Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: If show's name has an apostrophe it doesn't record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a high-end PC class machine running ubuntu 18.10 with tvheadendlast updated from 4.2.8-4 with four Hauppauge 1191 WinTV-HVR-955Q USB TV Tuners.

The front-end system is Kodi on OSMC on a raspberry pi. Both OSMC and Kodi are updated regularly or automatically.

Most recordings work fine. The failure seems intermittent, but I am not sure this is true. So, waited until a failure occurred.

I am not sure how to debug issues in tvheadend.

I thought maybe one of the tuners failed. So, I opened three channels and was watching a fourth. So, all 4 tv tuners are working.

My recording string is: $t$n.$x, and the path is /home/hts

The recordings look like:
'This Is Us.ts'
'This Week With George Stephanopoulos.ts'
'Wheel of Fortune-1.ts'
'Wheel of Fortune-3.ts'

The recording that failed was Grey's Anatomy. In the Kodi front end, it is marked as recording. The recording seems to start, but the file does not open. At the end of the show, there is no recording or file. I did not check if the file was in /home/hts when the recording started. tvheadend shows the message "File missing"

I am speculating the file name: 'Grey's Anatomy.ts' is not valid. The second apostrophe needs to be escaped or enclosed in double quotes.

Any help would be appreciated.