Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Small portable native 1080p projector (LG PF50KS, XGIMI Z6...)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I had Aodin D13 projector (848x480, 4K input support, Android 7.1, 2GB RAM, internal battery, 4K h265 support).
The projector was nice but resolution somewhat limited, plus someone stole it like 2 months after I bought it. :-(

Now I'm thinking about something similar, but with higher resolution. I'm thinking about full HD.
After long research, I found out 90% of projectors are running obsolete Android 4.4. and looks like the only 1080p battery run projector with OS is the LG PF50KS. It's native 1080p, battery, relatively small size and it's having OS. The downside it the OS is WebOS, not Android.

Another interesting projector seem to be XGIMI Z6 which also has 1080p, Android 6 and 4 point corner adjustment, but missing battery. Some people mention blurry corners. Perhaps LG is better in this case.

I'm wondering which of these two projectors you think is better (if you have any experience with them) and if it would be possible to power the Xgimi Z6 with some external power bank (LG has USB 3 and it's possible to charge it from external battery to extend battery life). For me portable not only means small, but also being able to run on battery...

Thanks for replies...
I have no personal experience but I would definitely get the LG. Use an external player if you absolutely must have android. The firmware built into these android projectors is likely to be problematic and outdated.
In the end I got Philips Picopix Max https://picopix.com and it's pretty good, except not 100% of my movies play well on it (not necesarilly new ones, actually more often some old rips in lower resolution).