Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BBC iplayer www error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed kodi/openelec from the latest noobs download on a raspberry pi. Yesterday the iPlayer addon was working perfectly. Now whenever I try to watch a program I get "iplayer www error check log". The same program will play with no problem on a laptop so it does appear to be specific to the pi. I have googled "iplayer www error" but I have had no luck.

Secondly, again the pi was behaving properly yesterday. Now trying to resolve the above error is hampered by the pi restarting every few minutes. As far as I can tell, it is not a specific key on the Toshiba CT-8533 remote I am using. I have not setup this remote in any way, the main navigation keys just worked straight away.

Any advice would be appreciated as I would prefer not to have to wipe the SD card and start again.
For the iPlayer question, please use the add-ons support thread - here.

For the second part, it would be best to supply a debug log (wiki). Details on that in the next post.

But OpenElec is a dead project that hasn't been updated in a long time. LibreElec is its successor (also available under Noobs) and you'd be better off using that.

The control is via CEC (wiki), which is one of the nice things built into the Pi as standard.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thank you for taking the time to reply. We decided not to spend any more time trying to get the iPlayer addon to work. We are using iPlayer a windows laptop instead.
(2019-03-26, 13:00)kha11 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for taking the time to reply. We decided not to spend any more time trying to get the iPlayer addon to work. We are using iPlayer a windows laptop instead.

Have you looked at the utility get_iplayer?  It allows you to download any BBC content, TV and Radio, and you can then add it to your Kodi library.