Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
How much does it cost to grab artwork contributed to your website?  I signed up and visited and was met with "this section is for premium members only".
(2020-01-23, 17:13)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]How much does it cost to grab artwork contributed to your website?  I signed up and visited and was met with "this section is for premium members only".

It's free. Which page gave that error?

Maybe logout and login again?
Thanks.  Yes, now it works for me.
(2020-01-23, 17:37)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.  Yes, now it works for me.
Great!

Of course donations are always welcome! Wink
Added new actresses (done to post #801 - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2915376)
Thanks to @Konon new character posters have been added!
Great job, Thank you!
Smile
Thanks to @Konon new character posters have been added!
Added new actresses (done to post #852 - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2925925)
How see other people the future of this site?

I see a lot of artwork being added by just a couple of people (which is really great), I also see a lot of people register on this site, but I also see the following:
- No donations anymore for quite some time (and hosting a site really costs money)
- Kodi add-ons seem not to use the available APIs

My conclusion: apparently there's no need for a site like this.

So my question to all: What needs to be changed to keep this site alive?

- Is there a need to write an own Kodi add-on which retrieves (additional) artwork, like ArtworkBeef?
- More people adding artwork?
(2020-03-23, 14:50)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]- Kodi add-ons seem not to use the available APIs
None of the Kodi scrapers are using KyraDB.

The scrapers are currently in limbo...
- XML scrapers are slowly being phased out, so no new features are being added, only fixes, but if someone were to submit the update for TheMovieDB scraper or Universal Movie Scraper, I am sure @olympia would merge it
- A Python scraper has been written by @rmrector but it does not even use fanart.tv, so I doubt KyraDB will be incorporated. There is talk of an enhanced version of this scraper, but no work has commenced. It may be a good idea to discuss it with rmrector.
(2020-03-23, 18:53)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-23, 14:50)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]- Kodi add-ons seem not to use the available APIs

- XML scrapers are slowly being phased out, so no new features are being added, only fixes, but if someone were to submit the update for TheMovieDB scraper or Universal Movie Scraper, I am sure @olympia would merge it
- A Python scraper has been written by @rmrector but it does not even use fanart.tv, so I doubt KyraDB will be incorporated. There is talk of an enhanced version of this scraper, but no work has commenced. It may be a good idea to discuss it with rmrector.  
I would be happy to create a new scraper (from scratch if needed) as long as I know people are going to support it (financially).
(2020-03-25, 13:19)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-23, 18:53)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]

I would be happy to create a new scraper (from scratch if needed) as long as I know people are going to support it (financially). 

Artwork beef is the only way to get the KyraDb
BTW, many times I get an error from API with "wrong user or API key" and they are okay.

Regards.
(2020-04-01, 15:36)HRSCR Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, many times I get an error from API with "wrong user or API key" and they are okay.

Regards.

It could be the service is busy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13