Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Considering switch from Nuc box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Long time user of windows based systems.  I have currently have 3 boxes and one just died.  The last box Iinstalled was a nuc i7 running windows 10...this was the most difficult to setup with my unraid server's. (its working ok now).

I have just reviewed the hardware thread (its great BTW).  For my new box I would like to consider a non-windows solution.  Price is NOT an issue.

Requirements:

1. I would have to control it with the official Kodi remote app 
2. Flawless playback/HD audio 
3. Direct LAN connection to my network
3. I don't use any skins

When I reviewed the recommended HD thread there seemed to be less mention of NUCs, I presume b/c the development of these linux distributions has caught/surpassed win 10 based solutions.  Based on my review of the thread this seems like a good choice.

AMLogic S905D, S905X, S905W and S912 devices running DIY LibreELEC Kodi Krypton or CoreELEC Kodi Leia(click)

Any thoughts appreciated.
Vero 4k+ will do what you want and great support.
https://osmc.tv/vero/
If you would like to watch Streaming-Services like Amazon or Netflix and to integrate them into Kodi: Nvidia Shield. The AMLogic-boxes (including Vero) aren't able to handle These sources completly (no 1080p, no 4K, no HDR). Otherwise the Vero is a clever decision.