Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Max number of External Hard Drives possible for XBoxOne?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new here.  Just starting out with Kodi and love the customization.  My question, I think, is relatively simple.  Right now I have my 2 external drives that I use for TV rips from my collection set up in the Library...they are both assigned to the paths they were originally assigned to.  (win-lib://removable/D,E,F etc.) I also have a third usb that I have some random stuff on that is assigned to the third path.  Now if I keep these in the same spots and assigned to the same drives there is no problem with library integration.

Now, I also have 2 other external drives that I use for my ripped blu rays from my collection.  What I would like to be able to do is assign these a letter as well and be able to plug these in when wanting to use the customization for movies too.  Am I right in assuming I can not get any paths other than D E and F from the Xbox?  So if I plugged in one of my movie HDD's, and it was read under D, for example, if I scanned that drive to the library will it overwrite what was previously in path D? 

I suppose my question is this - is the max number of hard drives that can be uploaded to the Library 3? And is this because of Xbox only having the 3 drives?  Is it possible to get letters G, H,I etc? I'm quite new at this.

Thanks for any help and keep up the good work!
I would really like to know this as well.
I’m sure in Windows you a set any drive letter you want using Disk Manager. I wonder if that is honoured on your Xbox?
(2019-03-30, 05:55)HomerJau Wrote: [ -> ]I’m sure in Windows you a set any drive letter you want using Disk Manager. I wonder if that is honoured on your Xbox?

Tried that, but the Xbox assigns its own letter to each drive (D E F) according to the order and whats available.  Makes sense I suppose.  I got it to work essentially.  I have a drive that I always keep as the D drive.  I then have two movie HDs and 2 TV HDs.  One movie drive is E and one is F.  Similarly, one TV is E and one is F.  I can only use one E and one F at a time, of course, but as long as they are in the right letter formation kodi will read it.  Not perfect, and some sort of splitter may work in the future, well see.