Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wildcards in Smart Playlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see this request going back at least to 2013. By wildcard, I mean the ability to place *.* or something like that in the value field. As it is, you have to explicitly type a value or values. For example, I use Movie Sets extensively. To locate movies that have not yet had a movie set defined (I call them orphans), I have to use the string "Movie Set does not contain" and list every movie set I have, individually. There's every opportunity for error, especially when changing, adding, or removing a set, thus rendering the playlist invalid. It would be much simpler to enter a wildcard character in place of the list of sets. Judging from the requests over the years, there are other users who could use such a feature, but perhaps it's a matter of a small number of user requests.

An alternative would be to provide a way to use a more restrictive value like "any". Then the query would be "Movie Set does not contain any" to search for a blank value in the Movie Set field.
I was about to point you to this thread until I realised you are the same person I was helping there... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331947

I cannot see the need to list every movie individually in the Rules. So what has changed?