Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music playback stops when tv turned off - nvidia shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read several topics (ex: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341266) but didn't find any solution yet.

Here's the issue : since update to Leia, when TV is turned off, music playback stops and only with Kodi (it worked fine with Kodi 17).

I own a nvidia shield TV (2017 model), video through HDMI to a LG TV, sound through an USB card between the shield and a stereo amplifier (RCA input). This set-up has been built so that the tv doesn't have to be on while listening to music. This explains my decision to split video and audio.

Let's say that the TV is on and music launched :
  • If I turn off the TV, music stops
  • If HDMI cable is unplugged (on the shield or the TV), music stops
  • When I switch HDMI source on TV, music doesn't stop
When TV is off, I use Yatse to play music : the shield is on, Kodi is connected (and found by Yatse) but nothing happens (even with Yatse remote starter)
In any case, the shield is never off.

The HDMI inputs used on the TV are "non-ARC".
I've tested with Youtube app on the Shield : playback continues, even if the TV is turned off.

I modified several settings in Kodi, the Shield or the TV (CEC audio/video, screensaver, etc.).

Any idea ?
(2019-04-14, 20:41)Mikeul Wrote: [ -> ]I read several topics (ex: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341266) but didn't find any solution yet.

Here's the issue : since update to Leia, when TV is turned off, music playback stops and only with Kodi (it worked fine with Kodi 17).

I own a nvidia shield TV (2017 model), video through HDMI to a LG TV, sound through an USB card between the shield and a stereo amplifier (RCA input). This set-up has been built so that the tv doesn't have to be on while listening to music. This explains my decision to split video and audio.

Let's say that the TV is on and music launched :
  • If I turn off the TV, music stops
  • If HDMI cable is unplugged (on the shield or the TV), music stops
  • When I switch HDMI source on TV, music doesn't stop
When TV is off, I use Yatse to play music : the shield is on, Kodi is connected (and found by Yatse) but nothing happens (even with Yatse remote starter)
In any case, the shield is never off.

The HDMI inputs used on the TV are "non-ARC".
I've tested with Youtube app on the Shield : playback continues, even if the TV is turned off.

I modified several settings in Kodi, the Shield or the TV (CEC audio/video, screensaver, etc.).

Any idea ? 
I posted about this previously and the response was this was an intentional change that audio is cut if the tv is off.
(2019-04-15, 13:59)tt4079 Wrote: [ -> ] 
(2019-04-14, 20:41)Mikeul Wrote: [ -> ]...
I posted about this previously and the response was this was an intentional change that audio is cut if the tv is off. 

I read your topic. Intentional with HDMI, but fritsch confirms it's a side effect for SPDIF (or USB out in my case). Hope it could be solved (or I should downgrade, which is a pain in the ass)
Any plan to fix this issue ?