Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Refresh rate switching not working for SD H264 files @ 23.976fps (Nvidia Shield)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Not sure how long this has been going on for but I've recently noticed that when attempting to play any SD (480p or 576p) H264 files that are 23.976fps, the refresh rate does not switch on my TV. It works perfectly fine for Full HD and UHD mkv files.
My debug log is available here irazoqaral (paste)
It seems that since it can't match the SD resolution to the whitelist (of which I have every available resolution and refresh rate selected) it just plays it at 4K/59.94Hz...
I've tried setting kodi to 1080p with no luck. I'm almost certain this was working in version 17.6 but I can no longer check that.
This is on an NVidia shield by the way.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
OK, small update. If I set the refresh rate in Kodi to 60Hz rather than 59.94 the refresh rate switching now works... Not sure why that would make a difference.
Hi,

I have the same issue that suddenly appeared for no apparent reason.
I assume this is due to a recent update?

I'm using the latest version of Kodi 18.1 (Git:20190410-b6745d835c) on an Nvidia Shield TV 8.0.0.

I confirm that the workaround given above (set Kodi to 60 Hz) works.