Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 Build Crashes When Starting Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm starting work on getting Artist Slideshow to be Python 2/3 ready.  Thanks to the link in the other thread I started, I was able to build 18.2 with Python 3 support on my Mac.  It launches fine, but when I start Artist Slideshow from the addons list (which is just a way of doing some basic test of the code), Kodi freezes and then finally crashes.  Here's the debug log (although I didn't see anything interesting in it).

https://pastebin.com/QGjwHmB1

The AS code I'm testing is available to view on GitHub in case that would help:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...ew-version

Thanks.
I suspect two things, the debug log doesnt show the actual failure as you said due to kodi freezing and crashing.
1. In your advanced settings
 <audio> <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer> </audio>
dvdplayer hasn't been part of Kodi since 17.0. May be that is an issue

2. The dependency addons that you are using may not be py3 ready.
Code:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/migration/
Please download those addons from the link above, install manually from zip and see if it helps
(2019-04-28, 00:38)gujal Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect two things, the debug log doesnt show the actual failure as you said due to kodi freezing and crashing.
1. In your advanced settings
 <audio> <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer> </audio>
dvdplayer hasn't been part of Kodi since 17.0. May be that is an issue

2. The dependency addons that you are using may not be py3 ready.
Code:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/migration/
Please download those addons from the link above, install manually from zip and see if it helps 
Thanks for the suggestions.  I removed everything from my advanced settings except for the line that enables debug logging and then downloaded all addons from the mirror as you suggested.  No change.  I didn't mention before, but I'm testing this in a dedicated user account, so this was, in essence, a clean Kodi install.  I think for now I'm going to set this aside and go back to some other work I have to do on AS.  I ran everything through futurize (and fixed anything with some version logic for things that need specific 2.x/3.x code) and changed over to use Kodi Six for strings.  So for now that will have to do until I can test with Python 3.