Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Emulators on Kodi on Shield TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to game support for Kodi. Great to see this being implemented with Leia.

I haven't succeeded to get things working on my Shield TV though. A few questions:

1) Do I need to copy the roms to the Shield or can access them from a network drive? How to set it up?

2) I understand there is no games library implemented with Leia yet. Is this something being worked on or do I need to go the work-around with addons to get posters and some grouping by video console?

3) Atari 2600, C64 and Amiga don't seem to yet be supported for Kodi Leia on Android? Is this correct and any hope to see them coming alive?

4) Any guidance on multi-player games?
(2019-03-23, 06:02)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]1) Do I need to copy the roms to the Shield or can access them from a network drive? How to set it up?

Best to copy them locally. Loading from a network drive requires "VFS support", which is only offered by a subset of cores as you can see here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Game_add-ons

(2019-03-23, 06:02)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]2) I understand there is no games library implemented with Leia yet. Is this something being worked on or do I need to go the work-around with addons to get posters and some grouping by video console?

Correct, no game library yet. Kodi's database code is in bad shape, I've written two game libraries already and had to abandon both. For now, game add-ons are the only real solution.

(2019-03-23, 06:02)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]3) Atari 2600, C64 and Amiga don't seem to yet be supported for Kodi Leia on Android? Is this correct and any hope to see them coming alive?

It's possible that there's just a small compiler bug. With some testing, I'm sure we could get these to work. Unfortunately I'm short on time and working hardware, so I can't make much progress.

(2019-03-23, 06:02)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]4) Any guidance on multi-player games?

Multiplayer should be supported if you have multiple controllers. Testing is welcome, and I'd like to hear of any multiplayer breakage you encounter.