Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there a way to delete files directly from the Movies or TV Shows tabs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know about the option to be able to delete files within Kodi, but it requires that I actually go to "Videos" and then find the correct source folder to delete the file.  I'm looking for a way to do it from the "Movies" tab.  Maybe this feature has been implemented in a newer version of Kodi (I'm still on Jarvis) but I don't want to upgrade if I don't have to since newer versions don't run as well on my old boxes.  Is there a trick that I don't know or maybe a plugin that I can install to be able to delete files from my network drives via the Movies or TV Shows tabs?
A trick... Which files exactly are you referring to?

Via the Kodi libraries:
- For movies, only the movie video file gets deleted. Other files like subtitles, nfo and fanart are not deleted. Just because some lazy people place multiple movies into one folder.
- For tv shows, the entire tv show folder is deleted when deleting the selected show.

Via the File Manager:
- You can delete everything including the videos, the library will be unaffected but basically will hold corrupted data after that.

You may have to enable the Rename and Delete option within the Kodi menu GUI.
Not much has changed on Kodi 18.
I actually use the Rename and Delete option now. But like I said, to do that it makes me go into videos>files>(Movies1 folder for example) to delete the video file. I’m not worried about deleting other files this way like subs and nfo files since they don’t take up that much space. I can always clean those up later.

I would like to delete directly from the Movies tab simply because I have several movie folders spread across several drives and from time to time I need to clean house. It’s kind of a pain to browse the Movies tab that contains everything combined and then have to figure out what movie folder and drive contains the movie I want to delete, then back out and go to videos>files and navigate to the correct folder to be able to delete the movie.
You can only delete from the Movie listing page, not from Confluence's/Estuary's home screen.

When you are in the movie listing page, simply press the DEL button on your keyboard (or select the Manage / Remove from library option from the context menu), and subsequently you will be asked to also delete the actual file from the video source. Your movie is then out of the library and wiped from your drive.
(2019-04-29, 13:04)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]You can only delete from the Movie listing page, not from Confluence's/Estuary's home screen.

When you are in the movie listing page, simply press the DEL button on your keyboard (or select the Manage / Remove from library option from the context menu), and subsequently you will be asked to also delete the actual file from the video source. Your movie is then out of the library and wiped from your drive.

THANK YOU!  I didn't realize that there was another question after "do you want to remove this from the library", which I knew wouldn't actually remove the file so I never did it before.  This is exactly what I was looking for.