Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio playing while locked screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Starting with Kodi 18, audio playing (local files, streaming and DVB-T Radio) stops when I lock the screen on Android devices (phone and tablet).

With Kodi 17 audio playback remains while the locked screen.

I have been searching but I can't find a way to configure it... Is there a way to get the audio playback while locked screen? (advanced settings, addons, Android settings...)

Thanks in advance.
(2019-03-30, 22:54)Twenty Wrote: [ -> ] 
Bump!

Hi all,

My first post.

I'm having the same problem. I've extracted my old cd album collection to .wav files and stream them from my own ftps server. On my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+) it stops streaming 1 - 2 minutes after lock screen. If I press the button to wake the phone the music will start streaming again (I don't need to unlock the phone with password/thumbscan for the playback to start). I've checked/tried instructions to make sure it's not a phone setting that cause the issue. It's not a problem streaming music with Spotify.

Br,
ikMskA
Similar problem on Samsung tablet, Android 9. Note that kodi screen saver is deactivated for all these tests:

Kodi 18 will play music forever if Kodi is in focus, whether screen saver comes on or not, whether screen lock comes on or not. But, if any other app gets focus or I press the Home button, after about 10 minutes (it seems to vary between 9 and 14), Kodi stops. This happens whether on lock screen, after screen saver or if using the tablet in some other app (or settings or home screen). Re-focusing on Kodi restarts Kodi, like it was off or had crashed (logo and then Kodi home screen, previous playlist is gone)

I tried Kodi 17, exact same issue.

I tried Kodi 19 Oct 5 build and it's worse - as soon as kodi loses focus, music playback stops. This includes pressing the Home button, when the screen saver activates or when lock screen activates. However, when re-focusing on kodi, music starts playing again (not always in the exact same spot).

All conditions make using kodi as a music player on the tablet useless.

phil
Same problem. Using Kodi to stream music from SMB has to a Bluetooth speaker. Fine until tablet sleeps or power button pressed. Poweramp works fine, Kodi doesn't seem to run in the background in this circumstance.
And yes, same here. while my other apps happily continue playing music when my screen goes off, Kodi 19 stops playing music on my Android 7.0 phone.
Surely there must be a solution for this, especially when other apps don't present this problem?
so I have been using my Spotify account which is in the UK account but when I try to play a song on it in Dubai it did not play and give me an error so I have to on the VPN to playing the song, but the main concern is that UAE has a vpn uae law. So if anyone knows what to do pls help.
(2021-04-16, 07:42)lawfirm Wrote: [ -> ]but the main concern is that UAE has a vpn uae law.

Sorry, but that is not Kodi's problem. Also carefully read our VPN policy (wiki).
Me too.  Samsung Tab.  Tried the various settings/restarts in KODI and Samsung.  No luck.  Disappointed. Samsung Music works fine.