Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Vobsubs not working in Kodi Leia (Subtitle issues)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since Kodi Leia I have been having issues with later versions of Leia when using Vobsubs. Happened sometime around RC2 and still persists. Seems like it's not just me neither as this post describes the same thing: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2798123

I'm running LibreElec 9.1 and just as that post describes it worked before in earlier versions of Leia so something must've broken along the road. And I believe I have isolated the issue to vobsubs as text based .srt or embedded .srt subtitles are working fine. Subtitles when watching Netflix is working as well. This post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2798821 describes when the issue started (but reports seem to have some versions actually do work in between nightly builds thereafter but it is broken again). Seems like it's not a Linux related issue as it happens on other platforms as well.

Help is much appreciated!
is no one else experiencing this or why isnt this resolved?
(2019-04-13, 18:34)slacker666 Wrote: [ -> ]is no one else experiencing this

You could double-check if the problem already has been reported via Kodi's bug tracker on Github.

(2019-04-13, 18:34)slacker666 Wrote: [ -> ]or why isnt this resolved?

There is unfortunately not a surplus in Kodi developers available for various reasons.

Contrary to popular belief, bugs do not solve themselves by magic. The developers need proper debug logs and need to be able to reproduce the problem(s) themselves to understand them. As soon as enough information is available, things can be set in motion.
(2019-04-13, 22:33)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-13, 18:34)slacker666 Wrote: [ -> ]is no one else experiencing this

You could double-check if the problem already has been reported via Kodi's bug tracker on Github.
(2019-04-13, 18:34)slacker666 Wrote: [ -> ]or why isnt this resolved?

There is unfortunately not a surplus in Kodi developers available for various reasons.

Contrary to popular belief, bugs do not solve themselves by magic. The developers need proper debug logs and need to be able to reproduce the problem(s) themselves to understand them. As soon as enough information is available, things can be set in motion.  
Yes, under normal circumstances logs are very useful but as this is a constant issue when playing a movie with .idx/.sub (vobsubs) it should be easy to reproduce. Sorry if it sounds disrespectful or anything, not my intention, just frustrating Smile

Not certain how to check if an issue is reported or not, but there have been other threads regarding this issue so maybe it already has.
(2019-04-13, 22:37)slacker666 Wrote: [ -> ]Not certain how to check if an issue is reported or not,

Look at the very top of this thread page, there should be a menu item called "BUG TRACKER" in forum menu bar. If you don't have a free Github account yet, simply create one. It's always useful.

Add "subtitle" into the 'Filters' box to find issues on subtitles. Voila! Smile
(2019-04-14, 05:50)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-13, 22:37)slacker666 Wrote: [ -> ]Not certain how to check if an issue is reported or not,

Look at the very top of this thread page, there should be a menu item called "BUG TRACKER" in forum menu bar. If you don't have a free Github account yet, simply create one. It's always useful.

Add "subtitle" into the 'Filters' box to find issues on subtitles. Voila! Smile

Sorry for late reply, but yes it seems to be reported, see this link: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15824