |, it would be better if you used a custom-designed separator that would look lighter.
(2019-04-26, 06:00)VikkiXavier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-24, 20:12)Arcanthur Wrote: [ -> ] 

Wow. 2400 movies!! Are all those stored in your hard drive or do you use some kind of cloud storage? Impressive. 

All local, I've got around 75tb of storage currently.  Just replaced a dead 3tb drive with a 10tb. 
Lost about 400 movies Sad
Any ETAs on another release?

Στάλθηκε από το MI MAX 3 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
(2019-04-26, 16:35)zacharisharris Wrote: [ -> ]Any ETAs on another release?

Στάλθηκε από το MI MAX 3 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

There are a few more areas I want to address, like some textures and placement issues, and then I'll release a new version.  Hopefully no more than a couple weeks, no promises though.
Working on changing up some of the home screen widgets, large posters here:

oh my oh my
love it so much
Revision to the last post, slight resize on the posters and a few other elements so things line up better.  Probably just my OCD, but it bothered me lol

(2019-05-01, 19:45)Arcanthur Wrote: [ -> ]Revision to the last post, slight resize on the posters and a few other elements so things line up better.  Probably just my OCD, but it bothered me lol

looking great!
have you considered using a shadow img diffuse for the widget pics? so it'll blend better on the bg?
like for posters i think titan has poster shadow img in media dir so you could test it by adding:
Code:
<bordertexture border="20" colordiffuse="black">diffuse/poster_shadow.png</bordertexture>
to the widget's img control.
(2019-05-01, 20:21)cartman.dos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-01, 19:45)Arcanthur Wrote: [ -> ] 

looking great!
have you considered using a shadow img diffuse for the widget pics? so it'll blend better on the bg?
like for posters i think titan has poster shadow img in media dir so you could test it by adding:
Code:
<bordertexture border="20" colordiffuse="black">diffuse/poster_shadow.png</bordertexture>

Thanks!  I was playing with adding a shadow, but I was having issues with the shadow showing up before the poster when the control was scrolling.  I was trying it with a shadow image placed under the thumb and it caused issues.  This works perfectly, it's subtle but it looks nice.

I'm still playing with the look of the watched/in progress overlays.
If I wanted an actual progress bar to show percentage watched, where would I start with that?
(2019-05-01, 21:48)Arcanthur Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-01, 20:21)cartman.dos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-01, 19:45)Arcanthur Wrote: [ -> ] 

looking great!
Code:

Thanks!  I was playing with adding a shadow, but I was having issues with the shadow showing up before the poster when the control was scrolling.  I was trying it with a shadow image placed under the thumb and it caused issues.  This works perfectly, it's subtle but it looks nice.

I'm still playing with the look of the watched/in progress overlays.
If I wanted an actual progress bar to show percentage watched, where would I start with that? 
Sure, you'll need to add a progress control, with info tag set to 'ListItem.PercentPlayed'

Code:

<control type="progress">
    <description>progress bar</description>
    <width>bla</width>
    <height>bla</height>
    <texturebg colordiffuse="cc515151" border="0">colors/color_white.png</texturebg>
    <lefttexture/>
    <midtexture colordiffuse="$INFO[Skin.String(OSDProgressBarColor)]" border="4">colors/color_white.png</midtexture>
    <righttexture/>
    <info>ListItem.PercentPlayed</info>
</control>

you could add a visible tag with 'listitem.isresumable' and/or 'Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.PercentPlayed,0)' to have it only for actual inprogress items.  and Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Progress,0) for pvr (will require separate progress control).
I think for different layouts (poster/landscape/etc) you could just have height and width set to 100% and declare as include, then call it within a control group that limits the size for the specific layout or using params.

Look here for example how sualfred implemented this for his embruary:
https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary...s.xml#L460
https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary...3.xml#L134
@cartman.dos thanks!  Here's the result:

So yesterday Kodi crashed while refreshing the skin and somehow my IncludesHomeWidgets.xml file blanked out (0 byte file), I ended up losing a day of work.  So I'm also in the process of going back and redoing that work. Ugggghhh
If you are using notepad++ check your backup folder.
On windows, will be somewhere like this:-
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\backup

Exactly the same thing has happened to me in the past for no apparent reason. Thought I'd lost everything, but actually a copy was in my backup folder. Was a lifesaver at the time....
(2019-05-02, 22:41)Arcanthur Wrote: [ -> ]@cartman.dos thanks!  Here's the result:

So yesterday Kodi crashed while refreshing the skin and somehow my IncludesHomeWidgets.xml file blanked out (0 byte file), I ended up losing a day of work.  So I'm also in the process of going back and redoing that work. Ugggghhh

Been there. Really the best practice would be to use a cloud-base service, like github/gitlab.
And push every change you make, it'll make it easier to have online backup and keep track of everything, revert changes, document progress...

about the changes you've done, they're looking good, Don't u think tho it'll look better if it's aligned to the img's bottom and perhaps full width of the img?
Also, for pvr you need listitem.progress in info tag if you've got such widget.
Really hope you'll transition it to Leia, most of the fixes for Leia for titan are already there anyway in my skin if you'll ever need a reference.
(2019-05-03, 14:13)cartman.dos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-02, 22:41)Arcanthur Wrote: [ -> ] 

Been there. Really the best practice would be to use a cloud-base service, like github/gitlab.
And push every change you make, it'll make it easier to have online backup and keep track of everything, revert changes, document progress...

about the changes you've done, they're looking good, Don't u think tho it'll look better if it's aligned to the img's bottom and perhaps full width of the img?
Also, for pvr you need listitem.progress in info tag if you've got such widget.
Really hope you'll transition it to Leia, most of the fixes for Leia for titan are already there anyway in my skin if you'll ever need a reference.  

Yeah, I think I like this better, thanks for the suggestion:

i just testing this skin, but i didn't have the look of the screenshot that you give
and i follow all the instruction on the first page that you write
and still i don't know how to make the viewtype on my library
example thing is the Homescreen, the Homescreen is not same as you give in those screenshot
i didn't see the bigger poster on homescreen
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8