Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: The TVDB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The service isn't working for me. Their website times out and the Facebook page doesn't take messages etc.

Does anyone know if there is an issue?
It is working for me.

Provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape a tv show.
(2019-04-29, 05:47)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]It is working for me.

Provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape a tv show.

Before I try to provide a log, the reason I posted on the forum is because I'm not able to get into TVDB on my PC, Facebook and of course my Raspberry.

I've switched off my Kaspersky and Malwarebytes to no effect.

I'm in the Philippines - could it be that?
(2019-04-29, 06:18)johnrxx99 Wrote: [ -> ]m not able to get into TVDB on my PC, Facebook and of course my Raspberry
I'm not really sure what you mean by that.

Do you mean you cannot visit their website or do you mean you cannot scrape your tv shows using their scraper add-on?
(2019-04-29, 06:39)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-29, 06:18)johnrxx99 Wrote: [ -> ]m not able to get into TVDB on my PC, Facebook and of course my Raspberry
I'm not really sure what you mean by that.

Do you mean you cannot visit their website or do you mean you cannot scrape your tv shows using their scraper add-on? 
Sorry. I mean I can neither scrape the TV show data on the add-on nor get the website on the internet nor their Facebook page. Nada. On the internet I get Error 522 - .....something is hogging resources. Could they have cut off locations because they have server issues or just too many requests?

I'm trying to find out here because I have no way to contact them.
I\
(2019-04-29, 06:48)johnrxx99 Wrote: [ -> ]Could they have cut off locations because they have server issues or just too many requests?
I had trouble with their site and their forum yesterday with Cloudflare errors, so I think it is just a transient problem. But no problems today.

If you don't want to provide a Debug Log, wait a few hours and see if it has improved.
(2019-04-29, 06:53)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I\
(2019-04-29, 06:48)johnrxx99 Wrote: [ -> ]Could they have cut off locations because they have server issues or just too many requests?
I had trouble with their site and their forum yesterday with Cloudflare errors, so I think it is just a transient problem. But no problems today.

If you don't want to provide a Debug Log, wait a few hours and see if it has improved. 
OK. It's been 5 days now! If there is any way you could get a message to them I'd be most grateful - perhaps Game of Thrones is messing them up, lol.
Oh, 5 days is excessive. No use posting on their forum as they are completely unhelpful and it is on the verge of being a dead forum. The two moderators that do respond will be unable to do anything anyway.

Why don't you try TheMovieDB scraper for TV Shows? We changed to them as the default scraper about 6 months, due to the unreliability of TVDB.
(2019-04-29, 07:04)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, 5 days is excessive. No use posting on their forum as they are completely unhelpful and it is on the verge of being a dead forum. The two moderators that do respond will be unable to do anything anyway.

Why don't you try TheMovieDB scraper for TV Shows? We changed to them as the default scraper about 6 months, due to the unreliability of TVDB.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Will give a try. Cheers
Ok, let us know if it works for you.

Just remember the following because you are changing scrapers...

1. If you are adding new TV Shows, all ok.
2. If you are adding new episodes to a TV Show in your library, then you need to Refresh the TV Show (not the episodes) to download the new <episodeguide> URL for TheMovieDB and replace the one from TVDB.
(2019-04-29, 07:34)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, let us know if it works for you.

Just remember the following because you are changing scrapers...

1. If you are adding new TV Shows, all ok.
2. If you are adding new episodes to a TV Show in your library, then you need to Refresh the TV Show (not the episodes) to download the new <episodeguide> URL for TheMovieDB and replace the one from TVDB.
I've installed the Movie DB but my raspberry defaults to TVDB even for new shows. How do you refresh etc?
I should add, I go and refresh in an already added series and try to not load, or load from the internet and  TVDB is still default.
Refresh... as shown in this image... https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Information_Page

You have to add the scraper to the Source. Find your TV Show Source > Context Menu > Set Content. Then change TVDB to TheMovieDB. If it is not there, use the Get More button and download it.
See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources#Set_Content
Very many thanks, that did it.

Cheers, John
Great!! I'll mark this as solved.

Thread marked solved.
Pages: 1 2