Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sony Android TV - Windows 10 Sharing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
for couple of years I'm solving a problem with sharing folders on my computer (Windows 10, full updated) and NOT SEEING this sharings on KODI (only KODI) at Android (on other Windows device, I see it), more accurately at my Sony KDL-50W809C (2014? i think) Android TV (7.0). When I add server manually, everytime it's working like a charm, but when I try select Windows (SMB), this time, 'error 2: share not available' is appearing.

Windows is clean install. Working group (in network) name changed from WORKGROUP to HOME (but when it's not changed, it's not working at all), Working group name is changed in KODI also. On Windows, SMBv1 disabled (SMB Direct enabled). In KODI, minimum SMB version set to v3, max. also.

Not only my Android TV, but also on my Android phone (BlackBerry KeyOne) I'm not able to see it.

Like I said, KODI is only app which is not seeing my sharings. Every other apps which supports that (VLC, PotPlayer, any file manager) show it properly and I can go in, after write down credentials.

I'm signed in BETA program for KODI.

I don't want to adding my servers manually, I want to solve this problem and seeing my computers in smb network. In older versions of KODI, SOMETIMES, when I had enabled SMBv1 on Windows, it was working, but really SOMETIMES. Almost everytime there was some kind of that problem (time out, other error messages, ...). I was trying to set up WINS server, but I'm not sure what to do for it, only set IP of my PC which is sharing the folders not working, also router/modem IP.

My network topology is USP Modem -> LAN to router and PCs, router is in AP mode and broadcasts WiFi -> Android devices are on the WiFi. When I connect it to LAN, nothing changed.

Any suggestions?