Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ARTWORK ADDON] RED CARPET - an Actresses PNG's resource Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@SteveSmith 
Quote: Kate Hudson 

I still havent worked out how to get these working.. I have dropped the directory into the addons folder.. and copied the text to the bottom of the .xml file as described. but so far nada.
Sorry, i changed the download source from .rar to .zip
_____
Quote:@manfeed 
Is there an easier way so share these pictures? I have about a dozen more so far and would just like to drop them into a folder or a drive somewhere for anyone who wants them
If you have found a nice one, share it here. You can also collect with time and then share it via cloud and post a link.

Each picture i found/get comes in my second separately offered download link "actor pngs collection raw.rar" 
This will be the collection offered.
Unfortunately, only one picture of actor at a time can be added to the resource addon.
I give my best that with the best quality and the closest to the "convention" corresponds that all look kind of uniform will be added here.
The actors are there divided into folders and the file names sorted "Actorname_01.png" ...
If someone likes a different picture better then you can exchange it in resource addon.
______

Great thanks for your pictures!  Cool
But for most, the image is cut off left or right.
Read you my first post again by how it should look something like:
Quote:Here are a few "conventions":
  • simple look at the screenshot above
  • It must be a transparent png.
  • There is no restriction on resolution and aspect ratio.
  • Above, left and right should not be cut off, only below.²
  • Cut the picture top, left and right as close as possible but center body or face. (Skin makes the centering)
  • Most pictures are the body up to the knees maximum. The feet are almost always cut away.²
²(The graphics should be placed on an edge or seperator line/texture similar to clearart (as showed in my video) to make it look good, or on top bottom)
  • The edges should flow smoothly with the transparency. This is most noticeable in hair. The best are therefore real render graphics. 
  • If possible, don't use movie role images, like scarlett johansson in her avengers suite, that doesn't look good in other appearences, use more "civilian looking clothing" (but sexy) images.

The image of "Eva Mendes" unfortunately, you can only use with a white background. There was nothing worked on the edges and would therefore look like this in kodi:

If you found a image the best way is to test first out how it looks in kodi - when you think its looking good, share it  Cool
@manfeed 
Quote: I don't have any secret png's source, I make them by myself with Photoshop. I also use the web https://www.remove.bg/ the problem is that the free option only allows for limited sizes, so I use it for the head's zone since hair is the most tricky part.

I have been trying for a long time with png editing because i am also on fanart.tv in support. But I just do not get clean edge transitions from the image to the invisible. Restrict me currently to .jpg content.
I do not even accept any requests, but maybe I can send you a pm with a png request that I've had for a very long time and by God I can not find anything on the internet. Only one  Love
_____

Thank you very much for your pictures!
All have been included in the updated resource and would be also found in the "actor pngs collection raw.rar" (update follows)

Allow me a few comments:
At images "Rachel McAdams" and "Melissa Benoist" has no real (edge) transitions from the image to the invisible. But nothing is pixelated and can still be used.

At "Carey Mulligan" has only her upper body. I use such pictures also at the moment but only if I find nothing else and therefore i try to avoid it. Nevertheless usable!

"Julia Roberts" and "Carrie Fisher" are full-body images and hover in kodi in the air. If I had found the most full body images on the internet, I would have chosen these,
but unfortunately most of the ones on web i found cut off the lower end and therefore i also always cut the lower end every time i want to use a full body image.
I try (as far as possible) that everything looks uniform (only as far as possible) with and currently 90% have a lower cut, so a "floor"
I did not dare to cut them now. Maybe you can find alternative or make a cut in and repost it here.

At "Sigourney Weaver", I thought at first it is a bit pixelated or blurry. But strangely it looks good in kodi again. Useful!
(I think we are on the same wavelength, for example Sigourney Weaver and Carrie Fisher, I also prefer to use pictures where they are in their flowering years or how I remember them in some movies and not how they look now like - older  Rofl  )
_____

All other pictures have really perfect AAA quality. I did not have to compress or cut anything afterwards either.

I noticed you are using overhead 1000 pixels as the maximum height. Currently I go in the compression purely for file size.
There may be the case that some want the pictures in Kodi very large, and from an enormous size, everything starts to blur.
(That i have unfortunately to compress too good quality/too big pictures i have already described in the first post why)

A small quality/size problem that I still have to think about.
But I'm thinking about doing the same thing.
____

Again a big thank you for your contribution  Smile
@docwra 

I put all info together in the first post you need to implement in Estuary Skin (also Estuary Mods)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2838388
I would suggest setting a recommended dimensions otherwise the pack is going to get very big, very quickly.
(2019-03-27, 12:22)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest setting a recommended dimensions otherwise the pack is going to get very big, very quickly.
Currently, all images have a maximum file size of a bit more than 1mb.
It should also look good if someone want to show the pictures in Kodi bigger.
In contrast to content artwork, kodi does not rerender the images and that's why I'm forced anyway to compress too good quality/too large file sizes.
But I will not go further below. Here, quality is clearly preferred before storage space.

Currently the file size is 78mb on 120 actors, if i count that up to 1000 actors the file size would be still a small joke in contrast to the thumbnails cache folder.  Nod
@"chrissix" 

I have made another image for Julia Roberts, in case you like it better... I didn't dare to cut the knees to Carrie Fisher, though...  Rofl

Saoirse Ronan

@"chrissix" 

Testing your images I found that Nicole Kidman doesn't look good with a non-white background...

...I made this one that is quite similar, in case you'd like to replace it...

Quote:Testing your images I found that Nicole Kidman doesn't look good with a non-white background...

@manfeed 

You are absolutely right. I had only briefly looked at her in kodi and I did not notice that the quality is really as bad as you just showed me!
I bother to search the Internet completely but sometimes I just take what I can get if I can not find anything.

In contrast to other actresses, for example "Vanessa Hudgens", there are hundreds of AAA+ really hot high quality renderings on the web.
From here it will  be difficult to decide which one should take the best for the resource, and which ends up in the collection.rar deposal.

I'm not afraid to swap .png's. It will be exchanged and the other is getting to the collection.rar deposal.

I do not deal myself with the kodi music section, although I have music for lifetime on my HDD's the content gets rotten there through spotify and youtube now no longer necessary,
but i've noticed there are far more .png's renderings for artists then for actors on web aviable. Although I will include artists in the database that are also represented in the movies/tvshow world, addon could also be usable for kodi music artists. Since I do not use music in kodi, i'm not going to make big efforts now, but options are to take artist content also in, or someone can make own artist resource addon. The idea would be nice, i'm still thinking about.

Great thanks again for the renderings!
I think that the concept of png images for music artists is well dealt with thanks to theaudiodb.com. There you can find clearart png files for many artists, in fact I have contributed several of them (that's the reason why I developed the knack to make them). Anyway, the more artwork options, the better... Wink

Well, let's go on... Jessica Chastain

(2019-03-28, 11:41)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]I think that the concept of png images for music artists is well dealt with thanks to theaudiodb.com. There you can find clearart png files for many artists, in fact I have contributed several of them (that's the reason why I developed the knack to make them). Anyway, the more artwork options, the better... Wink
You mean artist clearart in the meaning of artist png combined with artist logo? (so no single png)
I suppose with the convention of 1000x562...

I've heard about it, it's still pretty new and not many skins have implemented it yet. I did not know that it already works with api. At my last knowledge level, you had to collect them yourself and people exchange them in forums oldschool.
But I have just seen artworkbeef has a setting for it, so that new just i thought it probably not is.
January Jones
Yes Clearart now works with the latest scrapers and TADB API Smile
Zooey Deschanel

Zoe Kazan