Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Force update of video media info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've replaced some of my SD videos with HD equivalents, and in some cases I have replaced 720p versions with the 1080p version.. But I can't find any way to update this when looking at the movie information. 

I have tried removing the video from the library, and doing a video library cleanup, then updating the library, but the video is added back with the original video reolution..

Is there any way to update the video information in the database other than deleting the video database file and rescanning... Or is there a program add on that does this?
(2019-04-14, 23:23)activoice Wrote: [ -> ]I've replaced some of my SD videos with HD equivalents, and in some cases I have replaced 720p versions with the 1080p version.. But I can't find any way to update this when looking at the movie information. 

I have tried removing the video from the library, and doing a video library cleanup, then updating the library, but the video is added back with the original video reolution..

Is there any way to update the video information in the database other than deleting the video database file and rescanning... Or is there a program add on that does this?
I think this "bug" has been fixed in Kodi 18.2 (soon to be released, I hope). At least, I've had this same issue but when I played with a 18.2 RC version a few days ago I could update the media info by playing the video in question for a few seconds then stopping it. After doing this, the media flags (resolution, audio, etc.) were updated.
(2019-04-14, 23:32)whysoserious Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-14, 23:23)activoice Wrote: [ -> ]I've replaced some of my SD videos with HD equivalents, and in some cases I have replaced 720p versions with the 1080p version.. But I can't find any way to update this when looking at the movie information. 

I think this "bug" has been fixed in Kodi 18.2 (soon to be released, I hope). At least, I've had this same issue but when I played with a 18.2 RC version a few days ago I could update the media info by playing the video in question for a few seconds then stopping it. After doing this, the media flags (resolution, audio, etc.) were updated. 
Ok great, I was pretty sure that in Krypton playing the video forced this update, but couldn't say for sure.. It definitely doesn't work in the current version of Leia. 

Thanks
Fixed... 15589 (PR)

Also similar issue... 15896 (GH issue)