Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sets and Artowrks in a network environment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

There is something i am dealing with since several days that is driving me mad !!
I have been reading lots of things on sets and how to manage them in Kodi, but i really don't understand how it works for artworks. 
I own three differents Kodi, all of them working with MySql Database and a synology Nas for years
At the moment i am building a fourth Kodi, after giving him the data base, shared files and settings, all work well thumbs, fanart and so on

BUT ... on sets, i do not have any artworks. Looking on the other kodi, i can see that set's artworks are different between each machine. Since then i try to understand how sets are organised in kodi's data.

In the MySql database i found a table ... that doesn't contain a lot of things, in the nfo file of the movie i can see the <set> tag but i did not find anything else. Specialy the place where artworks for the sets are stored.

I thought that on Leia sets had been revisited but can't find anymore where i have been reading it.

If anyone can give me directions on understanding sets and the way their datas is organized ?

Thanks in advance for any information ...

Vincent (from France sorry for my poor English)
@vm006

Kodi has limited functionality with Sets and Local Artwork, something that we are hoping will be changed for v19.
For a description of all Movie Set Artwork available, read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Movie_set_artwork

The Universal Movie Scraper has been updated to allow you to scrape Extended Artwork.
Read here for the 3 requirements... 2811881 (post)

If you use local movie set artwork, then you will need to use Artwork Beef... 258886 (thread)
Set up a central folder that contains your Movie Set Artwork as shown here... 2781906 (post) Then Artwork Beef will search this folder and cache the artwork in Kodi.
(2019-04-25, 23:31)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@vm006

Kodi has limited functionality with Sets and Local Artwork, something that we are hoping will be changed for v19.
For a description of all Movie Set Artwork available, read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Movie_set_artwork

The Universal Movie Scraper has been updated to allow you to scrape Extended Artwork.
Read here for the 3 requirements... 2811881 (post)

If you use local movie set artwork, then you will need to use Artwork Beef... 258886 (thread)
Set up a central folder that contains your Movie Set Artwork as shown here... 2781906 (post) Then Artwork Beef will search this folder and cache the artwork in Kodi.
Thank you so much Karellen, i just had time to get an eye on the link but it looks very interesting.
I will read them with more attention, make some tries and come back to ...more questions or say that i am ok Smile