Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVDB scraper stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this just me? 

My usually very reliable TMM scraper has given up on me. I am not sure that anything on my system has changed. Don't think so. Is it just me?

I am using version 2.9.16 and found these in the log:

22:42:06.050 ERROR org.tinymediamanager.scraper.thetvdb.TheTvDbMetadataProvider - failed to get meta data: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
22:53:04.262 ERROR org.tinymediamanager.scraper.thetvdb.TheTvDbMetadataProvider - failed to get meta data: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Sam.
What java versio are you using?
(see logfile at startup)

But TVDB has some issues recently;
they respond with SSL errors, when their servers are flooded... so try again later....
I reloaded TMM to check the logfile and this is the entire contents. Do you mean the items under the Tools menu? Is that showing the log file?

There was no mention of a Java version there so I suspect not. Found it: 1.8.0_191

Sam.

08:35:25.004 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_fanarttv.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.019 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_imdb.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.113 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_metadata.artists.universal.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.113 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_metadata.themoviedb.org.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.129 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_metadata.tvdb.com.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.129 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_metadata.album.universal.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.129 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_metadata.artists.universal.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.129 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_metadata.themoviedb.org.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.144 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_metadata.tvdb.com.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.207 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_moviemeter.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.222 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_omdbapi.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.285 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_opensubtitles.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.285 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_tmdb.conf' - using defaults
08:35:25.300 WARN  org.tinymediamanager.scraper.config.MediaProviderConfig - Cannot load settings 'data\scraper_tvdb.conf' - using defaults
I might try re-installing, though not sue how to uninstall. Do you just delete the directory?
What for?
It does not change anything.

TVDB works for me w/o any problems.
Are you using a proxy/avscanner/firewall or others intercepting your traffic?

In general settings, you'll find a checkbox for disabling SSL.
Try this...
Gave that a go, didn't help. Tried removing a show, re-adding it. Removing all the nfo files, etc.

A little background would be that this just stopped working one day last week I think. Prior to that it has worked for many months - maybe as many as six. I did upgrade recently. It is possible it hasn't worked since the upgrade.

Also I can switch TV scrapers without any difference.

From the errors in the log above, it seems more generic than that, but I don't really know what they mean.
Start TMM, and scrape with TVDB.
Upload the full log to some pastbin site.
With single log lines we mostly won't see the whole picture...
Thanks for your help:

https://pastebin.com/me482azM
Some one/tool is interferring your traffic!
Even non-https throw SSL exceptions, which means, you are being redirected automatically?

> subjectAltNames: [mail, mail.testlab.info]

Dunno what this is, or where it comes from, but might be some firewall, virus scanner, proxy, VPN, test suite (or trojan).
I highly doubt, that imdb and others have invalid certs online...
I am not overly sure why imdb is even in the picture seeing as I don't use it. Or is it related to the tvdb?

Anyway I switched off my VPN and TMM started working again. Switched the VPN off, TMM stopped working. This is new as I repeat they have been working together harmoniously for a long time. 

Anyway, I guess I'll just do that in future.

Thank you so much for looking at the logs for me. I do appreciate your time.

Sam.