Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 18.1 Kodi -> FTP streaming not working for Raspberry Pi but works perfect for Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people, new to raspberry pi but I love to use it to view Amazon VOD and other legal streaming (I have account).

Now I would like to view my video library by FTP.
So I use the tutorial to configure Kodi to access to my private Hard Drive using FTP, and I can see all of my library.

But when I try to run one video, nothing works. The loading picture is shown for less than a second, disappear and that's all.

So I try to use the same version of Kodi in my Windows Computer, configure the same parameters, and it works with none errors.

So is the Kodi 18.1 for Raspberry Pi is corrupted to work ftp ?

What can I do ?
Start I think with a debug log (wiki) from the Pi, uploaded to our paste site and the link supplied here (see next post).

But the standard things to check are that the credentials (username/password) are correctly entered on the Pi, that you've got the URL etc correct (remembering that Linux-based systems are case-sensitive, where Windows ones tend not to be) and that the Pi has access to the server properly (firewalls, access controls etc are set up correctly).
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hello DarrenHill and thanks for your answer.

1) I make sure my login and password are absolutly the correct ones. If not I think I can't see my library.

2) I don't think I'm blocked from firewall, because I can use Kodi for windows to see and view my video library. Maybe there's a firewall in Raspbian, but I don't know where it is.

3) Here the log I made : https://paste.kodi.tv/usoyalofez.kodi
In this log I try to run 4 videos, with these formats :
Code:
Vacances_a_la_mere.mkv        ->    x264
Vacances_a_la_montagne.avi    ->    XviD 67
Vacances_chez_mamie.avi       ->    XviD 64
Vacances_chez_bob.avi         ->    Xvid 64

All of these files can be view with the windows version with no problem, but with Raspbian version nothing work...
Try adding this line to /boot/config.txt and reboot after:
start_x=1
Code:
2019-05-01 01:23:26.341 T:1899752720 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - SFTP support
2019-05-01 01:23:26.341 T:1899752720 ERROR: ADDON: Could not locate vfs.sftp.so.1.0.1
2019-05-01 01:23:26.341 T:1899752720 ERROR: IAddonInstanceHandler::CreateInstance: vfs.sftp returned bad status "Permanent failure" during instance creation
2019-05-01 01:23:26.341 T:1899752720 FATAL: CVFSEntry - Couldn't create instance on add-on 'SFTP support'
Is the problem.
That is also a problem he has, but I believe that the vfs.sftp addon is only for ssh/sftp (port 22) and not normal ftp (port 21).
Probably right. To be sure @Kiramochi can you disable the vfs.sftp addon and confirm the error "Could not locate vfs.sftp.so.1.0.1" is gone from the debug log (and that the playback problem still persists).