Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Channels not loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2019-08-02, 17:03)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]We're a volunteer team with very limited resources. So items that affect specific providers and a limited number of users are not going to get priority over more important ones. If your provider chose to block Kodi then that's their decision and nothing we can do about it. We aren't going to start gernally masquerading as VLC just for them.

We would love it to be otherwise, but the its up to the developers on how they want to spend their time. And comments like "thank you guys" (especially repeated ones) don't come across as ironical, they come across as self-important, self-entitled and snippy. if that's not how they were meant then fine, but in any case they aren't likely to make anyone want to take more of an interest.

Again you miss the point completely, but ehi, let's close the matter and use our time fruitfully. Thanks for the compliments however.
(2019-08-02, 13:30)pavipollo Wrote: [ -> ]Well, since neither the developer of IPTV Simple Client nor Kodi's Big Shots gave a sh** about this problem (thanks guys!) which rendered IPTV Simple Client unusable to me, I had to dive into the deep (for me) and find a solution myself, which I did. So, I don't know wether my solution will help others but I am happy to share it. Apparently the problem was the User Agent that Kodi uses by default, which was not recognized (anymore?) by my provider: no idea wether Kodi changed User Agent without saying it (in which case, thanks guys!) or my provider changed something, but anyway I solved the conundrum by adding "|User-Agent=VLC" at the end of my lines, and now everything works again! In other words my lines now look like this:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="" tvg-logo="" group-title="",The Channel I Want To Watch
http://dummy.com/numberofthechannelIwant...-Agent=VLC

Hope it can help!

Good Sir, I'm trying to follow your fix, can you expand on your fix a little for me. Are you editing the M3U list ( I've never done that ) or putting this somewhere else. Sorry, If I'm a little slow but I've spent countless hours trying to get this to work successfully and I'm a bit frustrated at this point. Thanks in advance.
(2019-08-05, 12:23)bobr1157 Wrote: [ -> ]Good Sir, I'm trying to follow your fix, can you expand on your fix a little for me. Are you editing the M3U list ( I've never done that ) or putting this somewhere else. Sorry, If I'm a little slow but I've spent countless hours trying to get this to work successfully and I'm a bit frustrated at this point. Thanks in advance. 

Yes, I edited the m3u file adding "|User-Agent=VLC" (without "") at the end of the link to the channels
I'm having the same problems. All of the sudden, channels are not loaded anymore. Strangely enough, when I use a free m3u list, such as snip, it seems to work.
@pieranja - that list is very much the kind of thing that violates our piracy policy (wiki) and is utterly unsupported here.

You'll probably find that they aren't loading as the copyright owner will have discovered the dodgy server that is hosting them and had it shut down.
(2019-06-02, 05:31)skleist29s Wrote: [ -> ]For me the problem was solved, when I unchecked
"Cache m3u at local storage"
in
"Settings - PVR IPTV Simple Client"
That fixed my issue too. Thanks
(2019-08-02, 13:30)pavipollo Wrote: [ -> ]Well, since neither the developer of IPTV Simple Client nor Kodi's Big Shots gave a sh** about this problem (thanks guys!) which rendered IPTV Simple Client unusable to me, I had to dive into the deep (for me) and find a solution myself, which I did. So, I don't know wether my solution will help others but I am happy to share it. Apparently the problem was the User Agent that Kodi uses by default, which was not recognized (anymore?) by my provider: no idea wether Kodi changed User Agent without saying it (in which case, thanks guys!) or my provider changed something, but anyway I solved the conundrum by adding "|User-Agent=VLC" at the end of my lines, and now everything works again! In other words my lines now look like this:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="" tvg-logo="" group-title="",The Channel I Want To Watch
http://dummy.com/numberofthechannelIwant...-Agent=VLC

Hope it can help!

Hello, there!
You seem to have solved this problem...can you help me through the solution please?
Where should I include "|User-Agent=VLC"?
To be clear, I am new to coding and have little-to-no knowloedge about this, so I would be gratefull it if you could include all the "obvious" details (lol)
Thanks!
Federico.
You append it to the end of the URLs in your M3U file.
Hi team,

I am playing a .m3u8 file and it works fine on Chrome with the plugin HLS Player. I'm trying to use it on IPTV Simple, the channels load but KODI does not load the channel. 

Here the .m3u8 file I am trying to edit: https://paste.kodi.tv/isocapizax

As you can see I tried to append the |User-Agent=VLC thing on the file, but it still doesn't work.

Any hints are really appreciated!

Thanks!
That is a HLS file for a single stream.

The m3u8 that get loaded into iptv simple is in a specific format and is a playlist for many streams of that type.

If you want to test that file you should put its URL in a file ending with “.strm” and open it as a regular video file.
Hi @phunkyfish !

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean a file looking like this?: https://paste.kodi.tv/yatunezili

and rename it mystream.strm?

If so, how can I open this file on KODI?

Thanks!
No, put that URL in a file called my stream.strm and then open via Kodi's video menu. It would need to be placed somewhere Kodi can read from.
Hi @phunkyfish !

Thanks, is this file format?: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oxBDUbg...sp=sharing

I pased the URL in a file called mystream.strm

I tried to pick it in KODI's video menu but I could not find it (I made sure it was in the right path).

Thanks in advance!
Ok, you are getting closer Wink

What platform do you run on and maybe we can figure out where to put the file.
bonjour j'ai pris un abonnement IPTV  (m3u_plus) mais les chaines ne téléchargent pas. savez vous pourquoi??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7