Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: some tvheadend channels not showing up in kodi guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have 29 channels configured in tvheadend, and all 29 show up in the EPG provided by the tvheadend web interface. However, 3 channels (all of them subchannels of the same channel) do not appear in the kodi EPG. I cannot understand why they don't appear - I have checked the config for the tvheadend addon, the guide settings in the kodi settings and everything looks correct.

Any ideas? Thanks!
When you say "subchannels" I presume you are using an ATSC tuner with tvheadend.  And if you have 29 channels I presume there are other primary HD channels with SD subchannels.  Do the subchannels from the other stations appear correctly ?
Without a debug log we do not even know which Kodi version you are using. Post a debug log and people have a chance to help you.
(2019-03-26, 03:36)MB32 Wrote: [ -> ]When you say "subchannels" I presume you are using an ATSC tuner with tvheadend.  And if you have 29 channels I presume there are other primary HD channels with SD subchannels.  Do the subchannels from the other stations appear correctly ?

Yes, other subchannels appear correctly. There is one channel with 8 subchannels, and all of them appear in the tvheadend web interface (and I see them in the xmltv.xml file), but 3 of them don't appear in the kodi EPG.
It is uncommon but possible for the PVR manager settings to become corrupted in a way that produces duplicate or missing channels in the guide.  What platform are you running Kodi on?  Is the OS on an SD card?  Where does the server reside?  Here are some things you could try.

• Disable any other PVR clients.  In Settings / PVR / General, reset settings to default and select clear data.  Do the same under Guide.  Then restart Kodi to see if it makes a difference.
  • Uninstall all PVR clients, restart Kodi, and reinstall the tvheadend client.
  • Perform an integrity check on the file system using whatever tools are appropriate for your platform.  (I have seen corrupted SD cards cause problems)
  • Install Kodi on a different platform and configure the tvheadend PVR client to access the same server.  If the issue persists you may have found a bug in the PVR client.  In Settings / System / Logging, enable component-specific logging for PVR and EPG components.  Then restart Kodi, enter the guide, briefly play one of the visible SD channels under the malfunctioning station, stop playback, disable logging, upload the log for someone to review.
(2019-03-27, 03:27)MB32 Wrote: [ -> ]It is uncommon but possible for the PVR manager settings to become corrupted in a way that produces duplicate or missing channels in the guide.  What platform are you running Kodi on?  Is the OS on an SD card?  Where does the server reside?  Here are some things you could try.

• Disable any other PVR clients.  In Settings / PVR / General, reset settings to default and select clear data.  Do the same under Guide.  Then restart Kodi to see if it makes a difference.
  • Uninstall all PVR clients, restart Kodi, and reinstall the tvheadend client.
  • Perform an integrity check on the file system using whatever tools are appropriate for your platform.  (I have seen corrupted SD cards cause problems)
  • Install Kodi on a different platform and configure the tvheadend PVR client to access the same server.  If the issue persists you may have found a bug in the PVR client.  In Settings / System / Logging, enable component-specific logging for PVR and EPG components.  Then restart Kodi, enter the guide, briefly play one of the visible SD channels under the malfunctioning station, stop playback, disable logging, upload the log for someone to review.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll play around with things tomorrow.

I'm not going to uninstall tvheadend, however. Getting that thing configured to work with my HDHomerun and to properly import the EPG data from zap2xml was a chore I don't want to repeat.
Quote:I'm not going to uninstall tvheadend, however. Getting that thing configured to work with my HDHomerun and to properly import the EPG data from zap2xml was a chore I don't want to repeat.
That could be part of the problem: on ATSC transmissions, EPG data is embedded in the broadcast data stream.  The TVheadend server extracts this data and caches it for all of the stations, then forwards it to any PVR clients which subscribe to the server.  So the only thing you need to get EPG data is the TVheadend PVR client: there is no need to use zap2xml if you only want EPG data for local broadcast channels (unless you want to see listings for a longer time into the future.)  If that is what you want, I understand.  But for best performance, compatibility and reliability, I really believe that online EPG providers like the one you are using should be implemented as a PVR client (not a program add-on.)  That would make installation, configuration and troubleshooting much easier.
I would be happy to assist if you would post a debug log. If you don't know what I mean search this forum for "debug log". [emoji848]
(2019-03-27, 08:47)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]I would be happy to assist if you would post a debug log. If you don't know what I mean search this forum for "debug log". [emoji848]

I have a debug log. What I did while logging was on:
  1. turned on debug logging
  2. rebooted
  3. viewed the EPG
  4. selected and watched channel 57.1 for a few seconds
  5. stopped watching
  6. stopped debug logging

Channel 57 has 9 subs (57.1 thru 57.9).   .6 .8 and .9 do not appear in the kodi EPG, nor do they appear in the kodi channel manager. The tvheadend interface indicates they are configured and should be available.

I cannot find instructions on how to use https://paste.kodi.tv/ to provide the log. Anybody have a link?

Please let me know if more information is needed. Thanks!
(2019-03-28, 01:18)mrfeh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-27, 08:47)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]I would be happy to assist if you would post a debug log. If you don't know what I mean search this forum for "debug log". [emoji848]

I have a debug log. What I did while logging was on:
  1. turned on debug logging
  2. rebooted
  3. viewed the EPG
  4. selected and watched channel 57.1 for a few seconds
  5. stopped watching
  6. stopped debug logging

Channel 57 has 9 subs (57.1 thru 57.9).   .6 .8 and .9 do not appear in the kodi EPG, nor do they appear in the kodi channel manager. The tvheadend interface indicates they are configured and should be available.

I cannot find instructions on how to use https://paste.kodi.tv/ to provide the log. Anybody have a link?

Please let me know if more information is needed. Thanks!

1. Turn on Kodi debug log
2. Turn on pvr component logging
3. In tvheadend Kodi addon settings, activate trace logging
4. Restart Kodi
5. Do what needs to be done to show the problem
6. I'm pretty sure it is documented here or in the wiki how to upload the log. Never did that myself, sorry.
(2019-03-29, 08:42)MB32 Wrote: [ -> ]Try the logfile uploader addon

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader
https://kodi.tv/addon/program-add-ons-sc...e-uploader
Thanks.

Here is the debug log for this issue: https://paste.kodi.tv/inekajogud
As your log is full of banned addons, you wont get any help here anyway. Remove the banned addons from your installation, then do what I asked you to do re logging, then post a new log.
> Starting Kodi (17.1 Git:39e9963). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

And ... install a recent version of Kodi. 17 is EOL.

> Running on OpenELEC (official) - Version: 8.0.3, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.9.25

OMG. OpenELEC is dead for years. You definitely should give LibreELEC a try.

> connected to HTS Tvheadend / v4.0.9 ~ OpenELEC Tvh-addon v7.0.3 (HTSPv20)

TVH 4.0.x is stone-aged.

It really makes no sense to deal with your issue until you proof with a clean log that it is also present in a combination of Kodi 18 + TVH 4.2.x
(2019-03-29, 15:39)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]> Starting Kodi (17.1 Git:39e9963). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

And ... install a recent version of Kodi. 17 is EOL.

> Running on OpenELEC (official) - Version: 8.0.3, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.9.25

OMG. OpenELEC is dead for years. You definitely should give LibreELEC a try.

> connected to HTS Tvheadend / v4.0.9 ~ OpenELEC Tvh-addon v7.0.3 (HTSPv20)

TVH 4.0.x is stone-aged.

It really makes no sense to deal with your issue until you proof with a clean log that it is also present in a combination of Kodi 18 + TVH 4.2.x

Is it possible to upgrade without starting from scratch? I really don't want to go through the TVH configuration again.
Pages: 1 2