Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ARTWORK ADDON] RED CARPET - an Actresses PNG's resource Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@shedrock 
In this comparison with dark background you see the quality differences of the edge transistions very well.
When used in Kodi, the difference becomes even more noticeable.
I'm also trying now to build more skill on it.
Hera Hilmar

(2019-04-02, 20:12)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock 
In this comparison with dark background you see the quality differences of the edge transistions very well.
When used in Kodi, the difference becomes even more noticeable.

I'm also trying now to build more skill on it.
I know what you mean. That link manfeed gave me is fantastic. I have done a few so far and they look great. I am not sure if I should keep posting the images because it may eventually be too much for the forum, and I imagine it may cause unnecessary load on the servers. Anyway, I will probably just post a link to them when I have more done.

Here are the ones I did so far.

Emma Hamilton

Natalie Zea

Alice Eve

(2019-04-02, 19:53)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-02, 19:00)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much. Hope you guys remember to do one for Alice Eve. Big Grin 

How could we forget her? Rofl

Alice Eve

Awesome! Thank you.
Leila George

(2019-04-02, 21:19)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Here are the ones I did so far.

Excellent, the transitions are very good!
If the pictures get a little more sharp, it's perfect. If I remember correctly you use GIMP. I am convinced that the blur is not at the source you are using, more the editing in GIMP. I had the same problem editing images when scaling or save, the sharpness in contrast to the original get lose when i played around with GIMP for fanart.tv. I think that cause was in GIMP on scaling -> try other interpolation settings (i think that was the cause of sharpness/quality loss. Can also be that I am wrong, it's pure from my memory.)
Quality not the greatest, only 300kb instead if the recommended 500kb-1000kb, also under recommended 1000pixel height, strange shadow edges, but maybe still usable:

Sharon Stone
(Don't forget the great 90's  Laugh )
(2019-04-02, 21:35)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-02, 21:19)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Here are the ones I did so far.

Excellent, the transitions are very good!
If the pictures get a little more sharp, it's perfect. If I remember correctly you use GIMP. I am convinced that the blur is not at the source you are using, more the editing in GIMP. I had the same problem editing images when scaling or save, the sharpness in contrast to the original get lose when i played around with GIMP for fanart.tv. I think that cause was in GIMP on scaling -> try other interpolation settings (i think that was the cause of sharpness/quality loss. Can also be that I am wrong, it's pure from my memory.) 
I actually never used GIMP. Graphics are definitely not my thing. Laugh

Anyway, I only used the Remove BG site and then touched up with Adobe PS. It's weird because I am not seeing the quality loss on my end.
(2019-04-02, 21:47)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Graphics are definitely not my thing. Laugh
Haha, I feel the same way as you!  Rofl
I love graphics and arts, my custom skin mod is based on that concept, but editing ... ^^
But it's the same like learning .xml, cause my parents did not bless me with much understanding for syntax and strings. ...but step by step & i'll never give up.
Keri Russell
Jennifer Connelly
Alicia Silverstone
(2019-04-02, 22:52)Captain_Pike Wrote: [ -> ]Keri Russell

nice one!
Ok, here is the Emily Browning jpg I posted here...
How does this cleaned up version look? I did this entirely with GIMP... is it even worth my time as far as quality is concerned or should I search for artwork already done?
I definitely see spots that need cleaned up.

Amanda Crew