Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Visible File Path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologize if this isn't the correct way to add a feature request, or if it's already available and I just don't know how to enable/access it.

I've noticed that many other skins include a way to see the file path on videos, but I haven't seen a way to do this in the Amber skin.
For some skins, it's always visible when you view the video information, while others only show it when you've highlighted a specific option, like Refresh. Either way would be wondering to add to this excellent skin.
(2019-04-13, 21:17)dynamiccookies Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize if this isn't the correct way to add a feature request, or if it's already available and I just don't know how to enable/access it.

I've noticed that many other skins include a way to see the file path on videos, but I haven't seen a way to do this in the Amber skin.
For some skins, it's always visible when you view the video information, while others only show it when you've highlighted a specific option, like Refresh. Either way would be wondering to add to this excellent skin.
@dynamiccookies , thanks for your request.  The path is already there in the video information dialog.  Press Up from the buttons and you can go down the list of information there (genre, runtime, country, etc.) The path is the last item in the list.  See this screenshot:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFiMQn2Ci7kX8zY4VhBg

Please take a look and confirm if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-14, 00:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-13, 21:17)dynamiccookies Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize if this isn't the correct way to add a feature request, or if it's already available and I just don't know how to enable/access it.

@dynamiccookies , thanks for your request.  The path is already there in the video information dialog.  Press Up from the buttons and you can go down the list of information there (genre, runtime, country, etc.) The path is the last item in the list.  See this screenshot:

Regards,

Bart 
Bart, thank you for replying so quickly.
I never realized that was there before. Thank you for sharing that information with me. 
However, I suppose I should have been more clear in my request. Not only would the path be helpful, but also the filename. 

In my situation, I name my files uniquely based on some of the video attributes. When a file needs to be replaced, it gets added to the folder but does not automatically replace the old file. This way, I can compare the two to confirm the new file is what I want. However, in manually removing the file, it would be very nice to see the exact filename and path through Kodi so that I can verify I'm deleting the correct file. 

I do realize there are a number of other ways I can confirm this, and I do have a workaround right now. However, I've seen at least a couple other skins that include the path and filename, and that would be absolutely ideal.
(2019-04-14, 02:55)dynamiccookies Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-14, 00:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart  
I never realized that was there before. Thank you for sharing that information with me. 
However, I suppose I should have been more clear in my request. Not only would the path be helpful, but also the filename. 

In my situation, I name my files uniquely based on some of the video attributes. When a file needs to be replaced, it gets added to the folder but does not automatically replace the old file. This way, I can compare the two to confirm the new file is what I want. However, in manually removing the file, it would be very nice to see the exact filename and path through Kodi so that I can verify I'm deleting the correct file. 

I do realize there are a number of other ways I can confirm this, and I do have a workaround right now. However, I've seen at least a couple other skins that include the path and filename, and that would be absolutely ideal. 
@dynamiccookies , understood and changed it to show the filename as well; it is already changed on Git.  Please download, test, and let me know if you find any addtional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-14, 04:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-14, 02:55)dynamiccookies Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-14, 00:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@dynamiccookies , thanks for your request.  The path is already there in the video information dialog.  Press Up from the buttons and you can go down the list of information there (genre, runtime, country, etc.) The path is the last item in the list.  See this screenshot:

Regards,

Bart  

@dynamiccookies , understood and changed it to show the filename as well; it is already changed on Git.  Please download, test, and let me know if you find any addtional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for! You're awesome! I love this skin!