Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Build error (undefined reference to 'Matrix4Mul(float*, float const*)')
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody, this is is my first post!
So, shortly I'm unable to build Kodi 18.1 release from scratch. Below i will provide you, as much informations as I can.
Hi to all, and thank you very much.

Distributor IDDebian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9.8 (stretch)
Release: 9.8
Codename:  stretch
Forum OS thread: click to visit OS thread
Github OS linkclick here to visit Github repository of the OS
​​
uname -am: 
Linux rockpro64 4.4.171 #1 SMP Thu Mar 14 22:32:54 EDT 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Hardware: RockPro64 SBC is powered by a Rockchip RK3399 Hexa-Core (dual ARM Cortex A72 and quad ARM Cortex A53) 64-Bit Processor with MALI T-860 Quad-Core GPU. The ROCKPro64 is equipped with 4GB LPDDR4 system memory and 128Mb SPI boot Flash.

Kodi version to build: release 18.1 Leia

I'm trying to compile with these commands, the Github 18.1 release (from: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...E.Linux.md): 
1) 
cmake:
cmake ../kodi -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local
  Click here for configuration log ^
2) 
cmake:
cmake --build . -- VERBOSE=1 -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN)
 Click here for build log ^

Errors that end everything (these that are not present in build.txt file that I provided) are:
https://pastebin.com/rrbNQQCT

I tried to change :
Code:
#if defined(HAS_NEON) && !defined(LP64) #include "utils/CPUInfo.h"
void Matrix4Mul(float* src_mat_1, const float* src_mat_2);
#endif
to:
Code:
Matrix4Mul(float* src_mat_1, const float* src_mat_2);

in every line of file MatrixGL.cpp (xbmc/xbmc/rendering/gl/), but without results.

Here my CMakeError.log and my CMakeOutput.log

I hope that someone can help me! Thank you in advance.
You already were told on github what to do.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/1589...-481863120

You can't build GL/Xorg variant for rockchip hardware because of mali drivers crap which are closed source, don't provide proper OpenGL (hence the error you are seeing) and can't be fixed by community.
Build GLES/gbm variant.
(2019-04-11, 18:13)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]You already were told on github what to do.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/1589...-481863120

You can't build GL/Xorg variant for rockchip hardware because of mali drivers crap which are closed source, don't provide proper OpenGL (hence the error you are seeing) and can't be fixed by community.
Build GLES/gbm variant.
Yes, i tried with what he told me, but I'm getting the same error on kodi-gbm and on kodi-wayland builds. Nothing changed, always the same error regarding MatrixGL.cpp . Maybe I'm forgetting to do something before building? I tried to switch to gbm before compiling, but i get a blank screen only, till I return to console, and I launch startx.
Your logs show that your are building for xorg not for gbm.
You may want to nuke your build directory and start over while making sure you use
cmake:
 -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=gbm -DGBM_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles
in your configure line.
(2019-04-11, 21:40)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]Your logs show that your are building for xorg not for gbm.
You may want to nuke your build directory and start over while making sure you use
cmake:
in your configure line.

I redid everything:
Code:
Code:
mkdir kodi-build; cd kodi-build;
Code:
cmake ../kodi -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=gbm -DGBM_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles
Code:
This is my (new, gbm) CMakeError.log and this is my CMakeOutput.log
(2019-04-11, 21:49)3xvd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-11, 21:40)asavah Wrote: [ -> ]Your logs show that your are building for xorg not for gbm.
cmake:
in your configure line.

I redid everything:
Code:
Code:
mkdir kodi-build; cd kodi-build;
Code:
cmake ../kodi -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=gbm -DGBM_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles
Code:
This is my (new, gbm) CMakeError.log and this is my CMakeOutput.log 
I'm bound to install Android, to have Kodi/Netflix/Chrome, I won't be able to continue with the compilation because client needs are changed.