Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Default (or at least consistent) Movies View (InfoWall) throughout Kodi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi: 18.1 64bit / Estuary Skin / infoWall

Hi,
First up, please bear with me as I am using Kodi for the first time in 7 years.... so a few things have changed since the XMBC days....

I have stored/organised my local movie/TV shows collection in a folder structure.i.e.

Action
->Top Gun
->Heat
->...
Sci-Fi
->Flash Gordan
->Star Wars
->Star Trek

When I click on the Movie menu option (on the main menu), I would like to see my movies organised by the folder structure i.e. Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi...

However, once set, if I navigate away from the Movies (say to look at TV Shows), and then return to look at the Movies again, the view tends to reset to the one below (which I think is the Titles / Unwatched view?)

My question, is how do I make the first view (list by folder categories/structure) 'stick' or at list stop it from being reset back to the titles view everytime?

Apologies if this is a really dumb newbies question...
Kodi is meant to navigate to movies->titles by default.

The first view you selected is the folder view. Probably comparable to the file-view instead of the library view you see below.

So as long as you have scraped your movies into the library, Kodi will always enter movies -> titles. See:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L884-L893

The $LOCALIZE[342] is the label for "Movies" in your home screen.

That line:

<onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)</onclick>

is responsible for entering the titles. In general it means. "If your library has content" (which is "true") and "the skin has NOT the setting 'no category widgets' enabled" (which is obviously also "true") then activate the window movies -> titles once you clicked on it.

If the category widgets setting is disabled it will still be directed to: ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/,return) which should be the list "titles, genre, director" and so on, but still not the file view you mentioned first.

I highly guess you named your source "Movies" and if you want that simply use the filemanager or modify the skin to point directly to the filemanager in case you click "Movies" from your home screen.

Or you donĀ“t scan your movies into the library:

<onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>

That means, that if the library has no content (see the ! in front of the Library.HasContent you will be pointed to the video sources.
Ok, thank you for the comphrensive reply!