Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FireTV 2nd Gen - Screen regularly blacks out and sporadic flaky menu behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrading to Leia I have a frustrating issue where when I leave it idle for a while it then blacks out the screen in Kodi.  I can hear the menu items click, but no menu.  The only way to get it back is to kill the app and restart it.  I notice when I do restart it displays a message Starting Kodi for the first time.  This happens every single time I leave it idle.  

- I've tried playing around with Firetv screen saver settings... Kodi screen saver settings and no luck.   
- Tried uninstalling reinstalling app.
- Tried a completely new library (set up against mysql)
- Only errors I see in the log are the MyMusic DB cannot be found, but I don't use kodi for music so I don't bother setting it up.

Another behavior that is sporadic is occasionally the menu will just stop working correctly. e.g. Items don't fully paint... Menu items when clicked do not do anything.

I've been using Kodi for a long time, and this has been the most problematic version I've worked with on FireTV.  I'm stumped on this issue.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2019-04-09, 14:10)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

I've collected debug logs.  I've narrowed the issue to occurring when my FireTV turns off the Display.  When I wake my FireTV the FireTV menu is fine, but when I go to Kodi it's blacked out and I hear menu clicks.  (That's if I leave Kodi running without exiting) The debug log indicates "Invalid GUI Shader selected".   See logs here:  https://paste.kodi.tv/xecenujulu.kodi