Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 video stopping during playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Re post, hopefully not in violation of forum rules this time, sorry)

Hello,

1st post but I've had some help from searching this forum, but could never find a direct solution to this problem. So I'm posting here in the hope of helping others.

The errors I got were:

2019-04-07 17:50:00.940 T:15113   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Failure when receiving data from the peer(56)
2019-04-07 17:50:00.940 T:15113 WARNING: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Reconnect, (re)try 1
2019-04-07 17:50:01.041 T:15113   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)
2019-04-07 17:53:39.602 T:15085  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()

CCurlFile would fail during buffer, and then give up after a single retry. When the buffered video ran out the player would exit.

To solve this I added to my advancedsettings.xml:

<network>
  <curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout> <!-- Timeout in seconds for libcurl (http/ftp) connections -->
  <curllowspeedtime>20</curllowspeedtime> <!-- Time in seconds for libcurl to consider a connection lowspeed -->
  <curlretries>10</curlretries> 
</network>

The important thing here is the curlretries. I now see in the logs "Reconnect, (re)try 2" etc until it reconnects and continues to buffer. 

I don't know if previous versions of Kodi had more retries by default, or something else in the networking stack has changed, but either way these are my findings.

Thanks
(2019-04-10, 11:41)wazdaka Wrote: [ -> ](Re post, hopefully not in violation of forum rules this time, sorry)

If your Kodi setup still has one or more banned repositories and/or add-ons installed, the violution still applies. Please re-read the forum rules (wiki) to be sure.

If you still want support, always provide the full debug log (wiki) (not a edited or abbreviated version) so we can see and investigate all relevant details. Posting just a couple of lines from a log is insufficient.
No banned repositories. 
Not looking for support which was why I posted a partial log.
Just hoping to help others with the same issue after Kodi 18 upgrade, if that's not what this forum is about then feel free to delete my post and I'll shuffle on.